Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBoyRyan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Anyone out there who has one or one like it know if they can be put in washing machine (can't find any labels on it), or how to wash it without wrecking it?

It got vinyl on one side and cotton on the other.

Thanks

I always wanted an adult changing mat I understand cotton can be washed but as for vinyl...if I am not mistaken it will as actually melt in the dryer

It would be safe to wash in cold and tumble dry or at highest tumble low. (I washed my waterproof mattress cover this way) however if you ever have questions it is always best to go as low heat as possible (as air dry wouldn't be efficient because cotton will clump) or contact the company

Wash cold and hang to dry.

Even better, hand wash cold and hang to dry.

Vinyl is a tricky beast. If I gets certain compounds on it, it'll break down. Same with heat.

Warning: I do not have one of these changing mats or anything vinyl, but I have read several others warn about vinyl breaking down. I also work regularly with vintage plush toys and hand-wash is what I do with them. They come out all nice and clean. And by hand-washing it will allow you do see if you are doing any sort of damage to the item and stop before it's completely ruined.

Edit: Hand-washing is not the same thing as 'surface-washing'. :laugh: Hand washing needs a sink/bucket/bathtub and you just put the detergent on and smoosh away until it's clean. Sometimes I bring an old toothbrush to the party to get at stubborn spots.

A surface wash is where you get a sponge or cloth damp and run in over the item in question. Like a plush toy with electrical components.

CuddleWoozle said:
Wash cold and hang to dry.

Even better, hand wash cold and hang to dry.

Vinyl is a tricky beast. If I gets certain compounds on it, it'll break down. Same with heat.

Warning: I do not have one of these changing mats or anything vinyl, but I have read several others warn about vinyl breaking down. I also work regularly with vintage plush toys and hand-wash is what I do with them. They come out all nice and clean. And by hand-washing it will allow you do see if you are doing any sort of damage to the item and stop before it's completely ruined.

Edit: Hand-washing is not the same thing as 'surface-washing'. :laugh: Hand washing needs a sink/bucket/bathtub and you just put the detergent on and smoosh away until it's clean. Sometimes I bring an old toothbrush to the party to get at stubborn spots.

A surface wash is where you get a sponge or cloth damp and run in over the item in question. Like a plush toy with electrical components.

While talking detergents I recommend free and clear.

BabyBoyRyan said:
Anyone out there who has one or one like it know if they can be put in washing machine (can't find any labels on it), or how to wash it without wrecking it?

It got vinyl on one side and cotton on the other.

Anything vinyl -> no heat, mild detergent (means wash COLD, do NOT put in dryer, except possibly on "air-dry" ie just tumble and air, no heat)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back