Elite Dangerous

That sounds... maybe... like it's exactly what I need to do. I'll try that the next time I play. Not sure why that's not a default thing, but maybe it is & I didn't notice.... the controls can be confusing.

Also, combat sounds scary. It seems like there's a big penalty for death, though maybe it's nothing when you've played for a while and have lots of money. I'm not against there being some penalty when you die, but... I hope it doesn't sting toooooooooo much.

What's your CMDR name, Lestat?

EDIT: Also, Shippo. Get yourself a HOTAS setup. It makes the controls so much easier and intuitive.

Last edited:
flapjackboy said:

EDIT: Also, Shippo. Get yourself a HOTAS setup. It makes the controls so much easier and intuitive.
I have dual HOTAS setup. It make it better than HOTAS setup.

flapjackboy said:

Hay Flapjackboy. I sent you a message With the info.

ShippoFox said:
That sounds... maybe... like it's exactly what I need to do. I'll try that the next time I play. Not sure why that's not a default thing, but maybe it is & I didn't notice.... the controls can be confusing.
You know ShippoFox Wait until you have to fly in HOT and fast. Either by Bounty or illegal goods or both. That when docking become Challenging.

If you want I can meet you at your location and you can see how I fly and you can get some idea of how someone docks.

Also, combat sounds scary. It seems like there's a big penalty for death, though maybe it's nothing when you've played for a while and have lots of money. I'm not against there being some penalty when you die, but... I hope it doesn't sting toooooooooo much.
Thing about Elite Dangerous you pick what you want to do. You don't have to be a combat pilot. It knowing when to hold it and when to fold it when you are in combat.

On my second Account He harmless but he has an Anaconda. But never has died. He was a Miner and a trader. Now working on Explorer.

We have a group here talking we can make our own private server. Fetish doesn't have to talk about on it. It could be just a game to us. If we want to talk about Fetish we can use Chat feature on ADISC.

Last edited:
I'm not getting HOTAS for one game. and I'm still having a rough time so far. what is the proper way to drop out of supercruise? I keep doing it the "emergency" way because the controls are a trainwreck. I understand they are fully customizable, which is good, but it's a huge hassle to map them in a useful/good way.

Also, when I use reverse thrust, the ship automatically continues back into forward thrust when I stop pressing the reverse key. :wallbash:

I wanted to use a controller, but there are way too many important things that would need to be mapped, and just not enough controller buttons.

Last edited:
ShippoFox said:
I'm not getting HOTAS for one game. and I'm still having a rough time so far. what is the proper way to drop out of supercruise? I keep doing it the "emergency" way because the controls are a trainwreck. I understand they are fully customizable, which is good, but it's a huge hassle to map them in a useful/good way.
This require Flight Throttle. It more or less your Cruse control. If you look to the left Throttle indicator you see a Blue huge. That the speed you want to exit Supercruise. On long distance, you can use it to cut your time some.

Also, when I use reverse thrust, the ship automatically continues back into forward thrust when I stop pressing the reverse key. :wallbash:
This has to be your Flight throttle set at a set forward speed. You need a Throttle kill switch so it set to 0. The only time I use a set Throttle is when I want to keep it in the Blue sweet spot for turning or supercruise.

I wanted to use a controller, but there are way too many important things that would need to be mapped, and just not enough controller buttons.
What controller do you have? Remember a lot of the stuff does not have to be on the joystick. You can set take your time to set your joystick in your second slot and work out the kinks. Have both keyboard and joystick setup.

You can always meet me in the game and take time to help you.

What do you all think of the new Features talk about in 3.4?

They should have some new info on 3.4 today. Beta release on October 30 31. You have to have beta access. But giving you updates.

Yep. Got myself the Premium Beta package back when they were just about to end their crowdfunding campaign. Played it quite a lot in the beta stages but after Horizons released, I've barely touched it

SailingDane said:
Yep. Got myself the Premium Beta package back when they were just about to end their crowdfunding campaign. Played it quite a lot in the beta stages but after Horizons released, I've barely touched it

I started in Alpha and donated in Kickstarter. I also play Ironman Mode. :laugh:. I run two accounts. One getting ready for the next exploration. My Alt I working on combat. I will buy a third account so I can do stuff and not worry about dying.

What I know so far is. They are adding a new type of exploration and a new type of mining.

Back