I nearly died of embarrassment!..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elenwen

Est. Contributor
Today I had probably the most embarrassing and humiliating situation in years! I never even thought something like this is possible around my place!..

I had an MRI (for monitoring purposes) today, so I came to the hospital and the nurse kind of checked me in, got my illness history and such. Then I had to be checked — blood pressure, pulse, heart, breathing and so on, the usual stuff, so I was told to undress, but they let me keep my underwear and my T-shirt. Next the nurse was supposed to lead me to the MRI room, which was just next door along the corridor. It was a long ride to the hospital, so I was visibly wet, but not too wet and so I asked if I should change. The nurse said it's not necessary, unless I needed it. She also told me I could leave my clothes in that room, as she'll need me to return there after the procedure. That part of the hospital is usually deserted and I had my T-shirt on, so I figured I'll be all right, since it's just a few seconds walk along the corridor...
And then there were those two middle-aged ladies! One of them saw me, nudged the other and nodded towards me, whispering and then they were both, like, "Aww, cute!", giggling, smiling at me kind of encouragingly or something...
I really don't know, how I didn't burn to ash at that very same moment. I know I was tomato-red, when I entered the MRI room, so that the operator even had to ask if I was all right. They weren't there on the way back, for which I'm really thankful...
Now, looking back, I don't even understand, why I felt so embarrassed. I don't really mind being seen like that, but it was something different, I don't know...
Anyway, thanks for reading this, I just needed to tell about it...

Last edited:
Wow, sounds embarrassing! But just remember: You will probably never see them again, and they will forget about it sooner or later. Do you think they noticed that you were wet?

Pika123 said:
Wow, sounds embarrassing! But just remember: You will probably never see them again, and they will forget about it sooner or later. Do you think they noticed that you were wet?
I don't know, if they noticed that, but my diaper was certainly pretty obvious... [emoji21]

What kind of hospital has you take clothes off and doesn’t put you in a gown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squishypants said:
What kind of hospital has you take clothes off and doesn’t put you in a gown?

Pretty much any hospital, where you don't have to stay at. Well, at least, that's how it is around here. I was there for a checkup, a short visit, so to speak.

Back in my walking days I can't begin to tell you how many hallways I walked diapered for God and everyone ,but i wasn't out of place or any different we were all diapered we were all trained at the same time .after every meal we were changed given suppositories and rested ,an hour and fifteen minutes later you were changed cleaned re diapered and then back to PT or OT , we did that seven hours a day of therapy 5 days a week ,weekends we played cards watched movies between eating and toileting,every shift was 2 nurses per patient , the unit was locked we could get out but nobody could get lost and walkin , only at assigned times could visitors come ,so as to not interfere with our therapy time .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Awww poor thing x and also yeah at some hospitals it’s like that, I’ve had multiple MRI’s and at my hospital there’s a changing room and then you have to walk out the door and turn into the MRI room, you don’t have to wear a gown but they typically have them stacked in the changing room for comfort.

If it makes you feel better I was in the mall a awhile ago and I messed myself my partner could tell and said jokingly aww did you have another accident? then in front of everyone walking past come on we better go change your nappy they were talking quietly but a group of guys heard and I heard them going lol wtf.

I was literally so embarrassed

I've never had to walk in the hall in just a diaper either. They either have gowns or in my case the last time, since I'd worn sweats that had no metal in them, I didn't even have to undress.

Ihatecrohns said:
Awww poor thing x and also yeah at some hospitals it’s like that, I’ve had multiple MRI’s and at my hospital there’s a changing room and then you have to walk out the door and turn into the MRI room, you don’t have to wear a gown but they typically have them stacked in the changing room for comfort.

If it makes you feel better I was in the mall a awhile ago and I messed myself my partner could tell and said jokingly aww did you have another accident? then in front of everyone walking past come on we better go change your nappy they were talking quietly but a group of guys heard and I heard them going lol wtf.

I was literally so embarrassed

Thanks for sharing... It's always hard, when strangers overhear things like that. And many people don't understand this, either, openly saying things, like your partner there.
But still, I'm pretty used to all kinds of situations and I'd have probably not even payed those ladies any attention, if they just kept quiet. But that reaction of theirs! Oh my god, even just remembering makes me blush again!..

