How much bed leakage before washing sheets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

normalguy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey guys,

As the title suggests - how much of a small wet patch on the bed would you allow before washing the sheets? Obviously, I have a mattress protector, so that's not a problem, but occasionally, a night time diaper does leak a tiny bit (depending on the brand). I won't wash the sheets if it is just a 10c size patch, but an orange or plate size, and it's straight to the laundry.

Normal washing schedule is once a week anyway.

What about you guys?

If you mess once in the sheets that is enough to wash them if it reaches the mattress clean & sanitize it bacteria aint a thing to mess around with.

I'm with Xpluswearer, the minute you get a wet spot on the sheets, even a small one, that's the minute it goes into the wash for me. You could do some spot washing, use antibacterial soaps and what have you, but that usually doesn't penetrate deep enough to remove stains or smells and yeah, clean-up gets a bit trickier if it leaks through to the mattress, that's one of the reasons why I have a mattress protector on my bed :)

Fortunately, I seldom leak, since moving into my current apartment many years ago, I've yet to leak :)

Occasionally I have a minor leak if it hits one of the sheets I just toss that one in the hamper. If it gets on the bottom sheet and it just a tiny spot I will let it dry out and possibly put another sheet on top of it. If it gets decently wet I will change them.

Poofybutt said:
I'm with Xpluswearer, the minute you get a wet spot on the sheets, even a small one, that's the minute it goes into the wash for me. You could do some spot washing, use antibacterial soaps and what have you, but that usually doesn't penetrate deep enough to remove stains or smells and yeah, clean-up gets a bit trickier if it leaks through to the mattress, that's one of the reasons why I have a mattress protector on my bed :)

Fortunately, I seldom leak, since moving into my current apartment many years ago, I've yet to leak :)
Call me a bit of a clean and neat freak. I do not want to sleep in a mess of bacteria that would not be good. Plus with it now being summer and the heat and humidity just makes urine smell even worse. Thankfully I have yet to have a issue with leaks after I learned the hard way when I was younger learning how to diaper myself and the mess I had to deal with you learn to do it right VERY QUICK! that is for sure. Spending money on new diapers gets expensive very quick. Also doing bedding more than once a week does get expensive also with laundry detergent and electric and gas too. When money comes into play its a quick lesson.

once a week into the wash , unless I flood the bed, small leaks no problem I'll let them dry

Leakage or not, sheets get washed once a week on laundry day. Truth be known, I enjoy sleeping in a bit of a stain and dry pee aroma.

chamberpot said:
once a week into the wash , unless I flood the bed, small leaks no problem I'll let them dry

Sounds about right to me. Dark sheets help hide stains (whether they're the type that will dry or wash out, or not) and so does staying hydrated.

I usually stay hydrated enough that any little wet spots on my sheet in the morning usually dry out and disappear in a few hours.

If I experience a major leak, I'll hustle them down to the washer immediately in the morning so they don't leave a significant stain.

About the same policy as you do. If it's just a tiny leak I'll spot clean with baby wipes. Anything major gets thrown in the wash.

Sheets typically washed every week to every other week.

In the summer, it's not always easy to tell between leaks and sweat. I tend to err on the side of caution and wash if there are any significant signs. Clean sheets feel good, so it's not like it's that bad if I wind up washing more than once a week in occasion.

I put them in the wash 'cause I don't like the smell. :p My older brothers were severe bedwetters and that's what their mattresses and bedroom smelled like when I was a kid. Old stale urine. Mom would clean, but they'd actually just sit in the bed and unleash a full bladder. After a while, there really wasn't any cleaning that would get rid of the funk...except maybe a flamethrower. :laugh: (We moved from one house to a smaller one and they got the only bedroom. When they got mad and went back to live with their dad, -I- got the bedroom and a new bedroom set. XD When they came back to visit they were pretty sore about that.)

And anyway, since I have a lot of cute sheets/blankets, it's an opportunity to have a new pattern! :D

I leaked last night. But with a lot of clear liquid no stain at all. No smell either.

I wash my bedding every week so if the leak is small - I just let it dry and wait for the next wash day. If it is a little larger - I may or may not wait - it depends on when the next wash day is. A large wet spot and into the washer it goes.

What is a small, medium or large spot? Beets me...it's one of those decisions I make that I really can't explain.

For me there is no question, I do not want my room or my house smelling like stale urine at all. Everyone knows that over time you get immune to odors. You can not smell it but other can. Urine is one odor that is VERY distinct. Personally any leak at all, the sheets hit the washer.

I wear great protection and even use a mattress pad, but occasionally, it happens.

Thats just me though.

chamberpot said:

Same here. I'll only pee the bed again

ST50 said:
Same here. I'll only pee the bed again

I handle it exactly the same way. As long as it is a little patch I don’t care much and change weekly. If I leak heavy I change of cause.

Zero. Leaks are very rare because I wear lovely thick night nappies with snug-fitting plastic pants that come right up my tummy and back. I can wet as much as I need all night long without fear of leaks. On the few occasions that something has gone wrong, I have stripped the bed in the morning, there's no need to put up with less than perfect hygiene, especially when I'm not the only person in the bed!

If I have a leak bigger than the wet spot after sex, I'll change the sheets immediately. otherwise, I'll leave it for my weekly sheet change.

I have blankies and they usually go in the wash once a week. I sleep alone so I'm not bother has long as I'm not sleeping in them I just usually switch. 😋

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back