Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey guys I have a question, I just bought adult diapers from north shore care to manage my incontience, and while I am still trying to learn to diaper myself. I am wondering when I put the bottom wings of the diaper between my legs and pull up towards my stomach and begin to tape the diaper is it normal that the wings of the diaper that goes down towards my hips stick out after being taped, and the part that is on my stomach at the top of the diaper is it normal that part goes down a little bit after being taped? Pleiades let me know if this makes sense. Sorry for bad spelling. I look forward to hearing from you thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Incontinencehelp
Depending on how you put on your nappy will depend on the space availabe to you. If you are just starting out with disposable nappies, then I suggest you try the following method.

Open out the nappy fully and then fold it in half lengthways this help form a pocket where you will need it. Once you have done that lay it out on a bed or on the floor. Lay on it with the tapes at the rear. Pull the rear wings around you so you can make sure they are around your waist level. Let them fall back. Bring up the front part of the nappy between your legs, the wings dhould tuck around your waist with any spare being tucked as far round you as possible. Now bring up the rear of the nappy, spread the wings over your front and then tape the BOTTOM tapes first, this should provide a snug fit. finally use the top tapes to tighten the waist in until it feels comfortable.

If all that seems complicated have a look at:- https://incontinencehelp.co.uk/index.php/how-to-put

Last edited:
Trying to understand your problems. The diaper should be snug around your waist and legs, so if it is loose you need to snug it up before taping it down. If you mean that when it is taped snugly, there is still some plastic backing sticking out, then that is normal (at least it happens to me all the time). Ideally, I've been told, you want to fold those up and push them inside to help prevent leaks. As far as movement, yes, the diaper can move significantly as it adjusts to your body mechanics. Much of getting a good fit is trial and error. Over time, you will get a feel for the "right" way to position the diaper for you. Also, make sure you are wearing the proper size for you. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Thanks for the help guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, after tapped on sometimes the loose part of the wings may stick out a little. That just a slight mis-alignment but usually won't affect the function too much. As mentioned, just fold that part in and tuck it back under the side of the diaper.

You can minimize that mis-alignment by making sure the top front of the diaper is even with the top back. Also play around with the exact placement of the tapes until you feel you have the best fit you're going to get.

Once you've got it on just right, try to memorize where the tapes ended up at. Use landmarks such as the padding or elastics below the shell, how close to the edge are the tapes, and any other features such as prints/etc. This way, the next time you go to diaper up, just put the tapes in that same spot. You'll have a quick and good fit every time.

lower taps first then midel or top taps last. snug but not to tight

• Sad
Thanks for your help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back