Possible.New Brand!! CHECK IT OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t show the prototype but wants money?

What is with these people having these ideas and going crazy with the design? Like WTF is that print? A castle, a star, a swirl, is that a kangaroo? Come on people!!!! Let’s calm down a bit with these designs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once hrlped with a kickstarter for a pc game. Bad mistake, but I learned my lesson, well several lessons.

Sure sounds good. Hope they make it.

squishypants said:
What is with these people having these ideas and going crazy with the design? Like WTF is that print? A castle, a star, a swirl, is that a kangaroo? Come on people!!!! Let’s calm down a bit with these designs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:laugh:

It's like the following happened:

Buyer: "We want images on the diaper."
Diaper company: "Well, we have several nice pre-made clip arts...you could put a few of those on it to spice it up."
Buyer: "What have you got?"
Diaper company: "We've got suns, and swirls and ducks and a rather happy castle-"
Buyer: "I want it all."
Diaper company: "A...all of it?"
Buyer: *leans closer* "ALL YOUR CLIPARTS ARE BELONG TO ME."

As I said in the other thread, not really digging it (or the dark printing on the tabs for the plain white that's going to show right through any light colored material you're wearing.) Although it does bring back memories of playing with MS Paint as a child. :laugh:

Proposed price of about $3.50 per diaper? That's a little crazy, even if they could absorb a ton haha

12srepaid said:
I once hrlped with a kickstarter for a pc game. Bad mistake, but I learned my lesson, well several lessons.

I did that with Minecraft a long time ago. Now the game is huge.

Just why? If would never submit such a terrible design.

Judging the picture attached, I think it’s a section of a whole print, so in the one diaper there are 4 possible patterns. Not really worth an investment imo, there is nothing special with these. It’s just the same old standard diaper that has different art work.
I’d be more incline to invest if someone was posting drawings in a true scale of a new type of diaper, perhaps a different cut, different taping method, something that has not been seen on the market yet.

NeverKnow said:
Well, they won’t see the light of day if they need to crowdsource $145,000 in a month.

They aren't crowdsourcing to only AB/DLs, or even primarily to us. The man doing the kickstarter is a business owner who runs what looks like a decent, well stocked shop. He is incontinent himself, and is looking to make a new product based on what he thinks would work best for him and based on what his customers have asked for. He's aware of AB/DLs, and that we are a noticeable portion of the market. So rather than try to break into the AB/DL niche marketplace, he's offering something that might fit into his primary and our secondary market.

Is his goal lofty, even more so for only one month of funding? Likely yes, it is. But it's not impossible either. If he was trying to get it from ONLY us, well of coarse unless some rich famous unknown lurker decided to back him for $100k or more. But it isn't out of the realm of possibility that a few hundred AB/DLs back him, and as we make up approximately 10% of the diaper market two or three thousand incontinent people do as well.

Don't like his design, approach, or anything else about it? That's the beauty of crown funding. You don't have to pledge a dime. You do want to support, great, go for it. If he doesn't the goal, you lost nothing. If he does, you get to help make a new product and support a small business owner.

Last edited:
If you're looking at the cost per diaper based on what you get for backing, that's likely not going to be how much he charges if and when they're on the market. I think it's safe to assume he knows how much diapers cost per unit, and wouldn't put out a product that prices himself out of the market.

I'm sorry but if that printed diaper in the video is the finished product that's absolutely terrible in my opinion.

I've heard of busy prints but dang that's a whole new level.

And the "phase 2 revolutionary diaper" it's basically a Diaper with a maxi pad inside :'D

This is a SCAM.

First of all, black flag thrown on that video. Looks like it was made in 2 minutes on iMovie. His profile picture he is in a lab coat standing in front of a white sheet. Not only is this fake professionalism but it is another flag thrown as his profile talks about all these statistics and uses very odd language that is very unlike the ABDL community (containment? Garment? Emerging technologies? It's a diaper for crying out loud! No website no nothing. ...he claims he had his "bladder destroyed" also as his first words and guilt tripping right off the bat.

The description of the Kickstarter ONLY MENTIONS 30 million incontinent who needs to use daily and NOTHING about the company or product. This is lazy statistical information.

They got 24 people backing them up and it says clearly it will only be funded if it meets the date. So....where does the money go? Gee, I don't think people will get there money back that's for sure...

Sorry to be all rude, but that is taking advantage of the community.

And I hate people who do that

- - - Updated - - -

And as another user mentioned. That's premade clip art bull. Two thumbs down for piddlepants trying to make a buck. There are proper users on here who are making designs and being honest who created the bumbooza brand and actually put work into it bit this other guy is pretty lazy in his work.

LilacCrinkle said:
They got 24 people backing them up and it says clearly it will only be funded if it meets the date. So....where does the money go? Gee, I don't think people will get there money back that's for sure...

Kickstarter uses a pledge system. The backers don’t actually pay the money unless the project reaches its pledge goal by the specified date.

LilacCrinkle said:
This is a SCAM.
First of all, black flag thrown on that video. Looks like it was made in 2 minutes on iMovie. His profile picture he is in a lab coat standing in front of a white sheet. Not only is this fake professionalism but it is another flag thrown as his profile talks about all these statistics and uses very odd language that is very unlike the ABDL community (containment? Garment? Emerging technologies? It's a diaper for crying out loud! No website no nothing. ...he claims he had his "bladder destroyed" also as his first words and guilt tripping right off the bat.

The description of the Kickstarter ONLY MENTIONS 30 million incontinent who needs to use daily and NOTHING about the company or product. This is lazy statistical information.

Sorry to be all rude, but that is taking advantage of the community.

And I hate people who do that

- - - Updated - - -

And as another user mentioned. That's premade clip art bull. Two thumbs down for piddlepants trying to make a buck. There are proper users on here who are making designs and being honest who created the bumbooza brand and actually put work into it bit this other guy is pretty lazy in his work.

uknown said:
Don’t ascribe to malice what can be plainly explained by incompetence.

He represents a brick and mortar store in West Virginia that has at least one thread on another unaffiliated site with ABDLs having visited and had a good experience. He does not describe himself as an ABDL but a well-wishing entrepreneur who has recognized the market potential. He's got an uncommonly ugly prototype and an unlikely timeline for fund-raising but I don't think that makes him malicious as much as unrealistic and lacking in good taste. As AAO mentioned, no one is going to lose their money if it doesn't happen. Kickstarter has it covered.

mayhem said:
I did that with Minecraft a long time ago. Now the game is huge.

Shame it wasn't shares in the company. You'd be rich!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back