Not open for further replies.

Wuggle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I’m curious, what do those of you who are incontinent bring with you when you go out? I’m still adjusting and learning the ins and outs of my bowel incontinence, so I’d be interested to see what others in my situation keep with them.

In my Supply Bag:

• Clean Diaper
  • Clean Insert
  • Baby Wipes
  • Plastic Bag (to hold the one I've changed out of)
  • Baby powder (cornstarch based)
  • Fragrance spritz (this is a bit of a vanity thing)

Note: I wear cloth pocket diapers so my list is a little different than most.

I keep the plastic bags so I can carry the wet diaper my bag.

The fragrance spritz is just for the front panel to give things a pleasant scent.

I usually have no less than three new diapers, two or three absorbent sheets (well, not really sheets, they are about the size of a chair seat), wipes and barrier cream. That's the essentials I almost never leave the house without.

In my supply bag i have

3 diapers (pre prepped with extra padding )

Thin rubber gloves

Garbage bags for used diapers

wiping towel

Extra roles of toilet paper

Moisture cream & powder

In my purse for emergencies when i dont have the diaper bag with me

one fully prep diaper

Thin rubber gloves

Garbage bags for used diapers

wiping towel

1 role of toilet paper

Moisture cream & powder

4 Betterdry diapers (in individual ziplock bags)
wipes
gloves
plastic bags (for diaper disposal)
spare pants
spare onesie (or long shirt)
pair of socks

Here is one essential item no one has mentioned - a plastic over-the-door hanger. You hang it on the partition in a public bathroom and use it to hold your bag or backpack to keep it off the dirty floor and easy to reach.

--John

I have heavy bowel incontinence and bladder issues so I take 3 spare nappies some wet wipes a spare skirt or pants some perfume and some plastic bags for disposal of ones I’ve soiled.

I usually have the 3 spare diapers and booster pads in my bag and a bag of wipes. I have a couple more diapers and spare pants in my truck

Three diapers.
One or two underpads (used as changing pads if necessary).
Wipes
Tall kitchen bags for disposal.

The bag I leave in my locker at work has 6 diapers, 6 boosters, wipes, onesie, pul pants, socks, blue jeans, a large wet bag (big enough for me to put a pair of jeans into as well as wet diapers if I need to take stuff home), and a few small wet bags (my backpack gets checked when I leave work, the small wet bags allow me to put a wet diaper in and throw it out at home, without anyone knowing there's a diaper inside. Trash in the women's restroom at work isn't large enough for a diaper). If I had a vehicle it would be in my trunk instead of in my work locker, and I'd toss an extra pair of black sneakers in there as well.

My backpack that I bring with me everywhere just has 2 diapers and a travel thing of wipes in the dry side of a small wet/dry bag.

I'm urinary incontiment only, so I don't even have a bag. I just keep a spare Crinklz in my car. If I need a change I just take it, in hand, to the restroom and change. I found out a long time ago you can skip all the powder/wipes/etc for when just out and about too, so I don't bother with those either. As for disposal, you don't "need" an extra disposal bag. Just roll the used diaper up and put it in the trash.

That’s super helpful, thanks guys! I like the idea of the fragrance spray, that will be very important for someone in my position. Jdinvirginia, the plastic door hanger is a brilliant idea. I’ve heard of super stron little magnetic ones, I think I’ll look into that. I hadn’t considered needing plastic bags for packing a dirty diaper out with me. I forget how unpredictably supplied public bathrooms can be. Incontinence really changes your perspective on things as simple as going out.

When I am out of the house I usually wear an Abri-form (Abena) L4, over that I wear waterproof pants with the nappy tucked inside the pants. I also usually wear a plain coloured onesie to help stop sagging.

In a black holdall I carry 2 spare nappies, 2 spare waterproof pants, Sealable (ziplock) bags in case I have to carry a used nappy away with me. Barrier Cream ( I use bepanthen but you can use your preferred type or even simple petroleum jelly or vaseline)b. I also carry a pack of wet wipes, foam soap and a flannel in case i need a very good clean up. I also tend to carry a spare pair of underpants and a spare pair of jogging bottoms in case of noticable leaks along with nappy sacks and a black bin bag for any wet laundry. I don't usually carry talc as it doesn't mix with the barrier cream. If I am going to be out for a long time or expect to have to do a lot of walking I also carry a spare roll of toilet paper.

I always carry with me a backpack where I put
-clean diapers
-gloves
-wipes
-creams
-an air freshener
-some plastic bags for the used diapers
-an emergency skirt
-an underpad
-a hand sanitizer

Wuggle said:
the plastic door hanger is a brilliant idea. I’ve heard of super stron little magnetic ones, I think I’ll look into that..

There may not be enough metal in the door to hang something of decent weight (like a bag of supplies) on.

extra pants,ziplock, 1gl bagies gloves,1, box hugies whips,and adult diapers.trash bags.

What I carry varies based on where I'm going and how long I'll be gone. I re-pack the bag quite often, just to check on things and makes sure nothing weird is lurking at the bottom of the bag. (Like what? I dunno. A rubber worm? A stretchy caterpillar? I never know!)

A quick trip to the store, it's usually one clean diaper, my wipes, barrier cream and whatever sensory stuff I feel like taking.

For a day out, I'll pack in two or three clean diapers, my wipes, barrier cream, and a pair of shorts/pants/socks. (I can, as gross as it is, deal with a yucky shoe long enough to get to the car. But then it's coming off and the clean socks are going on. Blegh! PEE SHOES!) I've never had to change my pants, but there's always a first time for everything!

I made the mistake of not taking the bag when we went to the store. I ended up having to buy wipes and pull-on diapers because I had an incident and there I was. After that, I've always made certain to take my stuff. Why settle for something that isn't going to work very well when I have 'the good stuff' at home?

(I call my issues with peeing myself 'incidents' instead of 'accidents'. XD It's an incidence of pee in the pants. Inside my crazy brain an accident implies that some sort of outside force did it, like a giant smooshing my bladder until it pees. :laugh:)

I don't carry ziplock bags or wet bags because I generally have a bathroom available and the trash cans are big enough. If not, I suppose I'll just shove it back into the bag until I find somewhere to toss it out. :p (Although I may carry a wet bag for "just in case" pants changes...that would be a good place to put the wet things and not make my bag smell. :p)

ALSO: I have a vast array of bags. I have smaller 'over the shoulder' satchels for short trips and big backpacks for longer days out.

I keep a medium sized gear bag in my backpack. Inside are the following:

Pack of refillable Huggies wipes
2 or 3 Premium Diapers (currently Northshore Supreme)
A tube of Desitin Ointment

Used diapers either go in the garbage directly when I'm out and about or I pack them back in the gear bag, take them home and dispose of them there. The gear bag is the key as it fits nicely in my backpack, doesn't reveal what's inside and I can often just grab it separately and head to the bathroom at work with it. You can also hang the bag on a door knob or hook in a bathroom stall while changing. I have several and throw them in the washer about once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back