What's Your Little Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
longallsboy said:
Jonjon - I have higher functioning Classic Autism (a developmental disability) and because of that, emotionally and socially (and developmentally in some ways) I am like a 4 year old. I also absolutely adore longalls and Jon jons. I have lots of toddler / preschooler sized ones in my collection. Unfortunately, I can't wear the preschooler sizes ones, obviously. Longalls and Jon jons are mostly worn by little boys in the Deep South in places like Alabama, Georgia, The Carolinas, etc. I have tried to get someone to make me smocked longalls but that is very hard. Even getting anyone to make me a longall is hard. I've tried Etsy and EBay. It's hard to make an adult longalls without a pattern, so it's difficult for most people who make children's longalls to make an adult one. Do you really go all over the place wearing longalls? Do you get any comments when you wear those in public? I actually think longalls and Jon jons go well with t strap Mary janes or English sandals as far as shoes go. Every now and then, I see a adult male wearing overalls, but never seen one in the West Coast where I'm from wearing longalls. Never even seen little boys wear them in California. It is big down South though. Please do write back, and maybe we can exchange emails?? Take care - longallsboy

Yes, I do go all over the place wearing longalls and jonjons - and the remarks I've received have been mainly compliments. About the only negative remarks I've received have been from nurses, while taking my temperature, thinking I'm too old to still need it taken in my bottom. (The same nurses didn't have the same problem giving me a shot in my bottom, though.)

• Haha
Reactions: longallsboy and YbboB
Mine is a three year old boy who is full of love! He wants to be fully accepted and wants to be around people who will accept him for who he is so he can be himself without shame. His favorite outfit to run around the house in is a t-shirt (usually one with one of his favorite cartoons on it, like Moomin or Pokemon) and his diapers. He isn't bothered by having his diapers exposed for all to see, as long as he's around people who will love him. He loves his stuffybears more than anything in the world! He calls them his 'luvies', 'fluffies' or his 'softies', and when he gathers all of them around him to snuggle, he says he's in "stuffyworld" He loves to play and run and jump around, even if his diaper is droopy. Ultimately he just wants to have fun, play, and be loved and accepted.

• Love
Reactions: YbboB
Oh, goody! More playmates!

Jonjon said:
Yes, I do go all over the place wearing longalls and jonjons - and the remarks I've received have been mainly compliments. About the only negative remarks I've received have been from nurses, while taking my temperature, thinking I'm too old to still need it taken in my bottom. (The same nurses didn't have the same problem giving me a shot in my bottom, though.)

