Parked car at a park at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Do you think they are up to no good?

Maybe they are doing drugs or gonna get freaky?

Maybe they are waiting for someone to spray graffiti or destroy property?

It seems really odd to me, I mean if they aren't up to no good or doing surveillance they could have went to the park basically any time during the day as it gets very low traffic (basically none) unless theres an event going on (like a Baseball game or fireworks).

*shrugs*

Who knows?

Maybe they're amateur astronomers? Maybe they're watching for nocturnal animals? Maybe they're homeless and sleep in their car?

CuddleWoozle said:
*shrugs*

Who knows?

Maybe they're amateur astronomers? Maybe they're watching for nocturnal animals? Maybe they're homeless and sleep in their car?

I guess it could be anything, it just seems weird that when it's about to get dark a car would be parked at a Park/Playground with nobody else around.

maybe they're just smoking mary jane. i did that a lot with my friend in his car because we couldn't do it at home for obvious reasons. heh..

The homeless option would be my first guess. Too drunk to drive but sober enough to know it...

It's best to call the police ESPECIALLY I'd it is repeated. If it does not feel right it probably isn't. Tell them suspicious activity, remain anonymous, and high tail it. Try not to get involved and whatever you do do not approach the vehicle and stay in well lit areas

I wouldn't worry about it, unless there's some extra reason to worry. Maybe it's the only time they aren't busy. Maybe they just needed to get away from home for a bit.

Probably just some youngsters having sex. If it really bothers you, call the police non-emergency number (311 where I live).

Yeah, I'm not gonna keep going back to the park to find out if the same car keeps showing up, I just thought it was odd that a couple of people would show up at a park/playground at night when they could have went at any time during the day because the park is almost never busy.

To me it kinda seems like it's not your business. Unless you see someone doing something wrong, it's kinda not your problem. I used to walk in the middle of the night just because I find its more peaceful at night plus thats when I was awake, I'd have been pretty pissed off if someone had called the cops on me for taking a walk. I mean I'd understand, I used to walk at like 2 in the morning, but it's still kind of a shitty thing to do unless the person looks really shady. For example: Multiple times when I used to walk the police patrolled the route I walked, so I'd often see police cars sitting or driving, I never once got stopped for walking at 2 am.

Sure, it could have been someone doing something wrong, or maybe it was someone in a bad way, I remember multiple times when I was younger my mother left my dad because of some of the emotional abuse he put her through, usually it was just for a couple of hours to make a point, she'd take my sister and I with her, it'd usually be at night too, sometimes we went to the park and sat there for a bit just to calm down.

So TL;DR it's not your business unless it looks like they're doing something wrong. ESPECIALLY if it's a place you don't visit at night often, for all you know this person visits the park every night at that same time.

And just to dispel the thought of "Just go during the day" some people work.

Last edited:
Most likely either smoking/drinking or getting some action :)

I've parked at a park at night to use a playground with friends in peace. There are a number of possible reasons, from innocent to nefarious.

As said earlier at this topic, probably just some youngsters having sex or smoking weed. I wouldn't call police.

If it's a public place you would generally not be at fault for either calling or not calling the police. In many towns there are specific laws that dictate when it is unlawful to be there. For example in the city I work in there is a city ordinance that explicitly prohibits either entry or remaining upon public recreation sites (except where camping is allowed) after 11pm and until 6am the next day. These laws also extend to towing at the vehicle owners expense as well. So it really is your call; if there is nothing obviously wrong I would not use the emergency number though.

I have done this many times, its a great place to think and wit no one around a great place for a good cry.

If it's just a guy sitting in a car, parks are often a good place for gay men to find each other. I've seen it many times when I was playing men's league softball. My son and I would go in the day to hit and catch, and there would always be some guy just sitting in a parked car, eye balling us.

There's a multitude of reasons. Homeless, abandoned car, drinking or doing drugs, having sex, waiting for someone, going out to commit a crime, there's so many things that it could be that I'd take down the internet listing them all. All I can say is, use your judgment. However, I was outside my house at 4 in the morning to bring my trash up (something went out that shouldn't have), and I got bum-rushed by my neighbor. That really pissed me off, even though he had good intentions. So if you think it's bad, call the police (not 911, the actual police number), and get out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back