Status
Not open for further replies.

LilacCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
So i wasn't allowed to get photos but my local target now has adult riding carts like the kids car carts but for adult size for "special needs" people. Usually people would bring they're own wheelchairs for that (they provide riding carts to seniors but no wheelchairs) and I had a string feeling to jump in one strap in and ask for a free cookie at the counter but I'm realistic I know this power can't be abused.

Anyone elses thoughts on this? Offensive? Amazing? I mean comon. Adult size seats and all. It's unbelievable it's like a huge car seat loaded to a cart and pointed toward the person walking it. There is no mistake about it the few times this may be used may not be from people who actually need it.

Normally stores provide electric scooter type carts where the person can drive themselves. I guess if you weren't capable of doing that, someone else would have to steer you around, thus the seat in the cart.

I sometimes have mobility issues, and my partner offers to have me use one. A lot of the local stores have them now.

In the UK some of the stores have adult seat in their shopping trolleys (carts). I've noticed mostly Morrison have them.

No, it's not offensive. What makes my flesh crawl, is that able people would dare try it. Yeah, you'd think we'd bring our own wheelchairs; wouldn't you? Well, imagine with me? You're a mom with a ten year old. You're ten year old's powerchair weighs more than a full-grown man. There's no one home to watch him, and you need to buy something. Whatcha gonna do? Take the kid, and the tank of a powerchair, or just lift the kid, as few times as possible? Even if you do bring his chair, let's assume he likes to, for lack of a better term, "run," from you. Can't do that, if he's in your cart, huh? Now, I suppose you could bring his lightweight pushchair, but, to him, it looks embarrassingly like a stroller, plus, how are you gonna push it, and the cart, at once? He can't push it. That's why he has a powerchair.

I know of another lady, with a young son. He cannot walk, talk, feed himself, or sit up. He's outgrown the infant shopping cart seats. At 4, he's way too long. Caroline's Carts aren't available where she is, so, she has to put her son in an infant cart seat, which makes him so uncomfortable, he cries.

Understand, I'm a Little bABy, so, I see the draw. I do see it. I mean, there's a 250 pound weight limit, for goodness sake, but, I'm also disabled, so, my perspective is different. I can't help it. Even though I'm disabled, I don't need something like that, and, were I to try it, "God, you lying, terrible, friggin' fraud," would be a recurring thought, if I was using one meant for customers.

If I wanted to try it, I'd buy one of my own, paint it pink, and upholster the cushions in something adorable, and girly as all get out!:lol:

Last edited:
In the UK alot of our supermarkets are becoming more accessible with trolleys (carts) that can be attached to wheelchair and and alot of stores including garden centers have there own wheelchairs for shopper's to use.

I think it's awesome. However only people who actually need it should use it. I wouldn't recommend using it for the sake of regression or being AB, as it is there for people who genuinely need it and I would feel guilty taking it from them just because I think it's fun. It's a great idea though, just not something us ABs should unnecessarily take advantage of

OfficialPastelPoppet said:
I think it's awesome. However only people who actually need it should use it. I wouldn't recommend using it for the sake of regression or being AB, as it is there for people who genuinely need it and I would feel guilty taking it from them just because I think it's fun. It's a great idea though, just not something us ABs should unnecessarily take advantage of

I thought of it that way to (note how I mentioned I knew I couldn't hop on and go grab a free cookie) just thought I should mention it to the community. Seriously. Good on target tho for taking a step

LilacCrinkle said:
I thought of it that way to (note how I mentioned I knew I couldn't hop on and go grab a free cookie) just thought I should mention it to the community. Seriously. Good on target tho for taking a step

Yeah :) Inclusive and accesable places are always awesome

Nothing against Little bABies. No law says we can't buy our own.:smile:

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Nothing against Little bABies. No law says we can't buy our own.:smile:

Where could you buy them? :D I would love an adult sized Little Tykes Cozy Coupe or something similar. Do you know where we can get one?

OfficialPastelPoppet said:
Where could you buy them? :D I would love an adult sized Little Tykes Cozy Coupe or something similar. Do you know where we can get one?
First thing I'd do, is call the company, and just ask what one Caroline's Cart costs.

Honestly, I'm not sure, if I were a disabled person's caretaker, I wouldn't just get one, and pack it, and my loved one, and that's all. It's so much less work, and, that way, I wouldn't have to worry which stores had them.

ABs and Littles wouldn't have to worry they were taking them from people who need them, because, if they had their own, they could each be like, "Yeah, Mine! Not yours, mine!":)

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
First thing I'd do, is call the company, and just ask what one Caroline's Cart costs.

Honestly, I'm not sure, if I were a disabled person's caretaker, I wouldn't just get one, and pack it, and my loved one, and that's all. It's so much less work, and, that way, I wouldn't have to worry which stores had them.

ABs and Littles wouldn't have to worry they were taking them from people who need them, because, if they had their own, they could each be like, "Yeah, Mine! Not yours, mine!":)

Honestly at that point I rather just get a stroller in our size. Honestly the only reason strollers in our size cost so much is because they are rarely bought. You could honestly easily make one in your house if you wanted. It really isn't that advance of technology.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:

Yeah I would love one :) I wonder if you could just buy the car bit but not the shopping cart? Because it would be cool to just have to Cozy Coupe on it's own. It would be interesting to contact them. I don't know if they would sell to individuals though, maybe they just sell to establishments?

kratox said:
Honestly at that point I rather just get a stroller in our size. Honestly the only reason strollers in our size cost so much is because they are rarely bought. You could honestly easily make one in your house if you wanted. It really isn't that advance of technology.
The thing is, the adult strollers are some pretty advanced technology. At least most of them, because of the lateral thoracic, and lateral thigh, supports that are needed. Just the hip positioning belts can be 4 point, just the seatbelts. Add that to an abductor wedge, to separate the knees, and 2 straps on each foot, and that's some tech, and I didn't even include a harness. In terms of esthetic, to me, they look like what they are, mobility equipment, because they're designed by rehab techs, but, granted, some of the jogger ones don't. If you want an adult stroller, adaptive mall is a good place. Just search, "adult stroller," and look for something with recline, as most baby strollers can do that.

I agree, for the average Little bABy, you could probably build something yourself. Something we want, that most don't, is something scaled to make us feel smaller.

Then that also raises the question, who's pushing the cart, and who's pushing you? Having a mommy and a daddy or some other 2 parent pair, would be nice.

Last edited:
I have seen these same carts at some Publix supermarkets in Florida.

pacibear said:
I have seen these same carts at some Publix supermarkets in Florida.

I live in Florida. In fact that is where I saw it. Target. Fort Myers here.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally someone else who lives on florida

LilacCrinkle said:
I live in Florida. In fact that is where I saw it. Target. Fort Myers here.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally someone else who lives on florida

i've seen on this awesome site propper ABDL car seats they're set up to resemble toddler carseats

BabyLeon said:
i've seen on this awesome site propper ABDL car seats they're set up to resemble toddler carseats

I'm interested. Link?
(Finally I can fall asleep in a car seat)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back