target size 7 diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calico said:
Can you tell me about the Honest diapers? Do the sides stretch like Pampers do?
No, they are more like a Pampers size 5 but with really fragile tabs.

Uggu said:
No, they are more like a Pampers size 5 but with really fragile tabs.

I guess I will skip the size 6 then.

Calico said:
You measure around where the biggest part of your butt is.

Here is a diagram in the link below for where to measure hips:

https://www.dolfinswimwear.com/pages/size-charts

Remember, you have to include the largest part of your butt when measuring.

I second this. And that chart is correct.

I always find it amazing when people so easily confuse their waist line with their belt line, all while personally thinking thats their hips line. Even funnier is when someone believes their pant size (which is a completely arbitrart number, usually smaller than even your belt size) is what they need to base it on. So easily confused it's almost funny.

Slomo said:
I second this. And that chart is correct.

I always find it amazing when people so easily confuse their waist line with their belt line, all while personally thinking thats their hips line. Even funnier is when someone believes their pant size (which is a completely arbitrart number, usually smaller than even your belt size) is what they need to base it on. So easily confused it's almost funny.

It's one of my pet peeves. Why must clothes go by waist line for fit? What about hips and butt and thighs? Something may be listed as my waist size but that doesn't mean I will be able to get the pants on past my thighs. When I look at shirts, first thing I will look at is chest or bust. It needs to fit over my chest because of my breasts.

Underwear doesn't go up to waist so why must it be listed on the packages? Why not list hips?

Baby diapers don't even go above my hips because of the length.

I don't see anyone wearing pants at their waist. I was the only person I knew who liked having their pants up top their navel which is right about the waist line because I don't like the feel of anything loose around my bottom and anything hanging or having a large gap between my crotch and the pants. Once pants start falling down on me below my waist to the bottom of my hips, I get rid of them because the elastic in the waist wears out and if they were just jeans, I give them away because I don't like anything hanging on me. Unless they don't hang, then I am fine wit hip huggers. I don't don't want any gaps between my crotch and the pants. I don't know if this is a sensory thing or not.

Calico said:
It's one of my pet peeves. Why must clothes go by waist line for fit? What about hips and butt and thighs? Something may be listed as my waist size but that doesn't mean I will be able to get the pants on past my thighs.

most people don't know their hip size.

bambinod said:
most people don't know their hip size.

But they somehow know their waist size so they can just measure.

Calico said:
It's one of my pet peeves. Why must clothes go by waist line for fit? What about hips and butt and thighs? Something may be listed as my waist size but that doesn't mean I will be able to get the pants on past my thighs. When I look at shirts, first thing I will look at is chest or bust. It needs to fit over my chest because of my breasts.

Underwear doesn't go up to waist so why must it be listed on the packages? Why not list hips?

Baby diapers don't even go above my hips because of the length.

I don't see anyone wearing pants at their waist. I was the only person I knew who liked having their pants up top their navel which is right about the waist line because I don't like the feel of anything loose around my bottom and anything hanging or having a large gap between my crotch and the pants. Once pants start falling down on me below my waist to the bottom of my hips, I get rid of them because the elastic in the waist wears out and if they were just jeans, I give them away because I don't like anything hanging on me. Unless they don't hang, then I am fine wit hip huggers. I don't don't want any gaps between my crotch and the pants. I don't know if this is a sensory thing or not.

Because historically that's where the pants commonly did end up. At the waist line. Did you ever see old grandpa with his pants hiked up to his waist, or old fashioned granny panties that went up that high? You're not odd for liking them that high, just a little old fashioned. Who knows, in a few more decades it will be retro and back in fashion too.

The thing is, the last 50-100 years of fashion trends has been pushing the top of pants down more and more. Heck some even have them below the hips line now too (jail bait thugs come to mind).

I also mentioned this in another post, but adult diapers were originally designed to the same old waistline standard. Unlike with fashion though, you can't just go with a lower rise or you're negatively affecting their function. Without enough padding up front, you just start asking for leaks over the top- doubly so for guys. Hence why diapers are still measured by the waist line, because thats where they are intended to extend up to.

- - - Updated - - -

Calico said:
But they somehow know their waist size so they can just measure.

No, most people don't even know that. They just try and go by the pant size they buy, which is worse. Lol.

I wasn't going to say anything but before this discussion starts spreading misinformation.
That picture is wrong from that website. The text is right.

Waist: Measure around your natural waist (smallest part of the waist).

The picture assumes that every males waist size is at their belly button this is not true. Everyone's body is different and your waist will be your smallest part of your waist not "at the belly button".

kratox said:
I wasn't going to say anything but before this discussion starts spreading misinformation.
That picture is wrong from that website. The text is right.

Waist: Measure around your natural waist (smallest part of the waist).

The picture assumes that every males waist size is at their belly button this is not true. Everyone's body is different and your waist will be your smallest part of your waist not "at the belly button".

Yup, mostly. Thats why I always say "near the belly button". Guys with guts will throw that off though. Another good way to find your waist line is to stand up and bend to the side. The natural creases in your skin will form at your waist line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back