If you could go back in time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWaddlingDad

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If you could go back in time what is one thing you would do different and one thing you would do the same, regarding being an AB and/or DL?

One thing I would do different is:
Change the way I told my wife. Although she is really awesome and accepting about it now I think the way I told her should have been different.

One thing I would do the same is:
Tell someone I love diapers. It was such a relief letting someone else know about the secret I was keeping to myself.

ok. my first thread in forums.

well if I could go back.....I would try and handle how I reacted to my boyfriend coming out to me as an ABDL. in hindsight I did not deal with it well. in fact I remember being a bit mean which was not fare.

Hmmm, interesting question. I tend not to dwell on the past too much, I'm always a live in the moment and look to the future kind of guy.

I suppose if I could go back in time and change something regarding this, it would be, that I would have waited until I was completely out of my Mother's house to begin exploring this side of myself. It's no secret, my mother found my stash of baby things when I was a teen and she did not respond well. I often wonder if I would have had a more fulfilling time coming to terms with this, if I avoided that small bit of unpleasantness. Then again though, it may have taken me longer to reach the point I'm at now if I didn't explore, experiment and discover in my teens, so that ones a bit of a double-edged sword.

If I could do something the same, it would be the way in which I've been honest and open with partners. I have never let this side of me bar me from seeking out mates. I think a lot of ABs resolve themselves to the fact that they'll be forever alone too early and as a result, this side of themselves becomes an impediment when it comes to dating. For me, I have always dated people, I just happen to be honest about this side of myself early on. My honesty and openness has rewarded me with countless Mommy/Baby experiences and some pretty solid friends/confidants as well :)

If I could persuade myself to accept it sooner, that would be great. I'd probably be hit by a bus just after learning to accept it. Maybe it's good enough the way it is.

If I could go back, I'd go all the way back to my early childhood while I was being potty trained, and essentially refuse the training. I had a lot of medical problems as a young child because I was born three and a half months premature. I'm sure I could have gotten away with severely delayed potty training, or at the very least "accidental" bedwetting for a long time. It would have given me access to diapers in a way that my parents would know about and be accepting of, and in a way that would eliminate the shame and guilt of "doing something bad" that I dealt with a lot when I first started my exploration.

I would definitely tell my wife to be about my DL side before getting married instead of waiting until we were already married 11 years. This way she could have had the chance to leave if she wanted. And in turn, I could have had the chance to find a girl who was into it or at least okay that I am.

When I was 17 I was with my first real girlfriend messing around in her room when out of the blue she says to me "I want to put a diaper on you".
She couldn't have had ANY idea that even at this young age I knew I was into ABDL stuff so naturally being the dope that I was at the time I replied
"that's f'd up, I don't know where you get these ideas". I regretted saying that the minute the words left my mouth and it was never brought up again.
Unfortunately, like I said I was a dope at the time and I took her from granted and lost her. This is the biggest regret I have but it taught me to never take anyone or anything for granted and I haven't. If I could go back and say HECK YES, ABSOLUTELY, I would.

Like a few others apparently did. Back around age nine when my bed-wetting tapered off (eventually stopped) wish I had filled the void with occasional purposeful wetting. Having done that mom would have left the much admired rubber sheet on my bed leaving the door ajar for continued “accidents”.

Different, I'd invest heavily in Apple computers when they first went public so I wouldn't have to worry about diaper purchases ever again.

Same, I'd become completely diaper dependent with full funcional urinary incontinence. I'm sooo much better off having no control and even feel more comfortable with being who I am having accepted that.

I would have 'come out' sooner. When I was in my late teens my mom would buy me goodnites/other diapers if I did certain chores around the house (And of course took care of the diapers on my own) Had I known she was going to be cool with it I would have come out earlier about it to get more diapers at a time when I could fit into them. One thing I wouldn't change... hmmm, not sure about that.

Another thing I would change would be not following up on a threat from my dad when I was in kindergarten that if I had more accidents (I only ever had one) I'd be put back into diapers. I would have seen if it was a bluff or not.

A non ab/dl thing I would change would be not coming out as trans, I would have come out as trans much much earlier in my life instead of just recently. I also would have kept in contact with the girl I had a crush on in school, or had tried to anyway. We both liked each other and it's one of my biggest regrets not following up on that.

BuffedBaby said:
When I was 17 I was with my first real girlfriend messing around in her room when out of the blue she says to me "I want to put a diaper on you".
She couldn't have had ANY idea that even at this young age I knew I was into ABDL stuff so naturally being the dope that I was at the time I replied
"that's f'd up, I don't know where you get these ideas". I regretted saying that the minute the words left my mouth and it was never brought up again.
Unfortunately, like I said I was a dope at the time and I took her from granted and lost her. This is the biggest regret I have but it taught me to never take anyone or anything for granted and I haven't. If I could go back and say HECK YES, ABSOLUTELY, I would.

A little off topic, but I genuinely winced reading this. I can't imagine how that must of felt in the moment like that :hug: To many and from the sounds of things, yourself included, that's a dream scenario. It's no wonder that if time travel were possible, you'd want to go back and remedy that.

But, as I said in my previous post on this thread, I don't like dwelling on the past, I learn from it and move on and as a result, the present is amazing and the future seems bright :)

It sounds to me like you learned a very valuable lesson from that moment and as a result, you are in a great and more enlightened place at present :)

for me it is not something i would do differently, but i would have my mom and aunt do differently. my cousin, bobby, and i were taken out of diapers when we werebetween two and 2 1/2, even though we still wet the bed. if i could go back i would want mom and aunt mary to keep us in diapers, instead of waking ul to a wet bedever morning.

PaddedInPuyallup said:
I would definitely tell my wife to be about my DL side before getting married instead of waiting until we were already married 11 years. This way she could have had the chance to leave if she wanted. And in turn, I could have had the chance to find a girl who was into it or at least okay that I am.

But then you wouldn't have your kids. It's the Peggy Sue Got Married dilemma. It's rotten how we can only choose one path sometimes.

If I could go back knowing what I know now then I'd tell my parents to stop wasting there money on drugs and get me some damn diapers so I didn't wake up covered in piss every morning...

Otherwise idk

IF H G Wells were to offer me the use of his time machine...
The first thing I'd do is pack up all the stock market reports from 66 to today. Then I'd transition at 12 y/o

I would have gotten a bunch of boxes of Pampers Size 7 from the 2009-2011! I missed them!!

ESPF said:
IF H G Wells were to offer me the use of his time machine...
The first thing I'd do is pack up all the stock market reports from 66 to today. Then I'd transition at 12 y/o

Either that or a few winning lottery numbers!

1. Between stock markets and lottery numbers, you two made my day.
2. To the two people who lost their sweethearts, I'll gladly help out.

Something I would have done differently is joining this site sooner! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back