Status
Not open for further replies.

ToonFan97

Slightly awkward diaper boy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
So I've been living in my first apartment for almost ten months now, and today my landlord emailed me and told me she'd be coming by tomorrow for a routine yearly inspection. For the most part I'm not worried. I know they mostly just do this to make sure important things are in working order and that you haven't destroyed the place. I keep it pretty neat and tidy, as I pretty much always have.

My only concern involves the possibility of her checking the closet. I keep a few large, distinctively ABDL/fetishy things stored in there, things that would be difficult to move somewhere else or explain away. I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world - She's a very nice person for the most part and I have no notable complaints of her, overall she's a great landlord to have - but I'd still like to avoid the heartache of having her stumble across these things.

For those of you that know of or have been in similar situations, am I overthinking it and there's likely nothing to worry about, or is it worth taking precautions for? Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Well, if she's nice, just tell her that you have personal private items on the closet. And only if she approaches. I mean, there is no real guarantee she'd check the closet anyway!

My old apartment had annual inspections. As near as I can tell, they didn't look in the closets when I wasn't around. They certainly didn't do so when I was there. I found it a bit unnerving but nothing ever came of it. I had bags of diapers visible in my closet, although the open ones were in big storage bins and the bags were opaque. It's probably nothing to be concerned over but take whatever measures will ease your mind.

kik91 said:
Well, if she's nice, just tell her that you have personal private items on the closet. And only if she approaches. I mean, there is no real guarantee she'd check the closet anyway!

Trevor said:
My old apartment had annual inspections. As near as I can tell, they didn't look in the closets when I wasn't around. They certainly didn't do so when I was there. I found it a bit unnerving but nothing ever came of it. I had bags of diapers visible in my closet, although the open ones were in big storage bins and the bags were opaque. It's probably nothing to be concerned over but take whatever measures will ease your mind.

True, I'm aware odds of it are slim. And I can't think of any reason why anything there would need to be checked. I could always just stop her and tell her. Then again, if she needs to check it for some reason I can't fathom or come up with on my own, then I'd at least like to avoid it altogether rather than leave them there only for her to have to be required to check, and therefore have her see.

It's probably me just being paranoid. Again, I can't think of any cogent reason for it being necessary. I might think about doing what I can just to ease those admittedly silly worries of mine. At least if worse came to worst, it wouldn't be like there was anything truly bad about it, it'd just be annoying and embarrassing. :sweatdrop:

ToonFan97 said:
True, I'm aware odds of it are slim. And I can't think of any reason why anything there would need to be checked. I could always just stop her and tell her. Then again, if she needs to check it for some reason I can't fathom or come up with on my own, then I'd at least like to avoid it altogether rather than leave them there only for her to have to be required to check, and therefore have her see.

It's probably me just being paranoid. Again, I can't think of any cogent reason for it being necessary. I might think about doing what I can just to ease those admittedly silly worries of mine. At least if worse came to worst, it wouldn't be like there was anything truly bad about it, it'd just be annoying and embarrassing. :sweatdrop:

Okay, take deep breaths. In and out. You're clearly a bit overworked on this. But don't worry, it will be alright! Hugs!

*hugs back* Ugh, thank you. This is how I always get with these things. I'm a mess. You're right, I'm sure it'll be fine. :meditate:

ToonFan97 said:
*hugs back* Ugh, thank you. This is how I always get with these things. I'm a mess. You're right, I'm sure it'll be fine. :meditate:

Hahaha trust me. As a schizoaffective bipolar person, I know about being a mess and overworked on little things. But you'll be alright. Just take it easy.

I had this happen to me just yesterday. I got a knock at my door and it was my building super wanting to do a routine check. Well, lets just say I was in a very uncompromising position myself, he's knocking at my door asking if he can come in to inspect and I'm laying in my bed, wearing a soggy diaper and full baby attire... not fun. I told him that I needed to get decent and then I would let him in, he obliged. I ripped off my diaper, threw it in the trash and then I took of my baby clothes and threw them in the closet along with all my other AB items. My landlord came in and did his thing and not once did he check in the closets.

