People can't read when dreaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
had one a couple of hours ago, I was at some sort of store and the person next to me took out a cell phone and he projected on the wall that he wasn't able to hear or speak.

I'v had some crazy dreams. I once had one were I was in this place called the nexis and I was being told by this old woman that I "traveling" in my dreams. She said that I wasnt playing and should take it serious. It was pretty intense and vivid. So much so, that im using some of what happened in my dream in a game im working on.

I can read in my dreams, see in color and speak. Everybody in my dreams can speak. The level of detail is pretty vivid, comparable to real life, maybe more so even. My dreams always seem to be somewhere between normal dreams and lucid dreams. I'm aware that its a dream but I can't actually change anything. Honestly, for me at least, dreaming feels a lot like watching an episode of Fringe. For the most part its usually a lot like real life, but with a few small things that are different or one or two things that are strange and I always seem to know exactly what's not quite right.

OmiOMy said:
I have incredibly bizarre dreams. In one, I went sasquatch hunting with Vincent Price and David Bowie. We found a crashed UFO with nothing in it, but no sasquatch. Shrugging and calling it a wash, we went back to base and changed into roller disco outfits. Vincent IMMEDIATELY declared David Bowie's outfit "not spangly enough" (exact words), and he goes to change. The thing my brain decides to register as bizarre? I asked them if we were wearing roller blades or regular skates, because I'm bad at roller blading.

I didn't even bother breaking out the tarot cards to try and analyze the dream. I just let it stand as awesome.

In a dream that turned to a nightmare fast, I managed to kick myself out of it with a lucid dream trick. A tidal wave was coming and this evil kid was laughing. Then he showed off his stolen shiny Swablu. I noticed something: it was the wrong color. It was green. Not gold.

This is a dream, I thought.

I turn around, and PAUSE the tidal wave. My mouth isn't working but I mentally shout: WAKE UP!

And then I'm awake. It's 4:37 AM, and everything is fine.

Yes! I found that I CANT stay in a dream after I fall. Or if a thing is about to kill me. Idk how I wake up but it's like a mental push that wakes me up. xD

- - - Updated - - -

BurgundyRose said:
I can read in my dreams, see in color and speak. Everybody in my dreams can speak. The level of detail is pretty vivid, comparable to real life, maybe more so even. My dreams always seem to be somewhere between normal dreams and lucid dreams. I'm aware that its a dream but I can't actually change anything. Honestly, for me at least, dreaming feels a lot like watching an episode of Fringe. For the most part its usually a lot like real life, but with a few small things that are different or one or two things that are strange and I always seem to know exactly what's not quite right.

Same. A majority of my dreams I know I'm dreaming but can't or don't want to do anything. I think it's because the 2 times I was being lucid in a dream ended up ruining the dream. (at least for one) something like the part of my mind doing the dream gives up after I become lucid and makes me consciously keep everything together (such as the entire scene and plot) and my mental capacity in the dream isn't enough so things start falling apart.

I don't have a problem reading in my dreams, though that might be because I sort of lucid dream, its kind of a hybrid between full lucid and normal dreaming, usually I am aware, can tell it's a dream, and can do what I want, but I can't manipulate the dream.

I think not, you must be seriously when you are reading :eek:

I spent a bit of time learning about lucid dreaming, and I actually got to a lucid state a few times. It's an amazing and untapped ability we all have.

The easiest way to become lucid is to watch for triggers.

While you are awake you must do this several times a day, for several weeks, in order to form a habit.

- Turn light switches on and off and on and off; take notice that the lights are actually turning on and off.
- Read words; think to your self "Im able to read and understand that"
- Touch the mirrors in your bathroom; push your fingers into it to try and push through it; you realize its impossible and you will just break the mirror eventually.

Now you have formed a habit;

There will come a time, soon, when you are dreaming and you turn off a light, read a word, or see a mirror.

You will be amazed when you realize the lights aren't turning on and off and that you are dreaming ... OH MY GOD IM DREAMING!!!!!

Now you are lucid and free to do whatever you want.

sharing a lucid dreaming event, in sync with a partner experiencing the same base premise... THAT is a probable next step in human development. It would work like bluetooth. Sort of. Autism has taught me more than a half century that I can read and probably project neural signals from people nearby. It's good for a major freak-out if you over-think the process.

Disclaimer: I never achieved coherence with others.

I sometimes can. But anything I haven’t written will change when I look away.

Other times I see funny stuff. But I can’t remember it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back