First bowel accident at work. Don’t know if I can deal with this too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebabyboy12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
So today at work I had an accident while standing talking to one of my employees. It was actuall BM in my diaper just happened like hey no big deal. I didn’t stop it because once it started there isn’t really any gong back. I was embarrassed at first then it hit me. They didn’t even notice it was happening. I’ve had this happen at home but never out in public. Already being in diapers for urinating uncontrollably I kinda thought this might be the end outcome but I’m not thrilled. Peeing is one thing. Easy clean up and no smell. Poop is another whole thing. I had to go home to clean up. Plus I’m not very good at cleaning myself up when I do have BMs. I prefer to lay down and change but can’t do that in a public bathroom. Kinda wish they made adult size changing tables for those of us who need them.

It has always surprised me by how little others notice what seems completely obvious to us. At the most your employee probably though you passed some gas, which isn't something to act all embarrased about.

You did the right thing by excusing yourself out of there as soon as was convenient, and going to get cleaned up and changed. If this starts happening more frequently then you may want to consider taking nullo, as well as practice changing a messy diaper with wipes while standing. Sooner or later you will be stuck changing at your work, so start preparring and practicing for it now.

Babyboypirate said:
Hey Ehorton,

I'm sorry that this progression (of bowel IC) presented itself to you like this. It sucks when it first happens out at someplace where you really don't want it to, but I think it gets more routine (and less embarrassing) if nothing else (at least for me it has). Keep in mind that, as with wetting, no one can really notice if you don't want them to (as long as you change before the smell starts to escape).

I know it sucks but we really should be ready to change in a public bathroom if we really have to. I also wish we had easy access to adult size changing tables in public restrooms. Do you have wipes and a change with you at work? also a lot of places will have a closed off family restroom but idk if that applies for you. Bathrooms are always bombarded with gross smells so once you are there you really shouldn't worry about the smell other than what might cling to you. When changing after a BM also keep in mind that clean up doesn't have to be 100% perfect. as long as you get enough that you won't get a rash and any lingering smell can't really escape your diaper you are probably fine (don't really need to worry about skid marks in a diaper at least). I'm not very happy when I have to change in a public restroom, especially after a BM accident, but as long as I have my diaper backpack/bag with me its not too big of a deal, tbh.

I hope it gets more manageable for you. :)

Thanks for the comments. Typically I do carry spare diapers with me and even at work. What I don’t carry is wipes as urine doesn’t necessarily need wipes to clean up. If this does continue I see no other choice but to put together a true diaper bag. How do you dispose of a dirty diaper in a public restroom was it doesn’t smell up the whole place?

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
It has always surprised me by how little others notice what seems completely obvious to us. At the most your employee probably though you passed some gas, which isn't something to act all embarrased about.

You did the right thing by excusing yourself out of there as soon as was convenient, and going to get cleaned up and changed. If this starts happening more frequently then you may want to consider taking nullo, as well as practice changing a messy diaper with wipes while standing. Sooner or later you will be stuck changing at your work, so start preparring and practicing for it now.

It really surprises me too. I guess when you just pee and or poop without thinking about it there are not any facial expressions at least not for me. I can’t tell when it’s going to happen so it’s not like hey surprise. Nature just takes it course. My biggest fear in changing standing up is it getting all over my pants because something falls when I’m changing. The BMs I’ve been having have been pretty soft so I get a lot sticking to me. Sorry TMI. I’ve gotten use to wet diapers now this. A whole different experience.

Take your shoes socks and pants off when you have to clean up from a messy bowl movment, I made a mistake by not taking off my onesie when I was cleaning up I had rolled up the bottom but when I bent over it came loose and the back part hit my bum. Fortunately I had a spare onesie and pants just incase.

To contain odors place your used diapers in a small plastic bag. Seal the bag by twisting the bag and tie it in a knot. The grocery bags are ok if you use two or more. You can then dispose of a bag instead of a diaper!

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
Ehorton said:
Thanks for the comments. Typically I do carry spare diapers with me and even at work. What I don’t carry is wipes as urine doesn’t necessarily need wipes to clean up. If this does continue I see no other choice but to put together a true diaper bag. How do you dispose of a dirty diaper in a public restroom was it doesn’t smell up the whole place?

- - - Updated - - -

It really surprises me too. I guess when you just pee and or poop without thinking about it there are not any facial expressions at least not for me. I can’t tell when it’s going to happen so it’s not like hey surprise. Nature just takes it course. My biggest fear in changing standing up is it getting all over my pants because something falls when I’m changing. The BMs I’ve been having have been pretty soft so I get a lot sticking to me. Sorry TMI. I’ve gotten use to wet diapers now this. A whole different experience.

Not tmi at all. And the best way around this is after you untape the used diaper, lay it open over your pants. If something falls as you get cleaned up, the open diaper will catch it. And as you get cleaned up you can also place the used wipes on top of the old diaper too. Once you're done, roll it all up and toss it in the trash. (though if you know the trash won't be taken out very soon, you may want to put the messy diaper in a small bag and tie it shut first. This way bad smells will stay trapped longer.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back