Absorbent Material Moving Excessively

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyAwakened

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Does anyone else notice the absorbent material migrating and clumping excessively in some diapers? I know It's going to happen to a certain extent, and a little bit doesn't bother me at all. But excessive movement to the point where it completely disappears in some places and all clumps at the bottom makes the diapers almost useless for extended wear. I find this happens a lot in Rearz products. On the other hand I find ABU products do really well in this department. Just wondering if there are any people here with a lot of different brand experience that could help me out with this. My question is, which abdl diapers are the best and worst for everything staying put. (Not as interested in medical dips but still wouldn't mind any opinions!). Any opinions/info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

RG

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Depends are especially prone to this. K had it happen when I would sweat a lot from being in a warm climate all the time or when walking around or standing all day long. I did take notice the ABU's had less of that effect especially the preschools. Watch not for fluff or sap but rather quick absorb cores. Usually those don't go as bad. If you don't change them in about 6 hours most diapers if your not sleeping might shift duribg strenuous activity

LilacCrinkle said:
Depends are especially prone to this. K had it happen when I would sweat a lot from being in a warm climate all the time or when walking around or standing all day long. I did take notice the ABU's had less of that effect especially the preschools. Watch not for fluff or sap but rather quick absorb cores. Usually those don't go as bad. If you don't change them in about 6 hours most diapers if your not sleeping might shift duribg strenuous activity
I've worn many ABU SDK'S for 12 hours with no problems, but the Rears Inspire and incontrol (I think thats what they're called!) Were really bad after just a 7 hr sleep. Although, they were pretty full in the am [emoji4].

RG

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

No diaper that I'm aware of has any sort of "framework" in the padding to keep it from clumping and breaking up. I think the only factor at work then is how much sap is in the mix. More sap generally means more clumping, because it makes the padding weigh more. And with nothing to stop it, gravity just does its thing and all the padding winds up all piled up in the crotch eventually.

I think Rearz is more prone to this because they use a lot of sap in most of their diapers. But most of rearz's diapers use thick padding anyway. There are diapers that are thin with high sap - the thicker tykables, ATN, and crinklz come immediately to mind. Tykables seems to mitigate the problem by compressing their padding quite a lot, but that makes the diaper much stiffer when dry, so compression is a tradeoff.

Padding breakup also seems to be a problem with thin low-sap diapers when dry also. I think that's Depend's problem. Tykables Little Builders can clump up with extended wear also, I think for the same reason.

I used to find Depends Protection with Tabs to be pretty resistant to clumping (perhaps because they had so little padding to start?) but I find they're more prone to it after returning to smooth plastic covers. Attends are quite prone to clumping as were Molicares when I tried them. Of the diapers I wear often, I find ABU Plastic Preschools hold up best to activity but of course cloth works best since it can only bunch up rather than clump.

The Always pull-ons I got (for lady-type reasons!) like to start breaking up into clumps, then the clumps bunch in uncomfortable places and finally the inner liner will just erode into nothing and let all of that crap get stuck in awful places. D:

I'm not wearing them for super-stupid amounts of time, either. I put a clean one on before work and it had disintegrated by the time I was at my last break. And literally now all I do is sit at work. (Well, DRIVE, too, but I'm not running around doing calisthenics.)

I call it diaper break down, some of the worst brands I've experienced this with are attends w/ waist band, abena m4's, bambino bellesimos.
If your more active then you'll have more of a chance with this occurring, all diapers will have this to some extent, but those listed on the top were my personal worst.
I have not had any real issues with abu products, tykables, crinklz (although these sometimes leak sap directly on my skin) bambino magnifico's, or rearz safari.

I have this problem only with medical diapees. This happens mostly with Tena classics if I'm at work, depends only do this if its wet, and the attends does this occasionally. I never have problems with ABDL nappies, I've used Crinklz, Rearz Safari, ABU Little Pawz, Super Dry Kids, and Bambino Magnificos and they only sag when wet or messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back