Thread: Virus Scare

Default Virus Scare

Ok so I was working on my GED and blackboard.com and avast popped up and said a trojen had been detected. But when I tried to delete it, it said access denied. So i tried deleteing it, it worked or so I though.

Next, death metal started playing and it would not stop. I just unpluged my pc, and my router. When I turned on my router (comtrend wireless ADSL2+Router) the internet like lit up red and stayed that way for about 60sec the started blinking red, then green like it should.

Mako

The router is not related to the PC issue you described, it may be a separate issue but its not something you can really help.

As for the virus, avast is good at keeping bad things out. But not always the best at removal. Malwarebytes.org is a fantastic malware removal tool that saved my computer from needing to be reformatted.

My DSL router does the same thing at times, however it's not a trojan.

So I found out what is going on. One of my old friends who I don't get a long with at ll now, is hacking my network (she is real good at this). I got the Trojan off my computer but there is no telling what all has been done. She was remotely viewing my moms laptop.

I talked to my isp and they are now monitoring all incoming traffic on my network.

I was told to get a firewall, i dont know much about them. But here is one I found

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-FVS318...368062&sr=1-30

Just stay offline until the situation blows over, or... if you have evidence it's her fill a lawsuit.

That the thing I cant just stay off line I have my computer shop to run. I am working on tracing it back to her