MyDiaper Ultra Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've had these in a few days and have gotten to try them out for day and night, and I've got to say these are amazing performers. In all honesty they appear to be a 100% ripoff of ABU's PeekABU. So if you live in Europe, you really need to try them since ABU isn't as available over there.

There are only a few differences between MyDiaper Ultra Night and PeekABU. (1) the front shell art is different. Instead of four critters, there's four more generic drawn cartoonish faces. They also come in four different colors, a slightly pastel green, blue, yellow, and orange. And (2) their sizing is shifted one position so they are more in line with "normal" sizing. IE Large means "Large", not "Medium". So if you had to go a size larger with ABU, don't do that with these. And (3) they use white tapes, not ABU's new clear tapes. And it seems that they're using SuperGlue in these tapes too.... there's a tape panel, and the tapes have a pull on them, but wow, they are VERY hard to pull up. The tapes are plenty strong though, they don't seem to pull up from the back or stretch/pop, and there's NO chance they're going to pop. I can move them with a great deal of effort immediately after sticking them down, but by morning they've long since set and you need to use both hands to pull them up, it's insane. If anyone wants that "can't take off my diaper" feeling, (without having to apply additional tape) these are for you.

Performance seems to be identical to the few PeekABU I got my hands on before they ran out of XL. (I don't think you could tell these apart in a blind test, they really are identical design) I drank a bit excessively Tuesday night before bed, wondering if Ultra could last me all night, and YES they can. I only managed to wet my diaper to within 4" of the back top of the padding, no leaks. They start out light, fairly thin, and flexible, but by morning have swollen considerably, though still wick well. Leak guars are quite tall also, and front padding is good, so they should work well for side-sleepers also.

My only complaint might be the size of the tape panel. It could cover a little farther up and down the diaper, to allow me to attach the top tapes a little higher or bottom tapes a little lower. You REALLY don't want to attach the tapes off the panel, the adhesive as I was saying is really insane. You are absolutely guaranteed to rip at hole in the shell if you try to move a tape. But the art they use is pretty lightweight. The color palate is just the one pastel color, plus some black, along with clear areas. (in contrast, PeekABU have more colors on each diaper, three of their four character use two colors plus black) This actually does a really good job of making these diapers look unexpectedly "babyish", and improves the "all white diaper" look, even though there's art on the panel. In that regard I think I might prefer the art over the furry motif found on PeekABU, these definitely look more babyish than them. (the white tapes instead of clear also IMHO add to that effect)

As mentioned above, the padding is the same as PeekABU: it starts out marginally thin and very flexible, absorbs and wicks fast, swells a lot, and seems to be really good capacity. I don't know how durable it is for daywear - I'm going to try to wear one today to work (since it's thinner) and see how it handles being active. (though I'm not going to be insane enough to try to wet it - there's NO way that amount of swelling will stay hidden under my work pants!!)

But they were not cheap to order. 6 packs of 10 (they don't have specific "cases", you order by the bag) was $188. (almost exactly HALF of that was shipping charges) ABU charges a lot more for their diapers, but shipping is of course a lot lower, so the price ends up pretty close.

So the bottom line:

- in a blind test, they are identical diapers in fit, feel, and performance
- Ultra have better tapes
- depending on whether you lean furry or baby, you'll like one panel art better than the other
- price is about identical if you're in the USA, but Ultra is hugely cheaper anywhere else.
- SaveExpress takes 3 weeks to get my order to me, whereas ABU is usually here in 3-4 days.... IF they have stock. Which for me, they've been out of stock for a long time.

and lets not forget... this is a pretty shameless ripoff. I don't know if ABU owns the model design or not, and without knowing that it's hard to say whether this is someone ripping off their design, or simply another reseller ordering a similar product from the same manufacturer who actually owns the patent on the model. (but that's my assumption for now) If it's the latter, I'd suggest ABU consider stocking these beside their PeekABU. Clearly China has these in stock and available, and the more babyish panel / better tapes / lower price (?) could be popular with your customers.

Here's the four variety of MyDiaper Ultra in size Large, with one ABU PeekABU size XL. (the PeekABU has bee unfolded for measuring and refolded, so it's a little fluffed out from its usual fresh-out-of-the-bag shape, making it look a little wider, but they are identical in size)

attachment.php

(the tops appear bowed on MyDiaper... they are actually straight. I think they might have a stronger waist and leg elastic, it really pulls on them!)

They sound pretty awesome, I'd like to try them out (once they have a US distributor). I don't really lean furry OR baby, so I'm not sure which one I'd be more comfortable with. Maybe the Ultras?

PlotTwist said:
They sound pretty awesome, I'd like to try them out (once they have a US distributor). I don't really lean furry OR baby, so I'm not sure which one I'd be more comfortable with. Maybe the Ultras?

Well ABU's been out of XL for some time now and I have no idea when they'll be back in stock, but the same amount of L from SaveExpress (which is the same as ABU's XL) costs about the same, and they're in stock.

I'd say these are worth it for everyone to try though, just for the thinner, more absorbent padding alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back