It's definitely natural to be a bit paranoid when first living on your own with something like this, our minds tend to go to the worst case scenario, "what if they look", bottomline, they won't. My landlord always knocks first, if he hears nothing after 3 knocks, he enters and does his rounds. He's inspected my apartment twice when I wasn't home and on both of those previous occasions and his most recent check, he did not go poking his nose into my closets or my pantries. At the end of the day, most landlords respect their tenant's privacy, if they didn't, they'd be out a tenant and payment. Every time my apartment has had a check, they check the plumbing, the light fixtures and my oven filament, none of these things are located in the closet and nowhere in any of these areas is there an AB item to be found. Chances are, your landlord will conduct a similar check, focussing on what needs to be evaluated, not on what is inside your closet.

If it is still worrying you though, you could always place your items in a box or a bin of some sort. Even I have an empty luggage and some rubbermaid bins in my closet that I store my AB items in should I be leaving my apartment for weeks at a time. I don't make use of them often, but if I need some extra peace of mind that my AB stuff won't be found or stumbled upon, I'll place my stuff in one of those.

Anyways, take a deep breath and relax. If I can be woken up in baby gear, to my landlord knocking, wanting to conduct his inspection and escape unscathed, then you really have nothing to worry about. Once again, it's a routine inspection, the landlord won't even check your closet :)

Poofybutt said:
I had this happen to me just yesterday. I got a knock at my door and it was my building super wanting to do a routine check. Well, lets just say I was in a very uncompromising position myself, he's knocking at my door asking if he can come in to inspect and I'm laying in my bed, wearing a soggy diaper and full baby attire... not fun. I told him that I needed to get decent and then I would let him in, he obliged. I ripped off my diaper and threw my baby clothes in the closet along with all my other AB items, including diapers. My landlord came in and did his thing and not once did he check in the closets.

It's definitely natural to be a bit paranoid when first living on your own with something like this, our minds tend to go to the worst case scenario, "what if they look", bottomline, they won't. My landlord always knocks first, if he hears nothing after 3 knocks, he enters and does his rounds. He's inspected my apartment twice when I wasn't home and on both of those previous occasions and his most recent check, he did not go poking his nose into my closets or my pantries. At the end of the day, most landlords respect their tenant's privacy, if they didn't, they'd be out a tenant and payment. Every time my apartment has had a check, they check the plumbing, the light fixtures and my oven filament, none of these things are located in the closet and nowhere in any of these areas is there an AB item to be found. Chances are, your landlord will conduct a similar check, focussing on what needs to be evaluated, not on what is inside your closet.

If it is still worrying you though, you could always place your items in a box or a bin of some sort. Even I have an empty luggage and some rubbermaid bins in my closet that I store my AB items in should I be leaving my apartment for weeks at a time. I don't make use of them often, but if I need some extra peace of mind that my AB stuff won't be found or stumbled upon, I'll place my stuff in one of those.

Anyways, take a deep breath and relax. If I can be woken up in baby gear, to my landlord knocking, wanting to conduct his inspection and escape unscathed, then you really have nothing to worry about. Once again, it's a routine inspection, the landlord won't even check your closet :)

Hahaha dudeee!! That's so baad! Poor baby, you were all soggy and drinking you bottle and you had to grow up in a second. That's horrible!!

*Hugs you*

Poofybutt said:
I had this happen to me just yesterday. I got a knock at my door and it was my building super wanting to do a routine check. Well, lets just say I was in a very uncompromising position myself, he's knocking at my door asking if he can come in to inspect and I'm laying in my bed, wearing a soggy diaper and full baby attire... not fun. I told him that I needed to get decent and then I would let him in, he obliged. I ripped off my diaper, threw it in the trash and then I took of my baby clothes and threw them in the closet along with all my other AB items. My landlord came in and did his thing and not once did he check in the closets.

Oh goodness! What a coincidence! Glad to hear you were able to cover it up pretty quickly, though. Thank goodness nothing quite like that has happened to me so far, though who knows how long my luck will last, hehe.

It's certainly relieving to have my worries being quenched. I would definitely have thought it strange if she'd needed to go in there after all, as it seems there'd be nothing worth checking. I'll probably report back if the unthinkable happens, but I'm aware my worries are a tad silly. Still, felt it was worth asking. :)

ToonFan97 said:
Oh goodness! What a coincidence! Glad to hear you were able to cover it up pretty quickly, though. Thank goodness nothing quite like that has happened to me so far, though who knows how long my luck will last, hehe.

