Nappy leaked in public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko03

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've never had any issues with leaks in public before but it happened this evening. I was wearing a Tena pull up which is my normal choice of nappy and I was in a clothes shop. Anyone who's read any of my other posts will know that I like to target certein places, basically anyway that has a suitable toilet to change in. This will be just a room with a lock on it with just a sit down toilet and a sink and a bin that I can dispose of a nappy in.

I'd decided not to use the toilet all afternoon so when I got home I could go out and stage a wetting in public. I had scouted this clothes shop before so I knew the toilets were ok. I stopped at home after work and changed out of my work clothes and into a nappy. I always wear normal underpants on top of the nappy and then some loose fitting trousers. When I left home I was so desperate that I thought I might wet myself accidentally in the car before I got to the shop which is only a 10 minute drive away (I made it anyway).

When I got into the shop I went upstairs to where the men's clothes were and pretended to look around whilst loitering close to the toilets. I let a little bit out but got shy and stopped and tried to compose myself, after a minute, I tried again, at first it felt great, as I felt the nappy absorb my wee. I kept going for about 45 seconds and it still felt like the nappy was absorbing most of it but then I looked down and saw the front of my trousers were getting soaked and there was a line of wee down line side which luckily didn't quite reach the floor so I wasn't quite stood in a puddle. I stopped immediately and walked as inconspicuously as I could to the toilets, luckily the place was quiet the only people on the top floor were me and a cashier who was stood behind a till. I don't think he saw me.

I went into the toilet and changed, luckily for me I had bought a change of underpants and trousers because mine were soaked. I cleaned up and left as quickly as I could, don't think I'm likely to trust Tena any time soon.

This is why I dont dare wetting in public. To risky :\ how can you ever be sure that it will not leak again ?

Sounds like possibly the hose was too close to the edge. I constantly have to adjust things throughout my day. That’s why I always fold my diaper down the center before I put it on. Gives it a nice pocket to contain things. I still make sure it’s where it’s supposed to be every time I get in and out of my vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agomma said:
This is why I dont dare wetting in public. To risky :\ how can you ever be sure that it will not leak again ?

You can't know for sure but when you become confident in your diapers, you can know that the risk is very small. I guess the conservative fun approach would be not to wet in any circumstance where you couldn't easily deal with it. I would say that's my style, although what I consider easy to deal with might not be the same as you.

This is why I don't like pull ups when outside. Sometimes they absorb fine, other times they leak. Too inconsistent.

I've leaked a few time in public. It is embarrassing. I think my problem is that I was too close to the edge or just a little too full.

I wear my NorthShore or Abena diapers under a pair of PUL pants to prevent the diaper from leaking. I haven't always succeeded, but usually they don't leak.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Something specific went wrong. Figure out what it was, fix it and carry on. Don't let a single mishap spoil your confidence. It does sound like you set up a high risk situation though, by releasing a flood for kicks. I never do this out and about, I go every 20 minutes or so throughout the day which allows the nappy to do its job. In the years I've been wearing full-time I've wet maybe 6000 nappies, and never once had wee run down my leg. A few minor leaks that no-one would have noticed, yes, but nothing as drastic as you experienced. I usually wear Tena Slips or Betterdry but have tried dozens of alternatives without serious malfunction.

If you specifically want to be able to flood, you will need a top performing nappy like the Ultima, Betterdry or premium AB brand, and test your fit and position thoroughly. I regularly let my bladder fill to capacity to give it some exercise but usually at home, and then either go in the potty or in a Betterdry. No issues so far.

Tena pants andere also most of all pants are not designed do hold a flood of pee. They can hold a lot if you loose small amounts of pee.
This type of diaper was designed a medical device for the most common types of incontinence. They usually don't loose the amount of a allmost bursting bladder in a hand full seconds.

Aside from not trusting Tena or pull-ons I don’t think any nappies are designed for flooding and even more importantly please be careful with your kidney and bladder health, too much holding on to the point of bursting isn’t good for you.

