Best to Worst Baby Diapers Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandumFoxx

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
This transmission is about my experience/findings with baby diapers. I judge the diapers by 1. absorbency and 2. overall construction, primarily the tabs. So, here is the best to worst. Granted I have not tried every baby diaper available on the market say at your local Walmart or such, thus why this transmission is Part One. So here is from best to worst.

1. Huggies Snug N' Dry (Kimberly Clark)

Absorbency wise, a well modded pair will hold a good wetting, but I advise against flooding as the outside of this diaper can become wet. The construction of the tabs can take a good amount of tension without taping or stapling, I have modded as little as a Size 4, and it has stayed on with little to no instance of popping. You can do a good amount of movement without the tabs popping off.

2. Huggies Little Movers (Kimberly Clark)

Initially, I thought this was a Huggies equivalent to Pampers Easy Ups, so this was a bit of a risk to me upon picking up a pack. Absorbency is similar to Snug N' Dry's. Unlike the Snug N' Dry's, this diaper has a bit of a scent to it out of the package, which I don't prefer. The reason I didn't combine this product with the Snug N' Dry's is the tabs. While both diapers have essentially the same tabs, almost paperish feeling over cloth feeling, the tabs are not as reliable. While the tabs don't require taping or stapling, they are not as reliable in terms of a good amount of movement. But the build is good, it's worth the premium price of nearly nine dollars per pack.

3. Pampers Baby Dry (P&G)

This diaper was a close tie with the Little Movers, in terms of feel and tab construction. Absorbency wise, the main difference is you will not feel the diaper become wet from the outside, so you have less of a chance of your sheets and comforter smelling like urine. The diaper doesn't swell, rather you just see where it gets wet on the diaper. This is probably Procter and Gamble's best offering on the market, at least until I try the Cruisers and the Swaddler's. Like the Little Movers, there is a bit of a smell out of the package.

4. Parent's Choice (Walmart Brand)

When I tried these, I tried the Size Sevens (the only diaper that comes in that size that Walmart carries). Absorbency is fairly well, but expect leaking if you release a good amount, so bring a couple bath towels to bed. The tabs are lower quality, with some taping or stapling required. I have found the tabs on my back, and I have woken up naked due to the diaper coming off overnight. However, when properly modded, with stapling of the tabs if you have the kind of build I have (I can wear 18-20 boxers quite comfortably), this diaper might work to wear around the house or in public. I will note it is the diaper that looks closest to the diapers of the 90's in terms of design, nearly all white with few prints.

So, what's the worst diaper?...…

5. Luvs Diapers (P&G)

As a baby, baby this is what my folks put me in most back in the day up until I was seven, so quite frankly I am disappointed. While the absorbency beats the rest of the diapers in this list, what knocks this cheap diaper to the bottom of the list is its construction. Tabs are terrible, even with Size 6 taping or stapling tabs might not keep them on. Cloth-like material, with little to no smell out of the package. While I would be more comfortable wearing these to bed with the most minimal amount of leaking, the tabs are quite frankly uncomfortable, and rip off easily. Like the Parents Choice, I am glad I haven't gotten to the point I wet myself overnight yet since I have woken up naked from the diaper giving way (I know that can be a little too much detail, but its worth noting in my observations). A Luvs product (with the Blue's Clues prints) ten years ago would more likely be of higher quality. Embarrassing for a company like P&G. And its cheapening has sabotaged a great brand. Even a Luvs diaper from twenty years ago (the Barney prints ones) I would be willing to bet is of better tab construction.

Luvs are the cheapest diaper on the market, with five dollars overall per pack at Walmart.

So this is my first transmission of my findings with these diapers. I still have a good amount of the diapers I reviewed here left, so I will probably work on using those up aside from Goodnites before I try anything different. Any feedback, recommendations I am open to.

Peace.

Have you tried the huggies overnights?

Edsel said:
Have you tried the huggies overnights?
No, how are they? Just tried some cruisers the other day. Size Seven fits well.

I have not. But I heard they are super absorbent. Goodnights are my go to. I don't fit in any of the tabed baby diapers. I am going to use it as a stuffer.

I've tried so very many and Luvs 6 are my favorite, I don't wear baby diapers stand alone or extended but rather use them stripped down as boosters. Luvs 6 peal apart nicely without spilling SAP and after scientific testing they hold 3.53lbs, more than all but Huggies Ovrenights's 4.325lb and CVS It's Time To Sleep's 4.727lb . Luvs cost much less and do not burst in the bathtub or during squeezing out the excess water before weigh in like the top holders.

Edsel said:
I have not. But I heard they are super absorbent. Goodnights are my go to. I don't fit in any of the tabed baby diapers. I am going to use it as a stuffer.
I don’t necessarily either, that’s why I mod them since I want to wear them stand-alone where possible. What I “fit” best into I’ve found is modded Pampers Cruisers 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Nam Repaid said:
I've tried so very many and Luvs 6 are my favorite, I don't wear baby diapers stand alone or extended but rather use them stripped down as boosters. Luvs 6 peal apart nicely without spilling SAP and after scientific testing they hold 3.53lbs, more than all but Huggies Ovrenights's 4.325lb and CVS It's Time To Sleep's 4.727lb . Luvs cost much less and do not burst in the bathtub or during squeezing out the excess water before weigh in like the top holders.
That makes me want to buy Overnights now lol, although they only come in cases. I concur on the absorbency of the Luvs, but that seems to be the only place P&G didn’t cut all corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back