Status
Not open for further replies.

LilacCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I personally really like generation 3 and 3.5 of the my little pony franchise more than the friendship is magic seemingly about all battles now and knit picking to find a story.

Back then in g3, it was all about giggles, cuteness, and how adorable things are, and it was obviously made for little girls. It wasn't until FIM where they started to expand off this. I bring my excitement to the front fandom and was turned away with majority thinking it was "vomit worthy" and "the worst generation of them all"

I think the music, story, voices (the REAL Tools roola!) Colors, and if course the giggles/girliness was way better then today. What was your favorite episode? Opinions? Like it? Don't?

- - - Updated - - -

Mabey I'm just upset that baby ponies stopped being a major appearance after gen 3.5....

I actually liked FIM better because it went back to the adventure-ish roots of the series. It's gotten a little too serious in the later seasons, though.

If you want more 'cutesy wootsy' and still have a story, go back and watch the original run of the 1980's cartoon.

I don't like 3.5 because I despised the art style. I still do. It's too obvious to me that they tried to jump onto the 'Bratz' popularity wagon instead of doing their own thing. They did the same thing with "Equestria Girls" and Monster High. (For some reason characters that are supposed to be roughly in their early twenties just -have- to be in high school when they get turned into humans? WHAT? Were they held back? :laugh:)

FIM fan

I watched the gen before FIM and found it lacking in adventure. I like FIM even with the sometimes-shoehorned Aesops, because there's always some kind of an adventure involved, and usually someone grows a little. Then again, I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

LilacCrinkle said:
I personally really like generation 3 and 3.5 of the my little pony franchise more than the friendship is magic seemingly about all battles now and knit picking to find a story.

Back then in g3, it was all about giggles, cuteness, and how adorable things are, and it was obviously made for little girls. It wasn't until FIM where they started to expand off this. I bring my excitement to the front fandom and was turned away with majority thinking it was "vomit worthy" and "the worst generation of them all"

I think the music, story, voices (the REAL Tools roola!) Colors, and if course the giggles/girliness was way better then today. What was your favorite episode? Opinions? Like it? Don't?

- - - Updated - - -

Mabey I'm just upset that baby ponies stopped being a major appearance after gen 3.5....

You are in the extreme minority. The stories in Gen 4 are much, much more enjoyable than of 3 and 3.5. Not to mention the songs are great, and the voice work is way better quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back