Don’t misunderstand of course you should do the things you want to do (especially if they don’t harm anyone else) but next time could you hydrate well and do as a lot of IC people do as in fits and spurts giving your nappy a chance to lock it away?

The Tena pants aren't what I'd call a 'traditional nappy'. As said before, they're meant for medical usage.

I leaked at work the other night. In a dry Crinklz, too. I'm thinking it had shifted and when I had to go, it partly ran down the -outside- edge of the leg barrier. It went all down my leg, too. Luckily the way I was standing it missed going into my boot! It only made a spot the size of a dime on the floor tile so easy to clean up. The trouble was I was stuck with wet pants the rest of the night. :p (They were black, so pretty unnoticeable, but still uncomfortable.)

Yeah, Tena pull-ons aren't meant to hold a giant flood. A sneeze-leak or cough-leak, yes, but no full on letting it fly. So I don't think it's anything in particular wrong with the padding itself, just erroneous usage! XD If you want to/need to flood, you'll need a diaper tough enough to take that kind of treatment.

It's like how some women try to use a period pad for urine leakage. It doesn't work very well because it's not what it was meant to do. (Absorbs at a slow pace vs. absorbs at a rapid pace)

It's weird because they're the Tena pants supers so they claim to be really absorbant, I've used them in public before and flooded them with no issues.

To do this on purpose is flat out wrong! Exhibitionism like that again makes true incontinent folks have or get a bad name. Folks please come on have some decorum while out in public for crying out loud! This has gotten way out of hand whats next huh? This bullkrap has got to stop! I better stop or I may say something that may get me in trouble with the admin but What is going on with society now??? I think its broken down period end of sentence full stop!

You have to know what kind of capacity the diaper you are wearing has and how long it is gonna last, Tena Diapers may be alright when out and about if you are careful and change more often; but they don't compare to premium Medical Style Diapers or especially ABDL Diapers.

I went out on a Friday before for a few hours, but I wore a Tykables Overnight that I stuffed with a Goodnites Tru-Fit and I knew that it could handle 2 or 3 hours of moderate wetting easily before I had to worry about leaks.

xpluswearer said:
To do this on purpose is flat out wrong! Exhibitionism like that again makes true incontinent folks have or get a bad name. Folks please come on have some decorum while out in public for crying out loud! This has gotten way out of hand whats next huh? This bullkrap has got to stop! I better stop or I may say something that may get me in trouble with the admin but What is going on with society now??? I think its broken down period end of sentence full stop!

Fully agree with this, As an incontinent person I have to risk humiliation on a constant basis. I've suffered several leaks and it's horrible. Can't believe you'd want to do it in public, If you've got to do it please just stick to doing it at home.

I just reread the post, I didn't realise you staged a public wetting, like the others have said, that's not something you should do purposely to get a kick out of it. Also holding your urine isn't good, it can cause infections.

CookieMonstah said:
I just reread the post, I didn't realise you staged a public wetting, like the others have said, that's not something you should do purposely to get a kick out of it. Also holding your urine isn't good, it can cause infections.
I am also guilty as charged to the offense of RTFTU Code 1 which is Reading Too Fast to Understand. It took me 2 times myself to say OH HECK NO! I Had to level my opinion on it.

Pullups are not designed for full on floods especially for guys, you need to consider a full taped premium diaper like Betterdry or Dry 24/7 I wear Betterdry diapers as my diaper of choice to deal with my incontinence. I can trust my diaper to do its job but I am prepared for the occasional leak. Unfortunately its not if but when you will have another leak as its all part of being incontinent, but a proper diaper that is absorbant does help reduce the number of leaks to almost none. I think I have only had one leak in the last 8 months out in public since switching to Betterdry taped diapers and that was my fault as my diaper was more saturated then I thought.

As long as you are prepared (have a back pack full of supplies and a change of clothes) dealing with leaks while embarrassing is no big deal if you wear the right colour pants leaks are not as noticeable unless you end up standing in a puddle when your pullup fails. Do your self a favour and switch to a taped diaper you will feel more confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back