How not to be paranoid at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandumFoxx

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Lately, I somehow got the courage to start wearing to work. However, my job tends to be very physical, so I work up quite a sweat. So the paranoid issue isn’t just because my diaper may become a bit lumpy from absorption of the sweat (to the natural eye, it might look like I sharted myself) , but what I’m more worried about is both customers and co-workers able to see the diaper when I bend over. Granted I wear boxers over the diaper, but still.

I rather be able to work without constantly getting paranoid.

Get a onesie!! It’s the best decision I ever made!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there are two ways of dealing with that — either wear long hoodies/shirts/t-shirts, or get a plain-colored onesie. I'd I'd recommend the first way. Although a bit less secure, it won't get hot. Others, on the other hand, believe onesie to be a better solution...

Edit: the previous comment seems to be just the "others" I spoke about...

RandumFoxx said:
Lately, I somehow got the courage to start wearing to work. However, my job tends to be very physical, so I work up quite a sweat. So the paranoid issue isnÂ’t just because my diaper may become a bit lumpy from absorption of the sweat (to the natural eye, it might look like I sharted myself) , but what IÂ’m more worried about is both customers and co-workers able to see the diaper when I bend over. Granted I wear boxers over the diaper, but still.

I rather be able to work without constantly getting paranoid.

yeah unfortunately disposable diapers aren't mean to be worn very long and are made to be low-cost, so they're not verry duable. Physical activity, and especially sweating, really breaks them down fast. This last week's been pretty hot here, and we had a week or two of really hot weather last month also. Diapers aren't nearly as enjoyable during those times because of how much the movement and sweat breaks them down.

This has been discussed quite a bit in the past, often around mid-summer as you might expect, and there haven't been many options suggested. If you think you might enjoy trying cloth, that's probably the best suggestion, even if you only go with that during the worst of times. So-called "breathable clothlike" materials don't seem to be very breathable in reality, I think we've decided that's just a marketing ploy to use cheaper materials. I don't find clothlike to be noticeably better at preventing sweating and diaper degredation during the day. Adding more powder on my hips under my diaper wings helps there, but front/back/middle don't seem to have a good solution for me. I just have to accept my diaper's going to clump and the padding is goign to break up and shift around and probably start collecting down in the crotch a bit.

Some diapers hold up better than others for sure. You'll need to start with something thin to begin with; thicker diapers are just going to make you sweat more and cause bigger problems if the padding starts to migrate downward. Although higher-sap diapers tend to be thinner for their capacity, the sap seems to accelerate clumping and reduce airflow for me, so I'd suggest you stick with a thinner, medium to low sap diaper. There are quite a few to choose from, my personal preferene right now is Tykables Little Builders. For daytime I've also worn Totaldry Plus and ABU Preschool (those come in both plastic and clothlike)

bambinod said:
yeah unfortunately disposable diapers aren't mean to be worn very long and are made to be low-cost, so they're not verry duable. Physical activity, and especially sweating, really breaks them down fast. This last week's been pretty hot here, and we had a week or two of really hot weather last month also. Diapers aren't nearly as enjoyable during those times because of how much the movement and sweat breaks them down.

This has been discussed quite a bit in the past, often around mid-summer as you might expect, and there haven't been many options suggested. If you think you might enjoy trying cloth, that's probably the best suggestion, even if you only go with that during the worst of times. So-called "breathable clothlike" materials don't seem to be very breathable in reality, I think we've decided that's just a marketing ploy to use cheaper materials. I don't find clothlike to be noticeably better at preventing sweating and diaper degredation during the day. Adding more powder on my hips under my diaper wings helps there, but front/back/middle don't seem to have a good solution for me. I just have to accept my diaper's going to clump and the padding is goign to break up and shift around and probably start collecting down in the crotch a bit.

Some diapers hold up better than others for sure. You'll need to start with something thin to begin with; thicker diapers are just going to make you sweat more and cause bigger problems if the padding starts to migrate downward. Although higher-sap diapers tend to be thinner for their capacity, the sap seems to accelerate clumping and reduce airflow for me, so I'd suggest you stick with a thinner, medium to low sap diaper. There are quite a few to choose from, my personal preferene right now is Tykables Little Builders. For daytime I've also worn Totaldry Plus and ABU Preschool (those come in both plastic and clothlike)
I find Goodnites hold up well, takes awhile to dry but they don't feel or look like there's shards in them. The only time I've worn cloth is when I was little and had yeast, and that was unpleasant as my folks recall, so I rather stay away from cloth. I agree though the cloth-like materials have given companies like P&G to cheapen their once better quality products (softness doesn't have to come at that big of a cost). I personally tend to stay in the modded baby diaper territory, and unfortunately the only diaper I've found in that category not to swell up with shard-like swelling is the Crappy built Luvs. But the subconscious dribbling has to be contained somehow, so Goodnites it will have to be I guess.

I wear ABU simples for an entire 8 to 10 hour day of hot sweaty active work and don’t have any clump or breakdown at all. You have to wear the right product for what you are doing and you won’t have that issue. As for your waistband showing....If you can’t get a onesie then the long shirt idea will work but that method is not full proof and your diaper could peek.

How not to be paranoid?

I guess the best option would be not wearing diapers to work!

If you have your mind set on wearing, You would probably do best by following the above advice from our esteemed friends.

All the best.

Definitely get aome plain colour onesies and change part way through the day if possible, I wear a black or darker colour onesie and betterdry diapers while at work or a clients and no one has noticed.
also,wear pants dark colour pants (black) one aize up from normal i wesr devner hynes relax fit jeans and no one can tell I am in a diaper

Don't wear anything too thin (like tranquality atn, or store brands), the don't have enough padding to hold themselves together very well. But don't go too thick either (abu, confidry, betterdry). You'll never be able to use them full due to the sweat buildup, and with high movement thry will clump up noticably.

Aim for a mid-grade diaper that will last about 4-6 hours. Maybe something like molicate or tena. By the time sweat and clumping is getting to be a problem you'll be needing to change anyways.

squishypants said:
I wear ABU simples for an entire 8 to 10 hour day of hot sweaty active work and don’t have any clump or breakdown at all.

That's an impressively thick diaper to be able to wear for a long, active day! I'd expect my skin as well as my diaper to be a mess by the end of a day like that.

bambinod said:
That's an impressively thick diaper to be able to wear for a long, active day! I'd expect my skin as well as my diaper to be a mess by the end of a day like that.

Well I have elephant skin I guess because I never ever get a rash. I mean I’ve had minor rashes but rarely. But the simple ultra is definitely worth the money!!

If you are worried then do not wear them for god's sake! Why cause yourself unwarranted mental stress and anguish for nothing crikey!

I find it easier to not wear Diapers through the work day. This does suck, but being active a lot and the heat, makes you worry more than it does good. Unless you are at a sit down job, then I'd wear all the time!

What kind of work do you do? Would overalls be acceptable work attire if you can’t get a onesie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back