Jon Jon: Really? No one looks at you strange when you wear longalls or jon jons at the mall or at church? Very interesting. I suspect it would be more acceptable to wear longalls and jon jons in South Carolina or North Carolina (or Alabama), because these one piece outfits are much more well known in the Deep South, and a lot of toddler boys wear them to church and many other places, even at 4-6 years old. They are almost unheard of here in California - most parents of little kids even have no idea what those are here!! Who makes your longalls and jon jons? I have had a hard time finding someone to make me any because, like I said, most seamstresses have a hard time making one without a pattern, and patterns for adult longalls / jon jons is almost nonexistent. Plus, I'm looking more for a smocked longall, and even among moms who make longalls on Etsy, it's rare to find someone that knows how to do smocking. It's sort of a lost art. I suspect there would be many people willing to wear a longall if one was made. And I'm not talking about even just adult babies. I'm not an adult baby exactly (I don't even wear diapers), but I have Autism and emotionally and socially I am like a 4-5 year old and so wearing something like that would actually be something to match my inside age, and I would love to have longalls. But, even among other people, it's not unheard of. I read somewhere on Facebook there was a lady that was not an adult baby, in her 50s, that was wondering why a children's clothing company couldn't make longalls for adults because she had something similar as a young lady. Also, I've been to South Carolina several times, and last time when I was in the Charleston area in May 2016, I visited a children's clothing store there (they are a children's name brand that makes longalls and jon jons, only to size 3T). I met the owner of the company, and we talked about how I was visiting South Carolina and what I was doing there. His wife designs the longalls, and he actually mentioned to me that he used to have a band. They used to play gigs. He really wanted to have a smocked longall with smocked guitars made for him and his bandmates. He thought it would be really cute and cool for him and his band members to wear during their gigs. Unfortunately, they are made in El Salvador and Vietnam, and the factory there that makes his company's clothes told him they couldn't make some for him, because they weren't going to make just one, or three, or five longalls. That's what happens when you make things overseas in another country. Unless you make a couple of hundreds or thousands of longalls, they aren't usually willing to work with you. There might be a little more leeway with a company that makes their clothes in the USA still (there are a few). Longalls and jon jons are sort of a niche industry. The owner of the store in South Carolina talked to me for about 30 minutes and we talked about some videos I had on YouTube (he had seen them before he even personally ever met me), and we talked about the type of longalls and jon jons I like (I prefer gingham, although I like cotton / polyester too), and he was pulling off a few longalls off hangers when I showed some interest. At the end, he puts 3 longalls (all in size 3T) in a nice bag, and shoves it over to me across the cash register counter. At first, I wasn't sure what he was doing. But it became clear to me that he was giving these to me for free to add to my collection. I really wanted to pay him for at least 1 of them, but no matter how much I wanted to pay for any, he politely declined me saying "You came over to see us, and you are a visitor. These are yours". I left there with about $80 worth of longalls!! Unfortunately they don't fit me, as they are a size 3T, and I'm not the size of a 3 year old, but they were a nice addition to my collection of longalls and jon jons (I have 750 of them!! LOL).:laugh: Also, I feel that if a famous actor or a musician (say, Elton John, Billy Joel, or even Justin Bieber) were to wear longalls, it would spread like wildfire. I'm sure if I was a top notch musician, I'm sure it would become a fad. Suddenly children's longall companies would be making adult sizes and they would be selling real well. I've seen fads that would have been considered silly if one person did it, suddenly become really big and popular when a movie star did it or when a singer did it. I hate to say this, but a lot of people are like sheep and most people are just followers and not leaders. Look at how many parents are dressing their children like Prince George and Princess Charlotte in England - and a lot of parents dressed their little boys like Prince William and Harry back in the mid 1980s when they were wearing overalls and black patent Mary Janes, especially in the South but also in wealthier places elsewhere in the USA. I have a 34 year old friend who lives in Hamburg, Germany that was dressed like that in the mid 1980s when he was a toddler and his mom loved Princess Diana and the way she dressed her two boys. Interesting too that you mention about seeing nurses that thought it was annoying, although obviously the doctor was fine with it. In some places in the USA, in some HMOs, I might actually qualify to see a pediatrician because of my Autism. Or at least a med-ped which is a doctor that mostly sees children, but also adults as well. I'm very sensitive to pain and I'm not sure how I would go through a serious surgery like heart surgery or intestinal surgery. I would definitely be better off in the pediatric ICU ward than in the adult intensive care unit. At least, in the PICU, they would be more understanding of my crying and screaming because they deal with children. I might get attacked by other patients if I ended up in an adult ICU because I moan and groan and cry and scream if I feel pain. I have very low pain tolerance. As for jon jons: I think actually jon jons with crotch snaps might be more "convenient" for me if I have to go to the bathroom at my library because I could just pull the outfit upwards. With a longall that doesn't have snaps, I'd have to take off the whole outfit to go potty, which could be hard. Anyway I would definitely like to talk more to you about longalls and jon jons. Please do privately email me. My e-mail addy is preston1632 [at] yahoo, dot com. I haven't written enough posts here so I can't do email on ADISC yet. Take care and hope to hear from you soon!! Have a nice day!! Hugs - longallsboy (Codi) :laugh:

I kind of ended up going into a digression with Jonjon about longalls, so I never got a chance to talk about what my little character is like.

