Anyone know an adult (non-ABDL) who wears diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocChip

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just wondering who here knows someone - maybe a partner, family member or friend - who wears nappies for non-ABDL reasons? Perhaps it's what actually triggered your interest in the whole thing... or maybe just something that makes you feel slightly awkward around that person given they don't know of your interest? I've always wondered how I would feel if that situation were to arise.

90% of my gfs clients wear crappy depends pull-ups. She works in home healthcare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah me. I’m bladder inconsistent.

Yes, I do, being both iC and DL.

Yep, 3 of them. My wife and I have a housemate who works as a PCA / Homemaker and most of his clients have bladder or bowel control issues. I've helped him out on the job before and never felt awkward around his clients or anything like that, adults in diapers feel pretty normal to me at this point. lol

<---^-------This guy is incontinent & wears diapers 24-7-365

Most of the residents at the nursing home my wife works at are incontinent to some degree. Most wear adult nappies or pads.

My paternal grandmother did (with a catheter for her last few years), my aunt now does (is currently in a nursing home with a catheter and they lay a diaper under her), but not long ago she had me go into Walmart and buy her their crappy pull-ups.

Apparently my maternal grandfather also wore them, but I was a kid and don't really remember.

Last edited:
Not at this time. Within the last few years, I have had relatives who needed them for weeks to months. If it had been a permanent thing, I might have given them some suggestions for better products. It doesn't bother me.

I had a friend whom I confided I was an ABDL. He had a bladder infection once and had to wear diapers to bed, and he wet them. He said they felt "warm" after he used them. I was laughing at how foreign it was to him. He said he'd leave the diapers for me.

Yes. And no it had nothing to do with my interest as a DL.

I suspect there are far more people wearing them for continence issues than ABDL reasons.

My mother in law because she can't hold it long when she has to go. She can't always make it.

My 27 year old nephew has been in diapers his whole life due to being onthe autism spectrum.

I think it's safe to assume that most people know of an adult who wears diapers for purposes outside of AB/DL.

I know/knew of 3; My Great Grandmother wore diapers towards the end of her life because of her old age and debilitating arthritis. A great Uncle currently wears them because he had colon surgery and has semi-extreme Parkinsons that has made it difficult for him to make it to the bathroom on time. Lastly, a friend of the family, she doesn't wear diapers per se, she wears thick pads and those slim medical briefs. She has an overactive bladder, always has, but it seems to be getting more overactive as she ages. She is also extremely upfront about this fact.

I've known about several relatives wearing diapers. Had any of these been wearing earlier in life, and not in conjunction with other health issues, I might have managed to be amused by it. As it was, though, so many more serious things were going on in each case that the diaper thing only barely registered with me.

I don't know anyone else personally who are non-ABDL and have to wear diapers (although I've met plenty online), but it's a very private thing. I haven't told any of my friends or family about my IC requiring I wear diapers (aside from my mom who was staying with us for an extended period of time, and likely would've found out anyway). Also, in natural conversation, how often do you bring up your underwear anyway?

I'm somewhat sure that someone I know is a DL as well, as one of his ex-GFs mumbled it under her breath that he was into diapers when she was sitting near me. If I opened up to him about it there's a solid chance he'd deny it then tell everyone about me, just to shift the spotlight off of himself, though.

Neighbour might, saw a few empty boxes of Molicares. Could of been moving boxes which she got from someone she knows in healthcare but not sure giving her age.

My grandma and one of my aunts do that I know of.

<----- Another unpredictably IC individual here. I have to wear 24/7 even though my accidents can come and go over the span of days or even weeks, because I never know when they're suddenly going to spring up again. That said, I used to be a social worker, and I worked with a lot of people in nursing homes who were IC. I once had the unfortunate experience of sitting in a chair in a client's room, only to stand up afterwards and feel that my pants were quite damp. I took them off in the bathroom to smell them, and confirmed that I'd been sitting in her pee. Needless to say, I ran out of hot water in the shower that night! My pee in my pants is fine. Somebody else's? Not Happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back