Which plastic-backed diaper is the most "rubbery"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jock

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What's your choice for the most rubber-like plastic diaper? I remember that Attends brand diapers back in the 1990s had a very smooth, very soft and stretchy plastic-backing. I loved the feeling of those and haven't found anything that comes close to their rubbery feeling. They were as smooth and soft as warm butter and felt so great to wear. The plastic/rubber tore pretty easily, was quite transparent and were very quiet. Anyone?

Crinklz kind of have the rubbery shell, not quite like the old attends but closest thing to it. The old attends use to rock, gauze like bottom sheet, to that rubbery outside plastic shell, I do miss them.

I remeber those, yeah Criklz/Betterdry has a thin shell that is really smooth. Give them a try.

Abu PreSchool's plastic felt pretty rubbery to me.

Jock said:
What's your choice for the most rubber-like plastic diaper? I remember that Attends brand diapers back in the 1990s had a very smooth, very soft and stretchy plastic-backing. I loved the feeling of those and haven't found anything that comes close to their rubbery feeling. They were as smooth and soft as warm butter and felt so great to wear. The plastic/rubber tore pretty easily, was quite transparent and were very quiet. Anyone?
Attends were never quiet in any shape form or fashion. They were loud as heck just like the Depend fitted briefs of the same era.
Diapers back then were made to be put on and left on until they became full. That is why the plastic tore easily when you tried to refasten them. You had to learn real quick how to fasten your diapers properly the first time or keep wasting diapers and takes a bite out of your finances.

If the feel you are looking for is "thin and soft plastic shell", I'd suggest betterdry/crinklz or something from Tykables. XP Medical's Absorbency Plus are also that same thin and soft plastic shell.

I remember those attends diapers too - they weren't a particular product number (just BR20 like they've used for some time) but there were production runs of them. I did a bit of research and found these were made with Polyethylene LLDPE (stretch film or wrap film.)

Sadly, I've never found another like that since then. I've responded in a reddit where manufacturers / resellers of adult products were looking for product ideas. I can only hope someone picks up on this, I'm pretty sure other would love this sort of product.

The original "green" DEPEND adult diapers were plastic-backed, and the texture was very crinkly.
The latest plastic-backed DEPEND diapers crinkle less, but they still crinkle.

Attends ar my go-to diaper the waistband plastic backed smooth and soft. P-G stopped making adult diapers.try Northshore.

If only they made an adult version of the Luvs Deluxe from the late 80s. The plastic cover is so dense its vinyl like.

I'm really starting to like Vintage Depends and currently have on an depend overnight. The loud crinkle just announces "DIAPER" every time i move. The padding is super soft and the cut helps keep things snug and tight.

Like others have mentioned - Attends are great!

I haven’t worn them in a long time but the diaper I would say has the most “rubbery” backing was molicare

ABU Space always feel rubbery to me (Pawz/Simples not so much.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back