• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello you beautiful people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello you beautiful people! I admit it, I've been a committed member of the hush-hush, lurk brigade as far as this website goes. Then I thought joining ADISC actually seemed, well, seemly. Actually, it seems incredibly right, a bit like that feeling you get when you get back home after a long and gruelling day. So, for better or worse - hopefully better - here I am.

A bit about me: still coming to terms with the AB/DL side of my life (won't bore anyone with the sordid details). Yes, it's been difficult, blah blah blah, but I'm very much the wrong side of forty and came to the conclusion that it really is beyond time I fought the good fight, got down and dirty with the demons and sorted it all out. I'm surprising myself! (I do on occasion). Inching towards a far happier, healthier attitude of acceptance of who I am in total. Oh yeah, I live in the UK, enjoy literature, coastal hiking, knowingly crap movies, travel and my cat. And cold, sunny days. And anything blue.

I'm super impressed with the levels of debate and interesting points of view expressed around here. Some of these threads have really made me think. So, if you could be arsed to read all the way to the end of my post, you have my undying thanks. You're beautiful.

Hello DeepBlue and welcome to the group.

Very nice introduction.

Egor

Welcome DeepBlue -- I had to say "hi" because I love the way you write... i.e., on my wavelength. :)

Oh, almost forgot to say: "Hi"

Welcome to the world of ADISC, DeepBlue! It's great to have you here. I'm glad you decided to join us here. Getting to a place where you can accept this is a good feeling.

Thanks egor. Like the cat!

- - - Updated - - -

Thankyou Carol and nice of you to say so!

- - - Updated - - -

It's great to be here, OmiOMy. Onwards and upwards!

Welcome!

I too was a long time lurker on the wrong side of 40 also trying to understand this side of me, so you're not the only one!

Funny, it's a small thing, but just creating an account and making my first post was the first step on my road to acceptance; almost like finally admitting this side of me existed.

Thanks indigodl. You're so right. I feel as though I'm bathed in a warm glow of light. The very simple realisation that this part of our lives really doesn't have to be a scary and negative thing is positively uplifting when it strikes. The other realisation I had was that if I didn't have ABDL in my life the world would seem distinctly beige. It made me grin. A lot.

Exactly! I went from feeling like "I must be completely broken and the only person in the world with this" and then opened a door to a whole WORLD of people just like me :) Growing up without the internet to even research this stuff meant that you just came to the conclusion that you must be the only one. Kids growing up today are a lot luckier!

It's been around 6 months since I completely accepted this side of me, and you're right, the world without it now would seem quite dull. In some ways I kind of like the secret side, the fact that I can now see a diaper and know ah, that's an XYZ diaper and nobody knows about this special skill (or that even a world of ABDL diapers exists) makes me chuckle. I'll admit though, it's not the most useful hidden super power to have :)

I'd like to develop a super power that prevents me from ending up with a pack of otherwise decent diapers with sub-standard tapes! Nasty tapes that don't work as they should and come apart just ruin my day. This very problem made me ever so slightly sulky today.

Oh, that sucks. What make of diaper? I guess so far I've been lucky not to have that happen to me (maybe that's another super power I have!)

If that's another super power, then it's one I definitely want. MyDiaper x-plus night. I shall say no more. Just thinking about it makes my bottom lip go all wobbly.

nice to meet you i feel you on the long fight to loving oneself but it is so worth it for the happiness

Thanks LittlePaddedBear. I'm getting there. Posting a short line such as yours might seem a small thing, but to me the sentiment is greatly appreciated.

Hi DeepBlue

Wearing diapers can take some getting used to. The fact you’re on hear, reaching out to other people, shows that you’ve taken some big steps to overcome some of the stigma.

I’ve worn diapers 24/7 my whole adult life due to medical reasons. It’s not easy but it’s much easier than the alternatives. I’m younger than you but I’m also based in the UK.

I’m curious, was your username inspired by Deep Blue Something, the band behind the one-hit wonder Breakfast At Tiffany’s?

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Hello DeepBlue
Interesting introduction
Welcome to the :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back