Status
Not open for further replies.

LilacCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
So today I also picked up this thing I never seen before Johnson and Johnson soothing vapor bath. Even though it comes out weird I have to say this is some of the best bath stuff i tried in a while smell wise. (Toping Johnson's bedtime) I'll put it to a live fire test later but that is going as my favorite bath goo.

What is your lineup of baby products to make you feel all tiny

I'm using HIPP baby lotion and body wash, partly because I can't stand strong scents, partly because it makes me feel happy. That's pretty much what my mother used on my when I was a baby, too. I love how the body lotion doesn't feel sticky either, like a lot of lotions for adults tend to do.
I'm not a fan of baby shampoo, but that makes sense, as it's not exactly made to wash adult hair, so I stick to regular products for that. I did, however, find hair conditioner for small kids that smells like cotton candy, and it makes my hair so soft.

I've found that baby products tend to not bubble as much as others. Even the bubble baths I've tried. Though I'm sure the toddler to preschool products will bubble more, infants don't really care about bubbles yet, so it makes sense they wouldn't focus on that.

Also, baby wipes are fantastic at removing makeup, but that's less of a Little thing and more of a common girl thing.

I bought Pampers baby wipes instead of my usual Kidgets and was surprised by how much more delicate they are on my skin. The quantity per pack is lower but I have to go to a second wipe far less frequently. I usually follow up with a few shakes of Gold Bond baby powder because it keeps things from getting irritated. (Gold Bond baby powder is talc free.)

I use Aveeno liquid shower soap in the morning, but I always add J & J's Head to Toe Baby Wash to the Aveeno. If I'm feeling especially little, I'll hand wash again with just the Head to Toe. After I'm dry and have shaved, I put on Aveeno Baby Lotion and then some J & J Nighttime Baby Lotion. I guess I pretty much smell like a baby when I'm done....haha.

Only "baby" product I use is the Rite-Aid version of Desitin diaper rash cream, it's the same stuff as the name brand and after using it only a few times I'm loving how it's a really good protective cream that keeps my skin healthy.

For Powder I just use the regular medicated Gold Bond.

For me, I use:
Rite Aid "Generic" A+D Ointment
Rite Aid "Generic" Baby Shampoo
Rite Aid "Generic" Baby Powder

*looks at her bath tub with it's plethora of different baby washes/shampoos/bubble baths*

You guys want me to list all of this stuff? :laugh:

I mainly use Baby Magic because it's what got used on me back in the day and I still love the smell. :3 I have to use a special shampoo to get the psoriasis out of my hair, so when that's done I'll go over it again with baby shampoo just for the smell. :D And if you were wondering, yes, the special shampoo still works. :p You leave it in for around five minutes or so, then rinse it out. It has an acid in it that helps break up the build-up. The only trouble is that it has no scent and I like my hair to smell like something.

(Although right now I'm kinda angry because I tried that dry shampoo with tea tree oil in it and it has made my poor head smell so funky. SO SO FUNKY. I GOT THA FUNK. CAN'T STOP DA FUNK. Sorry. Got a little sidetracked.)

Disney Baby Lavender and Chamomile lotion is my absolute favorite. Love it so much I use it as a lotion and a general scent. Also love the Winnie the Pooh bottle. Big fan of lavender scents.

My mom caught whiff of it once and said that's the exact one she used on me as a baby! Thought that was the coolest.

Mr. Bubbles is a favorite. The smell is so nostalgic <3 but I seem to remember there being way more bubbles back then...

Baby oil is nice too but prefer the feel of the lotion.

I really wish baby shampoos were stronger in scent and formula otherwise I'd definitely use it. Maybe if I had really short hair it'd fare better? Have looked at other children's shampoo and soap products but they often are either too faint or too sickeningly sweet scented.

J&J Baby Shampoo for adults or riot [emoji14]

Sheepies said:
Disney Baby Lavender and Chamomile lotion is my absolute favorite. Love it so much I use it as a lotion and a general scent. Also love the Winnie the Pooh bottle. Big fan of lavender scents.

My mom caught whiff of it once and said that's the exact one she used on me as a baby! Thought that was the coolest.

Mr. Bubbles is a favorite. The smell is so nostalgic <3 but I seem to remember there being way more bubbles back then...

Baby oil is nice too but prefer the feel of the lotion.

