Will The Day Ever Come?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorridgepiggywindowS

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I think it’s a question we all ask ourselves occasionally. Will there ever be a time in the future when the ABDL community will be accepted in society? It’s draining having to hide my diapers and bottles which I guess is a personal issue as my parents aren’t accepting of me being AB. Jokes on them because I’m not fighting it but rather the opposite, and embracing it. I wish I could go to an AB get together and hang out with people who share the same interests without having to talk to people who wish to remain anonymous because they (understandably) are afraid of People finding out. It also takes ages to sift through sites trying to find out whether there are any ABDL goings on in my country let alone my local area 😂 It’s a shame because being AB/DL isn’t something to be ashamed of.

I used the term “get together” loosely because I don’t know what we call it these days?

Hope everyone is having a good day all the same x

Here was my response to a similar thread some weeks ago. My apologies if it's somewhat depressing; it's reality as I see it.

If “accepted” means accommodated, then yes. There are certainly more online venues, products and events. When I started exploring ABDL more than 30 years ago, there was nothing.

Society, however, still regards us as contemptible freaks. This hasn’t changed much, and the willingness of certain ABs to make themselves objects of derision in the mainstream media hasn’t helped.

About 15 yeas ago, when the first AB retail clothing boutique opened in England, I honestly thought we’d arrived. Then came Jerry Springer and his ilk, and the reductive lens of reality television. Now, I’d argue we’ve managed to take a step or two backward instead of moving toward societal acceptance.

You can be “an optimist” all you want, but flaunting your AB lifestyle will today produce largely scorn, whereas 30 years ago, it left folks puzzled and speechless. I submit that puzzled and speechless was better.

You shouldn't hold your breath for casual openness. However, if you live in the right places and make an effort to be social, you can make real friends with ABDLs and have satisfying relationships and experiences. I don't think we're going to be accepted as an individual thing any time soon but I think it's possible that the rising tide of acceptance for harmless weirdness will help us along with a lot of others.

If Miley Cyrus would come out as an adult baby, I think it would help, though she too has a reputation for being somewhat "out there". Unfortunately when one of "us" is on the TV, we're usually shown off to the muggles as freaks which of course never helps.

Dogboy makes a good point. Without trying to offend anyone, most of the people who have come out as ABDLs in the media aren't exactly people who are the best at representing the community. We have yet to have a well respected and known person announce to the world that they are an infantalist. Frankly, I doubt that will happen any time soon. The result is those who can afford to put their face on camera will be regarded as slackers, near-do-wells, and abominations, even though the vast majority of us are not.

Speck said:
I'd just be happy to share this with someone, but we cant always get what we want.

That's not an unreasonable hope. Keep working toward that goal.

I believe, yes. The more we can get people to understand what abdl really is (especially amongst ourselves), and the more misinformation we can dispell, the more accepting general society will become. Look at how hated we used to be 20 or even 30 years ago, then look at how much more we have gained towards that acceptance now. It's a slow process I don't expect will happen in my life time, but I do believe we can one day get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back