What triggered your desire to wear diapers/nappies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osthagen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
In my case, it was mostly my mother making me wear nappies at nighttime for bedwetting, when I was around 10 or 11 (1999-2000). I simply found a great deal of comfort in wearing the nappies, and even after I’d finished using them for bedwetting, I’d regularly put them on at night or casually wear them in my bedroom.

That might have been helped along by the fact that quite a lot of my earliest memories relate to my nappies. For example, I remember my mother changing me and finding that a babysitter had put my nappy on backwards (with the tapes stuck at the back).

What do you think motivated you to start wearing nappies?

For me, I used to be a bed wetter. i wore pull ups at night for a long time. i used to hate it so much so that i would try and not fall asleep because i knew i would wet myself. I had the occasional day wet as well so i was put in pull ups during the day sometimes. the switch was when i had been out of them for close to a month when my parents went out and got me a baby sitter. like a lot of kids we were unruly and hard on our babysitter. this behavior she told to my parents. just before they got home i had dozed off while watching TV and woke up soaked. my parents were very upset. my dad had me take a bath and my mom left. when she came back she had a pack of diapers. she told me that if I was not going to act like a big boy for the sitter then i would be treated like tha baby i had acted like. I was put in diapers that night. while laying there i thought how mean this was how unfair this was. then i remember someting switched. all of a sudden i realized how comfy they felt. i slept that night great. the next morning i woke up wet. my parents of course were mad and said i would be in diapers at night and pullups during the day till i stopped wetting and could act like a big boy. the following weekend my parents went out and had informed my sitter of my situation. I remember her showing up and asked if i had my pull ups on. i said yes and she made dinner. we watched a movie which i fell asleep during. when i woke up it was bed time and she said time for bed and to get you into your night time undies. which i knew meant diaper. we went to my room and flayed out my blanket and noticed i had soak my pull ups and she said it was about to leak. good thing we are putting you in your night time undies. now i was old enough that my parents dint change me anymore. but she did not know that and proceeded to change me. this went on for a long time. i remember that i did stop wetting at night but just in case i was kept in diapers. that was until one night with my sitter before bed she was changing me and my member became aroused. i remember my sitter saying oh boy someone is ready to be a big boy now. she taped me up and that was the last time i ever had a diaper. im pretty sure she told my parents about it. after that the diapers were gone. I missed them. from then on i always wanted them to come back. i didn't do anything about until i moved out of the house.

The only scientifically backed theory I've found in the last 50 years is that the process known as imprinting is responsible for these desires. Imprinting implants these things in your subconscious at an early age so it is unlikely, but probably not impossible, that you would be aware of what specifically triggered these life-long desires.

Reactions: adderuk
I find it's different for everyone, for me I was trained early so have no recollection when I used them, I just have early memories of wanting to wear them when I was around 3/4 years old.

I was only interested in wearing diapers originally because of driving long distances and being uncomfortable to hold it. It probably means my bladder shrunk, because I used to not have this problem. After trying on my first generic “Men’s Fitted Briefs” I realized that I enjoyed wearing and using them (Mostly just for #1). It took me a while to learn how to put them on right. I now only wear premium ABDL printed diapers. I enjoy the soft, snug feeling of them against my skin.

I'm pretty sure I was born already primed, or predisposed, to become abdl. I don't know what my trigger was though, as my first memory was putting on my baby brothers diaper and being told to "again" take it off by my mom.

When I was a child, I used to be fascinated by nappies without knowing why. My potty training was quite ordinary, or so I'm told, and I never wet the bed. But I would take every opportunity, e.g. when going shopping, to take a sneak peek at the nappies on supermarket shelves. I used to be jealous of younger children who were still in nappies and tried to imagine what it felt like. One day I stuffed my underpants full of toilet tissue, to mimic the feel of padding. I also enjoyed using the potty and toilet and was always looking for new and interesting ways to wee and poo. My mum was quite indulgent - if I needed to go in the street she would let me go down a drain, or if I was in bed she would bring a potty, let me go in my bedroom and wipe me afterwards, even once I was using the toilet independently.

