Stomach flu and diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXERSORBRIEFS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So l am just starting to recover from a pretty bad case of a stomach bug. The fever has broken and the cramps are lessening. When it hit me a was miserable with body aches and my #2s were more like a #1. I pretty much slept for two days straight.
When I got home and went to bed, I knew it would be a good idea to put something on just in case. Boy am I glad I did. I would have made a mess of the bed. The funny thing was that when my wife noticed what I was wearing she said why don't you put one of your good ones on. I was wearing a kidgets night pants that I picked up at family dollar when I was working out of state. The thing was, for one I needed something I could pull down every hour or so, and I just didn't feel like wearing for my pleasure. It was more of a need. I guess I didn't want to mix the two. I don't know, maybe because I felt so awful.
I am one of those that never want to do a #2 in my diaper. If you like that more power to you, it's just not for me.
Not sure why I'm posting this. Just thought it was odd that I had no desire to wear. But was sure glad that I had some pull ups the protected the bed.

I feel ya.

The only times that I have genuinely had #2 accidents in my life was with a stomach flu. Once in the bed and once running to the toilet. If diapers weren't so stigmatized I think a lot of people would choose to wear under those conditions.

I had this same exact thing at the end of July, 3 days of misery, 103.5 fever with the worst stomach ever, and just like you, I was doing #1's where #2's go. My diaper of choice was tyakables waddlers, because of the Velcro taps (yes I tried to make it to the toilet every time the feeling hit) I think I put the one diaper on and off close to 10 times, at night thankfully my gf was there and legitimately cared for me.
In the end the bug or flu lasted closer to 4 days, I lost about 12lbs, I went from large diapers to mediums (and have stayed medium since)

Alas, I thought it was done but my optimism was short lived.
I just had to comment on the loss of 12 pounds. I certainly would like to drop about eight or so. If this lasts much longer I might get there.

The weight loss was because I literally couldn't eat during the sickness and then I was afraid to really eat afterwards, sticking to just fruit, vegetables and a little bit of chicken here and there for 2 weeks.

When I am feeling ill or sick, the last thing I want to do is to put on a diaper. I just don't feel like it.

However, if I feel like I might mess myself before getting to the toilet, I will wear a pull-up. Just in case.

Hope you're feeling better 😺

I'd always try to avoid messing in my nappy if I had an upset stomach, for reasons of hygiene. Sure, if you are going to have a messy accident, it's better and more hygienic to do it in a nappy than in your clothes, but still try to use the toilet if possible and keep the nappy strictly for unstoppable disasters. I've had one incident since being back in nappies ful-time, during which I did manage to make it to the toilet when needed. I avoided using my nappy for messes until the infection was well and truly gone, but as I was still wearing and using for wets, it was there just in case.

Thank you, yes starting to feel better. I had an appetite last night so I ate. But the gut is still weak. The diarrhea has slowed down to a trickle.
I don't get sick often but our bodies have reasons to do the things they do. So other than fever management I try not to take anything to stop the flow.
I know I'm feeling better, trying to figure out what diaper to wear tonight.

Between that and powerful antibiotics can result in very watery and frequent bowel movements that is a given. Let alone tearing up your gut and gives the mouth that furry tongue YUCK! Then you have to add probiotics to ass the good bacteria back in. Why dont they just target the antibiotic to kill the germ that ills you instead of killing ALL of them. Where are the chemists in here.....

Definitely has saved me a few times, I wore the bambino magnifico so it made putting back on easier and just saved a couple messes in bed and on the couch. Would definitely recommend for sure.

BabyDenise said:
When I am feeling ill or sick, the last thing I want to do is to put on a diaper. I just don't feel like it.

However, if I feel like I might mess myself before getting to the toilet, I will wear a pull-up. Just in case.

The problem I tend to have during those "episodes" is all the gas I have to pass. And you know when you have that going on, you can't trust a fart. So passing gas all night long, you get to wake up and go change and try to take a guess at just how many of those farts fooled you. I know I've gone to change on at least a few of those mornings and been more than just a little bit surprised by what I found. "Thank goodness I wore a diaper last night!!"

And then of course there are those "I've been asleep for the last 36 hours, except for a few brief breaks to get up and eat/drink". Going to bed in a nice thick diaper also means you don't have to get up many times when you'd rather just sleeeeep. Sometimes I sleep for 8 hours, get up, eat a light snack, change my diaper, and go right back to bed, repeat repeat repeat. That's how to make the best of the flu. (I also keep a bottle of water beside the bed, I take a sip every time I wake up, which is frequently)

Hit by a nasty stomach flu? Well, diapers saved my bed many times in these cases.
I normally do not have problems with number 2 but when afflicted by a disease that wrecks your bowel accidents might occur. So much that I do not always wake at night.
I wear diapers 24/7 now because of urine-incontinence. But when my bowels went crazy I´ve always worn protection since childhood. Better save than sorry - a new mattress is quite more expensive then a few diapers...

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back