Cloth vs Disposable Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayden123

Monkey the Diaper Boy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Simple. Which type of diaper do you enjoy wearing more and why?

For me, disposables are easy to put on, they swell up and are simply more fun to wear when wet.

I grew up with cloth and mostly wear cloth, but I have both Abena M4s and Crinkles. The disposables are more practical but cloth is more economic. Mostly, it depends on the mood I'm in.

Disposables are what I think of when I think of diapers. I do enjoy cloth on occasion but it's a slightly different diaper urge.

Cloth are nice if it's really hot, or really cold. Otherwise, they're just a hassle

I like both but I must admit that I generally use disposables because it is just so easy to clean-up. Fold the diaper and throw away!

dogboy said:
I grew up with cloth and mostly wear cloth, but I have both Abena M4s and Crinkles. The disposables are more practical but cloth is more economic. Mostly, it depends on the mood I'm in.
I think that depends on your location. Like in some areas CA if you live in the wrong areas. Economic would be Disposable vs Cloth. Here why. Some area pay by the amount of water you use. Other areas you are forced to pay for Water so can shower and bathroom use only. Because of water pollutions in the water and then you are forced buying bottled water. So water Bill + Bottle water

At work I use disposables.
Given my own PREFERENCE... At home or out shopping... Cloth. And either way, plastic panties 100%ALWAYS.

I prefer cloth. I feel trapped when I wear tape on disposables, plus I hate the noise.

I prefer disposables vs cloth. I love the crinkling sound of a disposable diaper, plus they are easier to change away from home. Plus I love the babyish prints on the disposable that are out there.

For me it depends on the usage. Usually I use disposable because clean up is fast an easy. Using cloth diapers let me feel the bulkiness of the diaper. And with cloth diapers I feel the wetness much more than disposable. Usually I don't use cloth for number two. The clean up is too messy and time consuming.
Because I don't wear very often, the price does not matter for me.

I have both, but I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants almost all the time, unless I go out somewhere or if I am away from home for more than a day.

do not like washing cloth diapers.

Jayden123 said:
Simple. Which type of diaper do you enjoy wearing more and why?

For me, disposables are easy to put on, they swell up and are simply more fun to wear when wet.
Disposable. I only wore cloth once and that was having a yeast infection when I was little and went through disposables like nuts (like most of one pack a day). Cloth feels too much like underwear to me.

Besides I rather take what smells like a sewer to the trash and forget about it than to the wash. Plus I think cloth is more prone to leaking than most disposables.

I love both cloth and disposable, I never worn cloth as a little one, I just so happened to give them a try. I actually like them. I love how cloth diapers don't give way to your walking and they won't bunch up. They absorb faster than disposables. They're more customizable, you can make them as thick as you want.

I don't know how you say they feel like underwear, they don't, at least mine don't.

As for crinkles, get some crinkly plastic pants to go over them, problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have severe urge urinary incontinence and have worn a diaper 24/7 for about 30 years. Before the advent of reliable disposable diapers, I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants. Because it was hard to find plastic pants that reliably prevented leaks when worn over the diapers that I needed, I learned to make my own plastic pants out of a plastic shower curtain. Eventually I also started making my own flannel diapers. I was very glad for the arrival of reliable disposable diapers. Disposable diapers are very much easier to manage than cloth.

I'm a clothie, specifically because I grew up with disposables. I can't stand crinkle! Threaten someone with something long enough, and they'll do the exact opposite, just to raise a behavioral middle finger.
RandumFoxx said:
Plus I think cloth is more prone to leaking than most disposables.
What systems have you tried? If you're having leaks in cloth, it could be a few things. Cloth isn't meant to fit like a sposie. Crack, not back. They sit in your undieroo line. Get the right system, and, unless you're trying, you won't leak.

I prefer cloth and plastic pants.

Getting them on tight so they do not slip is an issue, but with the bungy cord system that was brought up here stopped a lot of that problem.

The reason I am posting this now, is that I have tried three different disposable adult baby diapers. I have my third type on now.

The first time I tried a disposable was on the way home from the hospital and I got such an allergic reaction I hesitated to try them.

Then when Someone brought up "Changing Time Diaper Company" here, so I bought sample packs from them.

Because of my size (Fat **s) it is hard to get them on tight by myself and my wife does not get them on any tighter so they slid off.

Now to this one "super dry kids" I used it and the absorbance is not that fast and the side feels wet. I do not have that issue with my cloth diapers. I have to use them more then twice to get to where it fells this wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back