Well...my little character is like an Autistic 4 1/2 to 5 year old from the 1980s or perhaps even a little bit from the present. He is like a preschooler in many, many ways, but also very smart in certain ways. Very fun loving. Loves to play tag especially. Loves airplanes, boats, trains, and many other things. Loves train rides, including children's amusement parks that have trains as their focus, loves train museums. Has a fascination with airports and planes. Collects baseball caps from airports and cities. A 4 year old who loves going to the amusement park and riding on kiddie rides such as Bulgy the Whale, or speed boats, or Red Baron airplane rides. Very scared of roller coasters, not interested even in "kiddie" roller coasters, way too scary. More into rides that go in a circle, like the Red Baron Airplane rides, or "aerial carousels", as they are called sometimes. Loves children's TV cartoons and shows such as Pink Panther cartoons, Maurice Sendak's Little Bear cartoons, Care Bears, Teletubbies, Arthur, Wimzie's House, vintage Sesame Street, Barney, Fraggle Rock, etc. Loves Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Tiny Toons, and many other cartoons. Is very fond of wearing smocked and appliqued longalls and jon jons, or fancy overalls. Also has a deep love for T-strap shoes and Mary Janes. Would wear longalls / jon jons every day if allowed to by his parents, and T-strap shoes to him are great to go along with longalls. Loves dressing like a Southern little boy from South Carolina or Alabama from a well off upper class family. Very smart in certain ways, like a 6 year old who is a prodigy and attends community college. Potty trained, but then loves to carry a blankie or a pacifier around. Very talkative, cheerful and outgoing. A little bit boisterous occasionally like most 4 year olds, but with a rather sunny disposition. Has problems sometimes taking turns, and social behavior is not perfect. Will sometimes interrupt others or ask all sorts of questions. Unable to recognize some facial cues and social cues. This little boy is sort of egocentric to a certain extent - not selfish or narcisstic - but more like egocentric in the aspect that he blames things on himself that were actually some other person's fault, that he feels responsible for what someone else did. Like if someone he knew that he loved committed a crime, he would blame himself for "failing" that person, that he did not help that person in time of need. Still believes in magical thinking and thinks that death is temporary and not permanent and that one can talk to deceased people at their graves and the deceased person will hear them. Wears glasses sometimes, if reminded to. Very kind-hearted, sweet, and compassionate, but sometimes has tantrums. Usually tantrums are a result of being asked to do too much by parents, or because he gets bullied by others, especially when he's called nasty names like the R-word, low functioning Autistic mafia, or the P word. Sometimes has tantrums at his parents, because he gets bullied by others. Overall though, very nice child, very forgiving and understanding, well known for being sweet and kind, possibly even by bullies. Likes to hug others indiscriminately sometimes, very caring, but only hugs people on his own terms. Taken a little aback when people initiate the hugging and hug this sweet little boy, but will hug back. Loves to take trips, especially to South Carolina and North Carolina, play in sand on the beaches in the Carolinas. A little afraid of children he doesn't know, but warms up very fast. Loved by many people for his 4 year old-ness and a lot of others find the views of this 4 year old very refreshing. Loves oldies music from the 1950s to the mid 1980s and soft rock music, like a lot of little kids, music that calms him down. Mostly given up daytime naps, but occasionally sleeps during the afternoon, though not often. Loves to rile up other children to dance alongside him singing different songs. A little bit of a late night owl, a little naughty at bedtime, delays bedtime as much as possible. Sometimes goes to bed well past midnight. Sometimes a little naughty, deserves perhaps to be spanked (!) a little.

