Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

I've been having a look at this forum the past few days, and you seem like nice people, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

My name's Stella, I'm a grad student from Canada, and I've been more or less into diapers for about five years now. I've definitely had an on-off relationship with them, but I think that I'm fairly comfortable with who I am at the moment, which is why I'm introducing myself here... I've never had any problems with incontinence, I wear diapers strictly for fun; I used to be into Goodnites, but I much prefer real plastic-backed adult diapers now. I just discovered Abenas, which I think are really great. Other than diapers, I love reading all sorts of books, classic fiction, history, poetry... I like birdwatching, and I'm a fan of The Office and 30 Rock. Oh, and I really mean it when i say I have an on and off relationship with diapers - so if you don't see me for awhile, it's probably because I'm in one of my periods when I think I can leave diapers behind! To be honest though, I'll probably be back eventually.

Mesmerale

Hi! Welcome to ADISC.

You already seem like a nice person, so I'ma say hi...

'cept I already did that, dang it... Uhm...

*starts to dance* ... No? Okay. *stops*

Yay GoodNites! I love my GoodNites, they're so girly and cute and comfy. But annyyyway..

Is classic fiction different than fiction? Have you read...

• The Midnighters Series?
    • The Young Wizards Series?
    • The Maximum Ride Series?
    • The Circle of Magic Quartet?
    • The Circle Opens Quartet?
    • The Darren Shan Saga?
    • The Kitty Series? (Kitty and the Midnight Hour, Kitty Goes to Washington, Kitty Takes a Holiday, Kitty and the Silver Bullet, etc.)
    • The Bartimaeus Trilogy?
    • Um... The Harry Potter Series? (^_^)
    • The Children of the Lamp ... whatever?
    • ..... *runs to look at her bookshelf* The Artemis Fowl Series?
    • The Chronicles of Narnia?
    • The Inheritance ... whatever? (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr)

Um.. History...

• The Narrative Life of Frederick Douglass?

Poetry...

And why do you bother trying to leave diapers behind?, out of curiosity.

I mean, clearly you've tried and failed before (No offense). We've all heard of the Binge/Purge Cycle. Binge/Purge Cycle

Why don't you just stay away from them for that period, since you already know you'll be coming back, rather than make an exasperated effort to be rid of them completely?

By classic fiction, I mean novels from the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries... I don't read too much current fiction. I do adore Harry Potter and the Narnia series, mind you, but I haven't read anything else on your list.

And, yes, I'm well aware of the binge/purge cycle, but, I guess maybe I overestimate my strength of will during the purge part of the cycle?

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    By classic fiction, I mean novels from the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries... I don't read too much current fiction. I do adore Harry Potter and the Narnia series, mind you, but I haven't read anything else on your list.

And, yes, I'm well aware of the binge/purge cycle, but, I guess maybe I overestimate my strength of will during the purge part of the cycle?
    Oh! ^_^

Uhm...

• Three Musketeers! (It's in my closet somewhere, I haven't read it...)
    • The Man in the Iron Mask
    • The Count of Monte...somethin' (My spellcheck has failed me and I'm afraid of spelling it wrong.)
    • The Legend of Zorro (Is that a book?)

Am I getting warmer?

~~~

Well.. uh... don't! *nod-nod*

Meh, I guess there's nothing wrong with it, actually. But it seems to be a waste, especially, if you throw your stuff away, of money in this time of economic recession--oh wait, you're in Canada, not America! *giggles at her own joke*

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    Oh! ^_^

Uhm...

• Three Musketeers! (It's in my closet somewhere, I haven't read it...)
    • The Man in the Iron Mask
    • The Count of Monte...somethin' (My spellcheck has failed me and I'm afraid of spelling it wrong.)
    • The Legend of Zorro (Is that a book?)

Am I getting warmer?
    Well three of those are by Alexandre Dumas. I've read The Count of Monte Cristo (which is fantastic) but not the other two. I've not read The Legend of Zorro, but Wikipedia tells me that that began as a pulp novel before it was adapted for films, which is probably why I haven't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    Well.. uh... don't! *nod-nod*

Meh, I guess there's nothing wrong with it, actually. But it seems to be a waste, especially, if you throw your stuff away, of money in this time of economic recession--oh wait, you're in Canada, not America! *giggles at her own joke*
    Oh yeah, I've definitely thrown diapers away and then regretted it... but I think I'm aware enough of my pattern now not to do it again. But on the other hand, I'm thinking of buying a whole case of diapers now, to save money... which I think means I'm past the throwing diapers out stage - I hope!

Mesmerale

I read like, half of the book (Count of Monte Cristo), and seen the entire movie version.

Luff!!! Such a great story..

~~~

Yay for being past the throwing diapers out stage! So, yeah... *yawns a bit*

~~~

Do you play DDR?

All DDR brings to mind for me is Deutsche Demokratische Republik - so I'll say no.

Very nice introduction and welcome. I love 30 Rock and The Office. I think they are very well written. I to enjoy literature, and the classics, though when I was in school we had to read them, such as Moby Dick, Great Expectations, House of the Seven Gables, etc. I loved all of William Golding, but especially Lord of the Flies. I've read all of J.D.Salenger, and I love Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man. Then there's Faulkner and Hemmingway. So many books, so little time. Right now I'm writing my own novel, Haunting at Ong's Hat. I love doing it.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    All DDR brings to mind for me is Deutsche Demokratische Republik - so I'll say no.
    :O

.... *is tempted to ask if they have DDR in Canada, but that'd be wrong*

Uhm...

>.>

Welcome here... Sorry, don't mean to interrupt: /me leans against a wall with mah dark local ale, a little off to the side, to overhear... /me *nodnods* at the fantasy/adventure stuff...