It's certainly relieving to have my worries being quenched. I would definitely have thought it strange if she'd needed to go in there after all, as it seems there'd be nothing worth checking. I'll probably report back if the unthinkable happens, but I'm aware my worries are a tad silly. Still, felt it was worth asking. :)

Relax, we're here to reassure you and make sure to patt your diapered bum so you feel better :eek:

Pff, you're silly. :eek: But fankyoo, it's much appreciated.

ToonFan97 said:

Yeah definitely a strange coincidence :)

My landlord is super chill, always knocks, never intrudes. Many landlords truly value their tenants and their privacy, I have never heard of nor experienced a landlord nosy enough to go poking around in their tenant's private lives, as I said, that would be very bad for business and terrible landlord etiquette.

Also, it's a lot easier to have your fears quelled if you are actually present for the inspection. I sat through the entirety of my inspection the other day, going through e-mails and gabbing with my landlord. My landlord even said, 'I hate to disturb you, I'll be out of your hair in a jiff" and he was, inspection took maybe 15 minutes tops.

It's always worth asking, I get that. Glad our answers have calmed things down a bit :)

You'll see it'll be a pretty routine thing with nothing to worry about. Update us if you want to though :)

Also it's not against the law.

If you're still worried, maybe you could stack some folded blankets on whatever it is? I suspect he'll never look in the closets.

My church has a new minister and he's making unannounced calls on all the members. Occasionally I'm home wearing a diaper and baby cloths. Fortunately I have a loud dog who barks when anyone pulls into our driveway. She also pounces on anyone who enters the house, except me of course.

That's always an option with some of it - I have a giant box of Bambinos that I can always just flap shut and set things on top of. It'd be more tricky to hide my giant sissy baby dresses and especially the petticoat slip. :laugh: Luckily though, it does seem unlikely to occur in the first place.

When we go through that sort of thing, mant checks the dishwasher, fridge, oven, ac, swaps out the heat plant filters, and replace the battery in the smoke detector. Beyond that they have never looked in any of my closets.

Just to ease your mind, I too have had a landlord come into my apartment. It was announced several weeks in advance and they knocked on the door and waited for me to let them in.

They checked the smoke detectors, GFI sockets and some other items that I can't think of at this time. As far as I know, they never looked in the closets or behind any furniture.

If you are still concerned about them finding something, what you can do is put that slip and the dresses as far in the back or to the sides of the closet as possible and then put other clothes in front or next to them (depending on how your closet is constructed). It would be unlikely that they will notice.

If they do - just tell then it is a Halloween costume!

Last edited:
My parents actually owned a house that we rented out. We didn't check the closets unless there was something obviously fishy about them. Like something leaking out of the closet on the carpets or a strong stink. And I don't recall that we ever actually did check the closets when someone was living there. :laugh: It's kind of "I don't wanna look at your clothes on hangers. Or your boxes of stuff."

Oh! I was going to say, unless there's like, an access panel inside the closet, you should be golden.

My mom's bedroom closet has TWO access panels inside it, one goes to the back side of the furnace/air conditioner and the other is to access the water pipes that go to the shower in her bathroom. The other bedroom has an entire section of wall that can be removed to get at the pipes for the bathtub in the smaller bathroom. (Which I've only had to yank down once because my grandmother twisted the knobs on the bathtub faucet until she broke the handle off. She had dementia, and I have -no idea- what the heck she was trying to accomplish. Probably trying to turn it ON. :p)

Its been a long time since I've lived anywhere where the landlord did inspections. Most of the apartments I've lived in with my family didn't do inspections. I remember one place very clearly though. When I was a child I lived in an apartment building where they did inspections either once or twice a year. Now, the apartment building didn't allow pets. But being a little kid I really wanted a cat. So we had a cat even though it wasn't allowed. Despite the inspections the landlady never found out about the cat. Its kind of cemented in my head that the inspections are no big deal and that they don't really look too deep into things. If you're really paranoid about the stuff in your closet, even though I doubt it breaks any rules, you could always hang a few empty coat hangers in the closet and throw a couple coats over the items. It'll look like a few of your coats fell of their hangers and the landlord should move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back