One day, when I was around 10, the desire to try a nappy became overwhelming. I didn't feel I could safely buy nappies in a local shop without questions being asked, nor could I 'borrow' anything absorbent enough to wet properly that would not be missed, so I decided to try making a plastic slip that would contain a bowel movement. I cut panels out of strong plastic bags and stuck them into shape, complete with a pocket at the back to collect the waste. When no-one was around, I put it on, went out into the garden and did a poo in it. What a wonderful moment that was - just standing in the garden in full view while making a smelly mess in my 'nappy'.

The experience spurred me on to march into the store and buy the biggest and best nappies I could find - plastic-backed toddler-size Pampers - and I've never looked back. As I progressed through my teens, I upgraded to adult nappies, which were another revelation. Finally I could just wet and mess as much as I needed, whenever and wherever, without a care in the world...

For me, I have no idea why I like to wear diapers/nappies. Right from a very early age I always had this strange urge or desire to wear them, drawn like a moth to a light I guess. Like others have mentioned here, I used to get jealous of younger kids still wearing them. My earliest memories of actually getting my hands on one and wearing it post potting training was just before I started school, I would say age 4?? I remember back then I would try my best to steal nappies where I could from family members with younger children or from neighbours. I dont have any memories of getting caught at this age, but I am sure it happened.

Then I kinda had a draught of wearing until my early teens, I guess I suppressed the desires to wear them. When I started to get pocket money, I remember I would go out and buy baby nappies and wear them to bed. Later on in my teens I would say 14 or 15, I was still going out and buying baby nappies to wear. My mum had gotten a job at the time as a care worker to physically and mentally disabled people. once when my step dad went to pick her up from work, I was dragged along, I remember not wanting to go. I remember once I needed to use the toilet real bad and she let me into the home. When into the toilet, I noticed selves with packs of what seemed a very large size nappies, I really couldnt believe my luck at all, my heart was pounding and I was physically shaking with the find, I really had no idea such things existed. I got up to my old tricks of stealing them from there when I could. I guess my mum might have thought it odd in me wanting to use their toilet all the time haha. When I was old enough to get a job and stuff like that, I started to purchase adult nappies for myself and yeah its continued until now...........Its not a sexual thing for me, but more of a comforting one I guess.

For me it starts also in my early youth. I think I was 6 or 7 when I had bed wetting accidents again. One time I woke up wet and had my first orgasm. I did’d realy realise that this was ones - but I realy loved that feeling and I thought it had somthing to do with my wetting. So I try it next night and wet myself on purpose - and yeah - I found a new way to get this feeling back.

Unfortunatly my parents did’d share my exitement because they where afraid that’s somthings wrong with me because I starded wetting the bed again. I did’t wont to tell them about it because I was afraid that say will ask me to stop my new found plessure. So I started to look for ways to hide it. I start to built diapers from plastic bags and kitchen rolls. Many years later, when I had my first own appartment I was able to buy my first real adult diapers. Now I’m over 50 and I still love to have fun in diapers. Two years ago I start suffering under urge incontinence after a bladder infection. Meanwhile thing are more or less back to normal and I’m happy that I can use diapers mostly for fun again.

I don't really know.
I bought Goodnites one day in a last ditch move to do something about my bedwetting — I was desperate, who wets the bed in their thirties?! After waking up wet several nights and feeling more comfortable with it, I began to wonder if cloth diapers existed for adults, because this wasn't going away.

I wasn't expecting to like the diapers.

I wasn't expecting the soothing feeling I got with putting on a diaper. I wasn't expecting the feelings of warmth and comfort. It scared me a little. I was already struggling with my identity as a little, now I was having diaper feelings? It was then I started lurking blogs about it, as well as this site. I joined once I got comfortable with it.

