Not open for further replies.

AngelKitten

Diapered But Proud!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I have been very loyal to Abena L4 diapers, however, I wanted a plastic-backed tape-tab style diaper comparable to Abena that didn't have those "racing stripe" and "L4" markings all over the front of them.

I called XP Medical a little while ago this morning (I routinely order from them month to month), and they told me they are now carrying BetterDry diapers. Neat thing is, they are completely vanilla - plain white, no markings! Customers have told them the tapes are quite strong, and they are actually more absorbent than the Abenas. I will be receiving a sample via FedEx by the end of week, and I plan to order a full case of 60. 60 would take care of me for a month, and the real plus is that I can use my lifetime $10 per case Value Discount as well.

I will let you guys know how they fit and feel, and how they compare to Abena, when I get one to try on. Thanks!

Oh yes BetterDry are a favorite around here, I'm sure you'll find them much better than Abena. They're generally regarded as one of the top 3 best non-ABDL diapers, the other two being ConfiDry 24/7 and Northshore Supreme. Give them a shot as well if you prefer a plain white diaper, if you haven't already.

Northshore sells them at a good price as well, plus they have the crinklz/astro/aqua too also at a good price.

I'm a big fan for better dry. They are my go to night time diaper.

They are pretty absorbent, do you mind they have the old fashioned double tape system rather than a taping panel?

Argent said:
They are pretty absorbent, do you mind they have the old fashioned double tape system rather than a taping panel?

Both Dry 24/7 and Better Dry are excellent products. However, that double tape system is a real problem, in my opinion. I had to stay in a hospital overnight once, and that double taping system gave the staff fits while I was having surgery. The nurse had to lift both tapes, the upper and lower, which ripped out the plastic backing in the front. A taping panel would have made the task far simpler, as all the nurse would have had to do was re-tape after accessing the area being worked on. So, I would definitely say that both of the products would benefit from a taping panel. I would have been better off wearing the Bellissimos, rather than the Dry 24/7s I had with me.

Honeywell6180 said:
The nurse had to lift both tapes, the upper and lower, which ripped out the plastic backing in the front.
That's why they have two layers on the same tape, so you can pull it off, and lay it back down exactly where you had it before to ensure a good fit. I guess the nurse wasn't used to working with diapers!

I think the choice between the two is a personal preference. I know I prefer the double tape system, as I can get a better fit than with the taping-panel style diapers, and the front is less stiff as well.

PlotTwist said:
That's why they have two layers on the same tape, so you can pull it off, and lay it back down exactly where you had it before to ensure a good fit. I guess the nurse wasn't used to working with diapers!

I think the choice between the two is a personal preference. I know I prefer the double tape system, as I can get a better fit than with the taping-panel style diapers, and the front is less stiff as well.

The nurse definitely WAS trained. But they were used to the Medlines with the cloth-like backing and Velcro tapes. The Bellissimos would have offered a durable surface to place the tape back on, and would not have required as much mechanical aptitude as the Dry 24/7s did. This is why I want to re-evaluate the products I take with me, should I end up in the same or similar facility. Yes, I want to keep my full independence. But by the same token, I want to make it as easy as possibl for others if I can't do it all myself.

Honeywell6180 said:
Both Dry 24/7 and Better Dry are excellent products. However, that double tape system is a real problem, in my opinion. I had to stay in a hospital overnight once, and that double taping system gave the staff fits while I was having surgery. The nurse had to lift both tapes, the upper and lower, which ripped out the plastic backing in the front. A taping panel would have made the task far simpler, as all the nurse would have had to do was re-tape after accessing the area being worked on. So, I would definitely say that both of the products would benefit from a taping panel. I would have been better off wearing the Bellissimos, rather than the Dry 24/7s I had with me.

I notice this problem at hospitals as well. The blue tape is lurposely intended to stay in place, and you're supposed to only lift up the white tapes. Many attendants and doctors don't know this though, so they try and lift up the blue tapes. Which that of course rips up the entire diaper. This isn't a flaw in the diaper though, only their lack of knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back