Not open for further replies.

Wuggle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hey guys, I need your advice. Some of you will remember the post I made about my gradual onset bowel incontinence a few months ago. I took the advice you all gave me after visiting my doctor and bought some diapers. I got cheap grocery store pull-ups because I was hoping not to need them for long, but it’s since become clear that this won’t be going away for a while. Given this, I need to upgrade, because the pull-ups I’m using now suck, as store brands usually do. I’d like to order some online, maybe from north shore or somewhere, but I need help knowing what to get. I’d like something thin and discreet, since they won’t get wet and don’t need a lot of absorbency, I also prefer pull-ups to tabs, at least while out in public, because they’re easier to change. I’m very small, 90 lbs with a 28 inch waist. Can anyone make any recommendations?

Try Molicare brand. They are thin and not very expensive, but will still do a good job even if you do wet. And their leg guards seal is pretty good, as well.
Others will probably recommend something else, though.

Last edited:
I’d reccomend molicare as well, I’ve used their pull ups and their tape diapers and their pull ups are decent, depending on how heavy your bowel issues are taped ones would be better even if they’re less discreet, I’ve been wearing pull ups until recently when it my bowel incontinence heavier and the leg guards help so much on the taps ones.

First of al i agree with the molicare as thats what i use as well (haven't had ONE leak yet ) , Second im afraid that pull ups are NOT suitable for Fecal Ic im afraid so sadly im afraid you need to try to accept its the taped that you need dear & you'd be surprised how much moist that also can come out with nr 2 my dear + sadly it's not uncommon that urine Ic is sooner or later added to youre problems im afraid so i would strongly recommend some that have great moist suction abilities as well ad to this i would also recommend some Puk pants when youre out to further reduce the risk of both smell and possible leaks as well & lastly change as soon as possible with every Bm do NOT wait to long as you risk both nasty diaper rash as well as high risk of embarrassing leaks or smell (if you look at my sig you see what i use for my double Ic )

For bowel issues forget pullups they are not designed for bowel issues only very light bladder issues, I wear Betterdry diapers the have the tallest guards and have contained my worst bowel accident. I know taped diapers are hard to accept at first but believe me after 4 years of with incontinence issues I would never use or recommend any thing else but a premium taped diaper.

Ask your self a very important question whats worse being in a thicker tapped diaper that will contain your accident or a thinner pullup that will leak and allow fecal matter to fall out while you walk to the bathroom to change and clean up.

Pullups are just a bad idea for any one with any incontinence issues worse then a slight dribble.

Yeah, Molicare is a pretty good diaper for those that want thin, yet still reasonably capable; not to mention they are also quite reasonably cheap.

Northshore supreme light are a good choice. I wouldn't trust pullups for much of anything. Also once you learn how to regular diapers are easier to change when having to use a public restroom.

Okay, thanks guys, I really appreciate all your help. Guess I’m just going to have to learn to tape on a diaper in a public bathroom. I like the idea of the airpremiums with their Velcro tabs. Can anyone comment on the breathability of specific brands? The pull-ups I’m using now sweat like crazy in the summer heat.

I think I’m wearing plastic backed, it feels plastic, I think they’re tena always discreet or something.

Pullups are harder to change in public since you need to take off your pants and shoes to put a new one on. As previously mentioned, they are not very good for containing bowel movements either.

Tabbed diapers is definitely the way to go. There are the cloth like disposables which are quiet and very easy to change and retape/adjust. They are still breathable, but that means they are not as good for containing bm smells. They are ok as long as you change quickly though. Lastly plastic tapped diapers will be your best bet for containing smells. However, they are louder when changing them, and often only have second chance tapes fo you can only retale them once.

cloth backed wont help as much with odor, they'll still help more as you can get a snugger fit though.

All right, your advice has been very helpful everyone, thank you. I went to northshore and found some tabbed airpremiums that seem like they'll work. I'll test them out and report back, and I'll probably experiment with a few more brands too just to see what I like. It's going to be interesting getting used to wearing "real diapers" out in public, but that beats sitting around at home all day. Continued suggestions are always welcome as I continue my experimentation.

I have ordered thru North shore, and also diapers buys they both have a good selection to choose from. Pull ups are not that good for bowel movements like others have said. I wear the tranquility atn as my main diaper. I have also worn the Abena M4, and other brands. Make sure you get the plastic outer cover vs the cloth outer cover. Plus a diaper is a lot easier to change while out in public vs a Pull up.

The cloth vs plastic backed info is very useful. It makes sense to have a variety to fit different situations. I’m getting a little concerned that Missy1 may have been right when she said generally there is a high correlation between bowel and bladder IC. I’ve been noticing the past few days that my bladder urgency and voiding frequency are increasing. I’ve never wet, but I find myself needing to go a lot more frequently than I used to. Something else that’s new is that when I wake up in the mornings I have to go so bad that my bladder hurts, which has never happened before. I used to wake up, know I had to go, and fall back to sleep for a couple more hours. Does anyone know why IBS D causes bladder issues? I don’t want to use my diapers on purpose when I’m out, but I almost did today because I was driving through the mountains and suddenly realised I had to pee a lot and holding it was super uncomfortable. I’m kind of worried and not sure what to do.

If you didn't need them to be thin I would definitely recommend Abena diapers, you can wet in them multiple times without fear of leaks.

Wuggle said:
The cloth vs plastic backed info is very useful. It makes sense to have a variety to fit different situations. I’m getting a little concerned that Missy1 may have been right when she said generally there is a high correlation between bowel and bladder IC. I’ve been noticing the past few days that my bladder urgency and voiding frequency are increasing. I’ve never wet, but I find myself needing to go a lot more frequently than I used to. Something else that’s new is that when I wake up in the mornings I have to go so bad that my bladder hurts, which has never happened before. I used to wake up, know I had to go, and fall back to sleep for a couple more hours. Does anyone know why IBS D causes bladder issues? I don’t want to use my diapers on purpose when I’m out, but I almost did today because I was driving through the mountains and suddenly realised I had to pee a lot and holding it was super uncomfortable. I’m kind of worried and not sure what to do.

Im afraid that youre describing more or less were i am this days with the urine dear ad to that when i DO have to go its seconds and then .......... both for nr 1 as well as nr 2

You really SHOULD try to get used and ACCEPT the fact that you sadly do need to be diapered 24/ 7 dear cause i can promise ONE day it WILL probably also start to leek or burst out urine as well as youre describing things.

Check this link out https://www.epainassist.com/irritable-bowel-syndrome/can-irritable-bowel-syndrome-affect-your-bladder

Missy1 said:
Im afraid that youre describing more or less were i am this days with the urine dear ad to that when i DO have to go its seconds and then .......... both for nr 1 as well as nr 2

You really SHOULD try to get used and ACCEPT the fact that you sadly do need to be diapered 24/ 7 dear cause i can promise ONE day it WILL probably also start to leek or burst out urine as well as youre describing things.

Check this link out https://www.epainassist.com/irritable-bowel-syndrome/can-irritable-bowel-syndrome-affect-your-bladder

Oh geez, that doesn't sound good! It's a lot to process. I'm only 25, I never expected to be dependent on diapers for the rest of my life. I'm pretty sure the IBS caused a large mass of hard stool to press against my vagus nerve and make me almost pass out this past week too. I was fine one second, and the next, I got a massive, very painful cramp, and my eyes got stars, my hearing dropped out and everything was muffled, I got hot and cold flashes, and I would have collapsed if I hadn't sat down when I did. I've fainted before, so I remember what it feels like. I've got another appointment with my GP in a couple of weeks, so I'll have to bring all this new stuff up with her too. Yippee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back