The scary part is that 95% of the time, this is how I actually am, in real life. There is very little differentiation between my Little character and how I truly am in real life to everyone else!!! :biggrin:

Longallsboy

Last edited:
  • Love
My little side is 1.5 years old, very snuggly, shy and not bratty at all. He comes out pretty often, but not as much as I would like. He always wears overalls and a boyish onesie, and that’s what I wear when hanging out with other littles. His favorite diaper is Super Dry Kids from AB Universe and he always uses a bottle and a pacifier.

• Love
If you don't do things to attract attention to your jonjon - no stuffed animals, no pacifiers - most people seem to disregard it, just as they disregard people wearing pajamas in public.

My jonjons and longalls were custom made, several by Foreverakid when they were still in business. I never was able to get a smocked longall, which I would have loved.

It's the nurses who had never seen me before who typically gave me static when they came in the room and I was already on my tummy on the table with my jonjon pulled down (I almost always wear a jonjon to the doctor's office) waiting for my temperature to be taken. (I don't pull down my training pants or diaper - the nurse does.) My chart is marked with my preference for rectal temperatures, and Daddy usually backs that up. The doctor is actually pleased when he sees me dressed in jonjon, bowtie, and knee socks - he said that he sees so many people come in to the office in jeans, sweatpants, and T-shirts that he finds it wonderful to have someone "dress up" to come to his office.

Almost all my jonjons and longalls are sewn tight between the legs - they have to come down all the way to use the potty. (Then again, since training pants - and especially diapers - don't have a fly, you'd need to pull them down anyway. :) )

My character is just my avatar but younger XP.

My OC's name is Wispy Daydream.
I usually have a hard time pinpointing age, but I like to say 18 months old and very firmly in diapers. No potty training in sight!

She's smart for her age. She can usually say basic words like "momma" and "baba". She points at things frequently, has a wide range of facial emotions, and uses two word combinations occasionally. Usually, little me is fairly nonverbal, but also somewhat obvious. She may not know what to say, but she certainly knows what she means.

She's spontaneous and easily excitable. She loves playing around with just about anything she finds. She loves soft bits like carpet tufts, hair, and whatnot and loves touching and feeling things. To be honest, she just loves people, even if she can get a bit invasive. She means well even if she can get overly fascinated with a obscure part of your hair. On the flipside of being excitable is being easily frightened. Daydream is all in all a very emotional kid and can get quite fussy under the right circumstances. She really really does try to mean well usually though, whatever that means to her at the moment. She might not understand what good or bad is really yet, but she hates seeing frowns.

She's beginning teething but also just tends to love nibble and suckling on things. Usually her pacifier is the best, but she isn't afraid for substitutes. She nibbles her hooves, stuffies, and even some toys. Not like she knows any better hehe.

She loves being cute due to all the attention she gets and the look has really grown on her since she moved on from just mostly plain onsies and a diaper. She wears bows usually, and goes for booties and a matching onsie.

Due to being so emotional, she's typically pretty attached to certain things. While she loves exploring and messing around with stuff, she always comes back to a few stable things in her life and can get really upset if those are disturbed. She loves her diapers, her pacifier, her favorite stuffie (a bunny plush), her hair bows, and her primary caretaker, whoever that might be.

• Love
My little is basically me when I was younger, based on a combination of of fuzzy memories and stories from my parents.

I'm a slightly bratty, and highly intelligent 6yr old who is potty and nighttime trained, but still wears pull-ups during the day because I get too distracted by games, shows, playing, etc. and either don't notice or don't want to stop what I'm doing and end up wetting. When I just didn't notice I get really upset and embarrassed to have anyone find out, and like to be comforted about it after. When I just let it happen I can get a little bratty about not wanting to admit I need a change.

I have really good vocabulary and conversation skills for a 6yr old, but can get really shy and drop into much younger speech patterns if I'm put on the spot or embarrassed. I usually try to please mommy and daddy, but I have a devilish streak and when I'm not looking to cuddle and play games, I sometimes pull little pranks and try to sneak snacks when I'm not allowed.

