Fungal infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXERSORBRIEFS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello all
I just wanted to throw this out there. I work a very physical job outside. It has been very warm for some time now, with all of the sweating day after day. Though I haven't gotten a case of Jock itch for a few years. It showed up a few weeks ago. After treating it for two weeks, only semi successfully . I decided to wear overnight. I ended up in a very soaked diaper by morning. but kept it on while I had coffee and something to eat.
So the area that has been affected by the fungal infection had been wet for a number of hours. I am pretty sure that it had a positive effect. It seems to have cleared up overnight.
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Hmm..a fungal infection of what kind of fungus? I didn't hear anything back down here in lower America and its CONSTANTLY hot and humid. (I don't wear diapers longer than I have to and change as fast as I can upon wetting due to uti's (urinary tract infections) and occasionally chaffing. What are the side effects and is it something supposedly resulting in an order from the CDC to get a trace on specific areas experiencing such?

Many fungal infections are of the yeast type, it’s best to refrain from sugars, beer, and rich bread diets. A good fungal cream is good to use, when the area is wet it isn’t as Ichey, but it still won’t go away, when the skin dries out it gets ichy, that’s where the cream comes in handy.

It's not from wearing diapers. It is commonly called jock itch. Very common among athletes and hard working men. It is usually treated with an anti fungal cream, just like athletes foot. It is very common with the guys that I work with. It seems that I used to get it every summer but haven't for a free summers.

Agreed, wet diapers alone will not cause a fungal infection. However, I personally have found that they can actually make it worse every bit the same as a rash. That is, if left untreated.

It is also possible that the combination of your treating the infection, along with the ph change from your wet diaper, was just enough to finish clearing you up. I'm always diapered though, so I can't say if that's really what happened.

I recently had an infection as well. Started off treating it as any rash, but it just kept getting worse. Kept using my triple diaper cream, but switched from baby powder to the medicated zeasorb. It cleared up in two days.

I had a fungal infection a few years back but just thought it was normal diaper rash and was treating it with just normal diaper rash cream, then I found it could be a fungal infection, tried a different cream and it was gone after like 2 days.

I lightly powder in that area with Zeesorb AF, and use talc elsewhere. That helps keep the funk in check.

If I do get something going, I'll use an antifungal cream in the affected area overnight. The only drawback there is that MOST leak guards break down their adhesives when exposed to lotions of any sort for an extended time. (which can release elastic bands to dig into the tender skin)

I've got a really aggressive skin flora though, and I need to sprinkle that Zeesorb AF in between my toes before putting on my socks in the morning too.

Yeast is everywhere that people are, you are guaranteed to have some on your skin even after showering. It's just a matter of whether or not it can get a strong foothold and start growing in a concentrated patch. Yeast is like any other fungus, it thrives in damp, low-oxygen locations like sweaty skin folds.

I find diapers actually help prevent yeast issues in my crotch - the leak guards and leg gathers can serve as barriers to stop my skin from rubbing, trap in some of the talc and other powders that are trying to keep me from sweating so much, and protect my clothing from lotion if I need to use it down there. Before I was 24/7, it was actually a much bigger problem for me, so I can chalk it up as "one more legit reason for me to be wearing diapers 24/7"

I recently had a really bad yeast infection that broke out and was not responding to typical Zinc Oxide or other creams. I was dying. I went to the store and got a womans yeast infection kit that had a tube of cream and inserts that you are supposed to fill I guess. I threw away all but the cream and used it sparingly after drying off from a shower after washing well with Tea Tree soap. Then I would let it dry for a few minutes and apply calmoseptine and diaper up. Even in 110F+ temps and lots of walking in wet diapers, it cleared up in 3-4 days almost completely. it was gone in a week.

McKesson 4oz Antifungal Creme (2% Miconazole Nitrate)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272459115573https://www.ebay.com/itm/272459115573

$10 shipped. And not some 0.8oz dinky thing that will last one or two uses, this is a LARGE (4oz) tube. Good thing to keep on-hand.

Though anything you find at Walmart etc marked "Jock Itch" or "Athelete Foot" is probably going to be an effective treatment for yeast.

Use it as soon as you notice a problem, and KEEP using it for at least a day after the symptoms have gone away. (or it WILL come back, in as little as a few hours)

(I've never found just Zink Oxide to be useful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back