I really wish baby shampoos were stronger in scent and formula otherwise I'd definitely use it. Maybe if I had really short hair it'd fare better? Have looked at other children's shampoo and soap products but they often are either too faint or too sickeningly sweet scented.

J&J Baby Shampoo for adults or riot [emoji14]

I have very short hair, and baby shampoo leaves my hair feeling pretty nasty. Occasionally, I'll use regular shampoo and then follow with a baby shampoo for the scent, but it's just not ideal...

Not sure if this qualifies but I add Dreft Blissfuls laundry beads when I wash my clothes. It makes all my clothes have that baby fragrance!

BryanGoodnite said:
Not sure if this qualifies but I add Dreft Blissfuls laundry beads when I wash my clothes. It makes all my clothes have that baby fragrance!
I didn't know this was a thing and now I need it :0

Oh, it's definitely a thing. I made a satchel and put it inside a small torn up pink plush dragon that I found. I fixed her all back up and put the little bag with the dreft 'beads' inside. She smells -awesome-. When I'm having to go do something that upsets me, I will tuck her into my bag so that every time I open it I smell the Dreft scent. LOL

Also they have a sort of 'febreze' thing for fabric. I've only found it at Meijer, but I'm sure it's available elsewhere. (Meijer gets me going 'whaaaat'? They have literally every kind of baby shampoo but they do not typically have diaper bags! *laugh* I was looking for one and they didn't have any at all in the store...but they DO have the most delicious Bubble Gum soda pop that my little side is addicted to. :laugh: )

CuddleWoozle said:
*looks at her bath tub with it's plethora of different baby washes/shampoos/bubble baths*

You guys want me to list all of this stuff? :laugh:

I mainly use Baby Magic because it's what got used on me back in the day and I still love the smell. :3 I have to use a special shampoo to get the psoriasis out of my hair, so when that's done I'll go over it again with baby shampoo just for the smell. :D And if you were wondering, yes, the special shampoo still works. :p You leave it in for around five minutes or so, then rinse it out. It has an acid in it that helps break up the build-up. The only trouble is that it has no scent and I like my hair to smell like something.

(Although right now I'm kinda angry because I tried that dry shampoo with tea tree oil in it and it has made my poor head smell so funky. SO SO FUNKY. I GOT THA FUNK. CAN'T STOP DA FUNK. Sorry. Got a little sidetracked.)

The funk is euceliptus
Your welcome silly

CuddleWoozle said:
Oh, it's definitely a thing. I made a satchel and put it inside a small torn up pink plush dragon that I found. I fixed her all back up and put the little bag with the dreft 'beads' inside. She smells -awesome-. When I'm having to go do something that upsets me, I will tuck her into my bag so that every time I open it I smell the Dreft scent. LOL

Also they have a sort of 'febreze' thing for fabric. I've only found it at Meijer, but I'm sure it's available elsewhere. (Meijer gets me going 'whaaaat'? They have literally every kind of baby shampoo but they do not typically have diaper bags! *laugh* I was looking for one and they didn't have any at all in the store...but they DO have the most delicious Bubble Gum soda pop that my little side is addicted to. [emoji23] )
Okay that plush idea is genius

Sheepies said:
Okay that plush idea is genius

Oh, I do try sometimes. :graduate:

Just got done with a bubble bath. XD I know someone said on here that they don't get much bubbles and I thought perhaps I would share my woozle-wisdom.

I get plenty of bubbles by getting the tub a little filled with warm water. I get in, turn the tap to only hot**, and once it starts getting toasty warm, I'll carefully add in about three to six capfuls of bubble bath. I actually carefully hold the cap full of solution under the running water at a slight angle. It will let the water hit it and mix in with it better. Kind of like a bubble-bath waterfall. That's where a steady hand comes in handy. If you aren't comfortable trying to do that with steaming hot water, you can just use warm. Although: Hot water makes more bubbles than cold water. Cold water will actually 'kill' the foam, it's why you should rinse dishes in cold water. ;)

A few caveats:

1: My water quality stinks. I have a softener, but it'll only do so much. XD If you have good 'soft' water, the bubbles will foam up better.
2: Water heater settings can vary. What I have as 'top out' hot, might not be anywhere near where your water heater is set to top out. Check it BEFORE you try it. (My dad has always set ours a little lower than most. Probably because he knows my habit of running the bath water as hot as I can stand it. :laugh: ROASTY TOASTY WOOZLE!)
3: Bubble bath formulas -also- vary. You might get better results with one or another. The one I've been using is J&J Baby Bubble Bath Lavender and it seems to do quite well.