• Love
You all look like more great additions to our playdate! This is gonna be the most awesome playdate ever!!!!!

my character is my adult size when im a baby im just me

• Love
My little self is a three-and-a-half year old boy. He is smart, creative, adventurous, and imaginative. His favorite friends include a teddy bear named "Butterscotch" and a husky puppy named "Koda". He loves astronauts, pirates and dinosaurs. His favorite activities include building with blocks/Legos, and coloring. His favorite color is blue. He has used Pull-Ups on occasion, but is primarily kept in diapers.

• Love
My "Little" side:
3 to 6 years old.

• Love
I'm still learning about my little character. Age feels pretty young..2? 3? I'm diapered 24/7 and that's important to the little side too. Likes pacifiers, bottles, and my blanket. Just wants to be cuddled and cared for.

• Love
Wow...little me is finding more friends than she ever thought possible! <3 :)

My identity is old folk who like watching Smurfs, Mickey mouse clubhouse, Maya the bee and another shows, playing with plush Minnie mouse dancing on her favourite baroque music and sleeping in bed with Maya the bee bedding, and wearing pink skirt, pink t-shirt with some above mentioned character, tricorn hat and baroque suit, and too diapers, because I have very naughty bladder.

And of course, having submissive wife, who love be humilitated, and is fully controlled by me.

I know, that it can sound to you very strange, but is like I feel it.

• Love
Age range 4-9, usually 7. Small and scrawny relative to other the kids same age. Shy. Reserved. Cautious. Easily frightened. Smart.

Technically potty trained, but accident prone. Diapers or pull ups every night and sometimes during the day, especially for long trips or distracting situations (the zoo, the museum, amusement parks etc). Wet pants common when not padded. Always has a change of clothes in backpack.

Messy short brown hair. A few freckles, but not many. Mild stutter. Clumsy/uncoordinated. Thumb sucker when stressed and at bedtime. Needs a night light. Nightmares are common.

Thick miraflex glasses. Overalls are common but not shortalls. Hand-me-downs/ clothes usually a bit too big and scruffy looking. Often dirty from playing outside. Velcro shoes. Footie pajamas on special occasions. 2 piece matching jammies most nights. Just a diaper/pull up and a t-shirt on hot nights.

Sippy cup used when not sitting at the table for dinner. Bib occasionally still used. Sits in a car seat or booster seat. Still sleeps in a toddler bed or twin bed with a bed rail. Crinkly plastic sheets.

Obsessed with aliens, spaceships, dinosaurs, and tractors, Likes to read, do science experiments, explore, and watch cartoons. Usually prefers to play alone, but play dates and small groups are ok sometimes.

• Love
Mine is Billy. 3, just shy of 4 (next month will be 4). Loves snuggling and cuddling! Loves all animals. Colors is his favorite thing...just loves bright colors anywhere and everywhere! Can be flowers, clothes, books, cars, trucks...like I said, colors all..
Playing. Loves and wants to be loved. Will share his toys readily with anyone and is happiest when others are happy too! Sunny days. Birdies! Not clowns. His Mommy takes ALL care of him and she loves all littles and will talk with them and even babysit or take care of them if over for the day playing!! My Mommy is the most bestess Mommy in the whole wide world!! Even though I've met other Mommies that are way gooder too!! Their littles are just as lucky as I am!! Just that mines is mine!! My Mommy is very sick right now and sadly, might never be able to do the things she most loves to do with her little boy. Also wanting to have his friends come over to play or even call on the phone and talk, but Mommy always supervises so no bad things can happen and she tells the other littles things they like to hear too! Mommy is a very loving Mommy and knows there are a lot of lonely littles out there and she just wants them to be happy and feel loved! So, maybe my little is the first one with a Mommy here. I love all my little friends, brothers and sisters!!

An yeppers...diapers!!!! 😁

Just me,
ybboB 💕🍼👶

Mines a 4-5 year old who still has trouble potty training. Hes very curious and loves swimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back