Its been a lifelong thing for me. I was very difficult to potty train because I really didn't want to give up my diapers when I was 4-5 years old. I was almost six years old by the time I got out of diapers full time. However I still wet the bed on occasion until I was probably 13 years old. Throughout my childhood I would think about wearing them again but didn't gather the courage to get into them again until I was 14 years of age when I convinced a friend of mine to help me buy Goodnites at a CVS Pharmacy. When I was 15 my parents moved us out to the countryside where the nearest store was probably 5 miles away and I wasn't willing to bike that far. I ended up writing my Mom a note telling her I started wetting the bed and specifically asked for Goodnites.

She bought them for me and for the next three years I wore Goodnites, Depends, and Attends until I turned 18. I was also taken to a urologist and psychiatrist to address my supposed bedwetting issue but truth is I hadn't wet the bed in several years and doctors couldn't find anything abnormal with my urinary system (obviously). After I turned 18 I came clean to my parents telling them I liked wearing diapers but didn't mention I lied to them about wetting the bed, though I'm sure by now they have a good suspicion that I did in fact lie to them to get diapers. To this day I just buy my own padding and nothing is said.

I think I always wanted to be in diapers, or back in diapers. I was first aware of this by the time I was four years old. When puberty hit, I was deliberately wetting my underwear and making my own diapers. As for the cause, I'm not sure. I was adopted, but not until I was almost two years old. Who knows what happened during potty training, or the attempts. I know I was still wearing diapers when I was adopted because my mom threatened to put me back in them when I was four. That's when the light bulb lighted in my little mind. I wrote about it in my story, (on this site) "Coffee Stop".

lifelong medical eshyous ie bed betting,ext,ext cancer one kidney tiny blader,ext, ext,
before long I like the feel of them or maby A cooping tool. not Riley shuer.
words ar hard fore me, FUBAR.

mickdl said:
For me it starts also in my early youth. I think I was 6 or 7 when I had bed wetting accidents again. One time I woke up wet and had my first orgasm. I did’d realy realise that this was ones - but I realy loved that feeling and I thought it had somthing to do with my wetting. So I try it next night and wet myself on purpose - and yeah - I found a new way to get this feeling back.

Are you saying you had orgasms at age 6 or 7? Ask because in conjunction with wetting I began to experience pleasurable “spasms” at about that age which many think is impossible.

I was always autistic and I was very hard to get potty trained. It wasn't until age 6 where I was out of diapers completely and have never wet the bed once as a kid. I didn't gain an interest in diapers until age 13 or 14. I would steal depends at that time from some old persons closet, got caught after a month of stealing. I gained a sexual desire to wear them after my dad caught me. I would fantasize about diapers and get aroused by thinking about nappies. Had to wear diapers for one weekend because of bad diarrhea. I could not get access to more nappies until I had a way to earn money. I first bought depends after graduating high school and enjoyed wetting them. Not until a year later is when I bought my first ABDL brand: Rearz Safari. I have been an adult baby ever since, wearing any diapers that fit me.

Like a lot of people I don't know exactly what first started my fascination, I just know that by about four I was aroused by the thought of potty training, Pull-Ups, and accidents. I sort of blame certain episodes of Rugrats, and witnessing my first-cousin-once-removed wetting her diaper during a change.

It was always there, as far back as I can remember, 3-4 maybe. As I got older if I was crying my Mom would threaten to put me in diapers. She would even do this in front of my friends. It would lie dormant sometimes but never went away. A diaper commercial, walking past the diaper aisle in a store, simple triggers like that.

I don't know what caused it. The curiosity started young, age 3-4 but I don't think I was necessarily destined to be an ABDL right then. It came back to me on occasion growing up but it wasn't enough to really plan and act upon it until I was 10-11. By that time I think the die was pretty much cast.

I think it's almost impossible to know what causes this. Even for those who feel like it's very clear, I bet we could interview people and find that they had similar or the same experiences and didn't end up liking diapers. I think it's more likely a series of things, possibly fairly widely spaced that set us up for this. We probably won't know in my lifetime.

Both my you get brothers was bed wetter and I guess I was jellous and I tried one of there slight wett drynites and was hooked to them and that was in the 1998 and I chose to wear nappies 24/7 as a choice of underwear add me on kik nappymatty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back