ALSO:

If you want to go FULL ON EXTREEEEEEEEME. Do it in a whirlpool bath. Those movies where the washing machine starts shooting foam everywhere? That'll be your bath.

CuddleWoozle said:
Oh, I do try sometimes. :graduate:

Just got done with a bubble bath. XD I know someone said on here that they don't get much bubbles and I thought perhaps I would share my woozle-wisdom.

I get plenty of bubbles by getting the tub a little filled with warm water. I get in, turn the tap to only hot**, and once it starts getting toasty warm, I'll carefully add in about three to six capfuls of bubble bath. I actually carefully hold the cap full of solution under the running water at a slight angle. It will let the water hit it and mix in with it better. Kind of like a bubble-bath waterfall. That's where a steady hand comes in handy. If you aren't comfortable trying to do that with steaming hot water, you can just use warm. Although: Hot water makes more bubbles than cold water. Cold water will actually 'kill' the foam, it's why you should rinse dishes in cold water. ;)

A few caveats:

1: My water quality stinks. I have a softener, but it'll only do so much. XD If you have good 'soft' water, the bubbles will foam up better.
2: Water heater settings can vary. What I have as 'top out' hot, might not be anywhere near where your water heater is set to top out. Check it BEFORE you try it. (My dad has always set ours a little lower than most. Probably because he knows my habit of running the bath water as hot as I can stand it. [emoji23] ROASTY TOASTY WOOZLE!)
3: Bubble bath formulas -also- vary. You might get better results with one or another. The one I've been using is J&J Baby Bubble Bath Lavender and it seems to do quite well.

ALSO:

If you want to go FULL ON EXTREEEEEEEEME. Do it in a whirlpool bath. Those movies where the washing machine starts shooting foam everywhere? That'll be your bath.
Thanks for the tips <3 definitely doing that for my next bubble bath~

I like Johnson & Johnson’s baby stuff: baby shampoo, head-to-toe baby wash, and baby lotion. The bonus is that after bathing and lotioning with that stuff in the evening and sleeping, my toddler pajamas and I smell like a baby the next morning. :) It just adds to the whole toddler experience. I also used the baby shampoo and baby lotion growing up.

I also use Johnson & Johnson baby powder and Huggies baby wipes for diaper changes. I have Desitin on hand for rare diaper rashes. There was a time when I would use Johnson & Johnson’s baby oil, store brand Desitin (the original one with fragrance), and Johnson & Johnson’s talc baby powder before being diapered up to give me what I think is the “new baby smell.”

BryanGoodnite said:
I ended up buying this.

No regrets.

All my sheets smell just like Pampers and I love it so much.

Some parents I know use Lactacyd baby wash for bathing and cleaning the body as well as the hair and scalp of their babies.
Johnson and Johnson’s Head to Toe baby wash contains a sulfate, so it’s as bad as regular shampoo. I have very sensitive skin and have used it for years as a body wash. It’s also a great face wash!

If you’re looking for a low-poo, the Curl Chemist writes that you’ll need one that contains either cocamidopropyl betaine, cocobetaine. I’ve been doing some research about baby shampoo/wash and here’s what I’ve found…these are sulfate free and contain one of the ingredients mentioned (I get the ingredient list off the internet which may or may not be accurate - so double check!). I found all of them at drugstore.com.

Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Tear Free Shampoo & Body Wash, Natures Baby Organics Shampoo and Body Wash Vanilla Tangerine (lots of protein), Avalon Baby Gentle Tear-Free Shampoo and Body Wash, Johnson’s Soothing Naturals Hair and Body Wash, Jason Natural Cosmetics Earth’s Best Organic Shampoo and Body Wash Lavender

California Baby wash https://giftedkiddie.com/best-shampoo-kids/ makes a couple that are sulfate free, but don’t contain cocamidopropyl betaine or cocobetaine.
On Youtube, there are a lot of interesting videos,I will leave one of them here, I hope someone will help in the future. Good luck, Parents!
[video=youtube;FCs9azmfKL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCs9azmfKL4[/video]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back