Not open for further replies.

Wuggle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
How do you guys dispose of your wet diapers when you're at home? I was putting them in my bathroom trash, but that made the whole room smell like pee. Do you just toss them straight in the outside trash, or have scented trash bags, or what? Sounds like a stupid question, but my autism makes figuring stuff like that out hard sometimes, it's called executive functioning deficits, like I'm perfectly smart (verbal IQ of 134 in fact) but I've been told repeatedly that I "lack common sense", so if you guys could help me out, I'd appreciate it!

I usually fold and roll mine into a tight "diaper burrito" as it's been described here before, and then just toss it in the kitchen trash can. It's a smaller under-the-sink type, so it doesn't hold very many burritos, and I take out the bag to the can outside when it gets level full.

I don't have odor problems unless I'm not going through very many diapers and they've been in there for 3+ days because the can's not full yet.

I either take them out to the curb trash can immediately or roll them up, put them in a grocery sack, and put them in the regular kitchen trash that gets taken out nearly daily. I find diaper pails or diaper genies to be kind of a gross idea. Even for our babies, we did he same thing, small trash cans that we just take out daily or more often. Never noticed lingering odor.

Also a good idea is too drink plenty of water. I sometimes will grocery bag mine then put it in the regular trash can. If I’ve had a day of bad hydration I will take it outside and toss it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my own bathroom and toss my baby diapers/training pants in my rarely used tub until I bag them up with my other bathroom trash. Then they go in the main can in the kitchen.

Awesome, thanks guys! I think I'll just start grocery bagging them and taking them to the outside trash.

Wuggle said:
Awesome, thanks guys! I think I'll just start grocery bagging them and taking them to the outside trash.

I used to stuff them into gallon ziplocs before tossing them in the trash, but (A) the corners on the ziplocs can tear holes in cheap kitchen trash liners, and (B) it wasn't really helping with odor.

Before my fiancé started to play a role in all this I would take them directly to the trash bin outside. Now she will take them or ask her little man to help her out and get rid of the stinky monster lol

The first couple changes she took part in she did toss them in the trash inside until she noticed the smell and said these need to go out right after.

We have a trash can in the bathroom that I use. I roll them up as snug as I can and put them in. I don't really notice a smell, and if I do I know it's time to A: Drink more fluids and B: Take out the trash. XD

Most people will tell you nappy bags. Just having a extra layer holds the smell in much longer. While you can dispose of wet diapers in normal trash, germs begin to fester and make a very strong smell after a few days. You pee much more than a toddler and diaper pails are used with children :p I suggest putting your wet diapers in a bag then putting in the noraml trash

I also just roll mine into themselves and form a tight ball and reuse the tapes to keep it closed up and right into the kitchen trash with contains must worse smelling stuff then a fresh diaper, small trash can and it goes out every other day or so, no one goes digging though last nights supper left overs and morning coffee grounds ect.

Roll into self and put in grocery bag and tie it shut. Never had any problems.

I pile mine on the floor in the second bathroom in the bedroom. When it begins to smell I put them in plastic shopping bags and toss them. I have to admit, I like having some used diapers rolled up where I can see them. I have been thinking that I really need to get a diaper pail to streamline the disposal process though. I'm gonna take a ride to Walmart later and see what they have.

I bag them separately and keep them in the bathroom trash until it's time to take it out usually not more than a day or two later.

A covered trash can or even kitty litter bucket with a good lid also helps contain odors.

I use thick black 8 gallon trash bags that I have to get from Amazon. Diaper goes inside, I twist the bag and tie a tight knot, and put directly in the outside garbage can. My main concern is animals or wind knocking over the cans overnight on trash day. I don’t want huge wet diapers ending up visible.

We pack in the evening used diaper to a thin black plastic bag (which I order especially for this purpose for 500 pieces) and leave it tied in the bathroom.
In the morning, my wife, when she goes to work, brings hers diaper in this plastic bag to a local neighborhood rubbish dump - it's routine.

I have a separate garbage can set up in the garage with a trash bag in it. We roll up the diaper just like a baby diaper. Then put it in a small plastic bag and put it in the trash can in the garage. On garbage day we tie up the trash bag and set it out.

I roll them into tight diaper burritos, and I keep a heavy duty garbage bag hidden under my bed. (I hide my secret from those I live with) I store them in the bag under my bed until I run out of space. I take the bag and double layer it with another trash bag and put them outside in the trash can. Its a slight different routine if its a messy diaper... but I try not to do it too often. I also have lots of different febreze sprays to help battle any smells.

Wuggle said:
How do you guys dispose of your wet diapers when you're at home? I was putting them in my bathroom trash, but that made the whole room smell like pee. Do you just toss them straight in the outside trash, or have scented trash bags, or what? Sounds like a stupid question, but my autism makes figuring stuff like that out hard sometimes, it's called executive functioning deficits, like I'm perfectly smart (verbal IQ of 134 in fact) but I've been told repeatedly that I "lack common sense", so if you guys could help me out, I'd appreciate it!

Well you have different options, I personally use a diaper trash can but you could also just fold them and put them into plastic bags, close those and throw it away like that.

I also just roll up the diaper and secure it closed with the tapes from one side wing. I then toss it into a large diaper pail which I have to empty every 5 days or so. Really you can cut down on smells by putting your diapers in any trash bin that has a lid on it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back