Yeah I don't get why they expect you to walk in a public area where other people may see you with your underwear exposed. That would make me super uncomfortable.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Yeah I don't get why they expect you to walk in a public area where other people may see you with your underwear exposed. That would make me super uncomfortable.
Well, it's kind of how things are around here. Can't say they always do it, but it's not uncommon, either. Plus, I could have put my jeans back on, but thought I'd save myself the trouble and... there you go, that's what you get for being lazy!.. [emoji28]

If I have to get scans or something done and I know ahead of time, I actually have my "Doctor Pants", which are a pair of sweatpants that have been time-tested to allow for comfort and non-removal of clothing at the hospital. :laugh:

I probably would have run away and hid underneath something. Possibly sobbing in horror and vowing to never again venture into the outside world. LOL Maybe not that extreme, but I am really bugged by taking off clothing when other people might see me.

(That being said, I can change out of a sweatshirt and into a t-shirt in the car with no one seeing anything. T-shirt goes over top, suck in arms one at a time, pull the sweatshirt up over arms but keep the t-shirt down, then pop the arms out of the t-shirt. After that you just pop the sweatshirt off over your head and pull it out through the neck-hole of the t-shirt or back down through the t-shirt. LOL It's like a crazy dance, but it works for me.)

CuddleWoozle said:
It's like a crazy dance, but it works for me.

Oh, yes, I know this "dance". [emoji38]
When I was little, mom used to do the same, if (when [emoji1]) my clothes got too dirty or wet and cold or something. I always got into some kind of "adventure" every time we went for a walk back then and mom always had spare clothes, be it summer or winter...

It sucks that there’s such a stigma around adult diapers I mean some people need them to live a normal life, I literally wouldn’t be able to leave the house without them, and then there’s people that just like them.

Imagine if theee wasn’t a stigma, companies would stop trying to make things “concealable” and “thin” which causes leaks and we could just get some proper thick diapers for incontinence.

Don't let them get to you, I'm sorry you had that experience. People are incredibly disrespectful sometimes and would rather point and laugh rather than take it matter of factly. They are just meanies.

LilacCrinkle said:
Don't let them get to you, I'm sorry you had that experience. People are incredibly disrespectful sometimes and would rather point and laugh rather than take it matter of factly. They are just meanies.
It wouldn't have been that bad if they just laughed, I've had that kind of reaction lots of times and I don't care much. But this time it felt like... I don't know... There was this atmosphere of "Oh, look at this, isn't she adorable?" kind of approach and that I'm not used to! [emoji43]

I surprised the hospital did not give you a gown for the MRI even if its just the technician and your self in the room never mind having to cross a hall. the odds are this is not the only time you will be seen in a diaper out in public especially at a hospital.

Rob110 said:
I surprised the hospital did not give you a gown for the MRI even if its just the technician and your self in the room never mind having to cross a hall. the odds are this is not the only time you will be seen in a diaper out in public especially at a hospital.
It looks like it's just not the custom to give gowns in our hospitals. I've been to the MRI once before (but it was in a different hospital and I got undressed in the same room where that apparatus stood) and I've had lots of other checkups and tests, that required me to be even completely naked and I never once was offered a gown. So that's not really a surprise to me.

A few years back I had gone in for X-rays on my lower back, I was given a gown to wear from the changing room to the X-ray room, once in the room asked to remove the gown to take the X-ray, standing there waiting I wet my diaper, lab tech said no problem as it was lower than the part of my spine they needed pictures of. I got to see the film and you could clearly make out the outline of the diaper was wearing, tapes and all.
I thought it mighty suspicious that I was taken back to the changing room without out being given the gown to wear but I did not care if anyone saw me in only a diaper even if it was wet.
Results of X-rays was a ruptured disk and a Herniated disk in my lower spine.

lonnie said:
A few years back I had gone in for X-rays on my lower back, I was given a gown to wear from the changing room to the X-ray room, once in the room asked to remove the gown to take the X-ray, standing there waiting I wet my diaper, lab tech said no problem as it was lower than the part of my spine they needed pictures of. I got to see the film and you could clearly make out the outline of the diaper was wearing, tapes and all.
I thought it mighty suspicious that I was taken back to the changing room without out being given the gown to wear but I did not care if anyone saw me in only a diaper even if it was wet.
Results of X-rays was a ruptured disk and a Herniated disk in my lower spine.
Oh, the whole experience sounds... not very nice, including the results of an X-ray...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back