Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: New AB/DL diaper on the market - Bumooza

  1. #41

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Poofybutt View Post
    Also, not fond of the name. I know it's trying to be childlike and cute, but when I first read it in the thread title and on the website, I thought it said Bumooze... Bum Ooze... two words you usually don't want next to one another
    Yup.



    Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    Also not a fan of the "Ooza" part of the name...but that might just be because I was psychologically scarred as a child by the Smooze on My Little Pony. )

    Also made me think of this quote from Ratatouille:

    Linguini: "Ratatouille! It's like a stew, right? Why do they call it that? If you're gonna name a food, you should give it a name that sounds delicious! "Ratatouille" doesn't sound delicious. It sounds like "rat" and "patootie". Rat-patootie...which does not sound delicious."
    Indeed!

    Yeah, the name "Bumooza" is just way off target (although I wish them well). Self-deprecation humor isn't a good naming strategy for a real diaper company. It's more like SNL Fodder. Names matter! Still, if "Bumooza" offends my naming sensibilities, at least it does so with the directness and finality of a head-on car wreck. Not at all like "Tykables," a mystifying portmanteau of a dated term for "small child" and an as-yet-undisclosed word ending in "ables." WTF? I can only conclude from these examples that coming up with diaper company names is hard. I'd suggest crowdsourcing them, but then we'd probably get a company named Diapery McDiaperface and be back where we started.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 4 Days Ago at 04:58.

  2. #42

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Yup.



    Indeed!

    Yeah, the name "Bumooza" is just way off target (although I wish them well). Self-deprecation humor isn't a good naming strategy for a real diaper company. It's more like SNL Fodder. Names matter! Still, if "Bumooza" offends my naming sensibilities, at least it does so with the directness and finality of a head-on car wreck. Not at all like "Tykables," a mystifying portmanteau of a dated term for "small child" and an as-yet-undisclosed word ending in "ables." WTF? I can only conclude from these examples that coming up with diaper company names is hard. I'd suggest crowdsourcing them, but then we'd probably get a company named Diapery McDiaperface and be back where we started.

  3. #43

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Yup.
    Yeah, the name "Bumooza" is just way off target (although I wish them well). Self-deprecation humor isn't a good naming strategy for a real diaper company.
    I hear you, the moment someone pointed it out was a forehead slapping moment - the connection hadn't even crossed my mind.



    Not at all like "Tykables," a mystifying portmanteau of a dated term for "small child" and an as-yet-undisclosed word ending in "ables." WTF? I can only conclude from these examples that coming up with diaper company names is hard. I'd suggest crowdsourcing them, but then we'd probably get a company named Diapery McDiaperface and be back where we started.
    I legitimately laughed out loud there. I'm actually kind of disappointed I didn't just go with that!

    Take care,
    -Guy

  4. #44

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BumoozaOfficial View Post
    I hear you, the moment someone pointed it out was a forehead slapping moment - the connection hadn't even crossed my mind.
    Sound like you almost crapped yourself? That's no longer a problem when protected by the Bumooza! Hahaha, hey it could catch on!

  5. #45

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by RepaidazeD View Post
    Sound like you almost crapped yourself? That's no longer a problem when protected by the Bumooza! Hahaha, hey it could catch on!
    "I shipped my pants!" Lol!

  6. #46

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ozziebee View Post
    Let's talk about quality. Define form me what you mean by quality? Is it a measure whereby all of the product has four tapes, and has the specified amount of sap/pulp/filling?
    Here's the quality control I'm looking for, in order of concern:

    1) tapes attached properly
    - not missing
    - in the correct location
    - attached straight, not turned at an angle or too far out or in
    - tapes not peeled back a bit and attached to some other part of the diaper during the folding process

    2) padding cut properly
    - no areas of thin or missing padding
    - no padding outside the designated area (often ends up getting cut by the shell stamper, leading to exposed padding and leaks)

    3) no pinholes from sap granules pressed against the shell

    I can't really think of other problems that occur with any regularity. Tape issues are really the most common problem I see by far. I've gone through a lot of diapers over the years, and I've seen maybe 1/2 a dozen "end of roll" diapers that had two fronts or two backs (and 8 tapes!), those were very weird indeed

  7. #47

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Here's the quality control I'm looking for, in order of concern:

    I can't really think of other problems that occur with any regularity. Tape issues are really the most common problem I see by far. I've gone through a lot of diapers over the years, and I've seen maybe 1/2 a dozen "end of roll" diapers that had two fronts or two backs (and 8 tapes!), those were very weird indeed
    That's interesting! I've never heard of (or seen) a diaper ending up with 8 tapes. I haven't seen every diaper that rolled off the production line, but I'm hoping this doesn't happen

    Also, sending you a PM.

    Take care,
    -Guy

  8. #48

    Default

    What do you call a diaper with eight tapes?

    OCTOPADDING

    BA-DUM-DUM-TISH!

    I will see myself out.

  9. #49

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BumoozaOfficial View Post
    That's interesting! I've never heard of (or seen) a diaper ending up with 8 tapes.

    Would have been rather "fitting" if it were the Rearz diaper with the octopus.


    update: ARG. I didn't refresh and was beat to the "pun"ch.

Similar Threads

  1. What's the best diaper currently on the market?
    By GlitchedWolf in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-Aug-2016, 01:41
  2. The Adult Diaper Market Is About to Take Off
    By WildBlueCrinkle in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-Mar-2016, 23:26
  3. New printed diaper on the market.
    By Blacksmith in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-Mar-2013, 23:12
  4. New printed diaper on the market. what would you like?
    By Blacksmith in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 30-May-2012, 00:22
  5. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 05-Oct-2008, 11:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.