Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New AB/DL diaper on the market - Bumooza

Quote Originally Posted by Poofybutt View Post
    Also, not fond of the name. I know it's trying to be childlike and cute, but when I first read it in the thread title and on the website, I thought it said Bumooze... Bum Ooze... two words you usually don't want next to one another
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    Also not a fan of the "Ooza" part of the name...but that might just be because I was psychologically scarred as a child by the Smooze on My Little Pony. )

Also made me think of this quote from Ratatouille:

Linguini: "Ratatouille! It's like a stew, right? Why do they call it that? If you're gonna name a food, you should give it a name that sounds delicious! "Ratatouille" doesn't sound delicious. It sounds like "rat" and "patootie". Rat-patootie...which does not sound delicious."
    Indeed!

Yeah, the name "Bumooza" is just way off target (although I wish them well). Self-deprecation humor isn't a good naming strategy for a real diaper company. It's more like SNL Fodder. Names matter! Still, if "Bumooza" offends my naming sensibilities, at least it does so with the directness and finality of a head-on car wreck. Not at all like "Tykables," a mystifying portmanteau of a dated term for "small child" and an as-yet-undisclosed word ending in "ables." WTF? I can only conclude from these examples that coming up with diaper company names is hard. I'd suggest crowdsourcing them, but then we'd probably get a company named Diapery McDiaperface and be back where we started.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 4 Days Ago at 04:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Yup.

Indeed!

Yeah, the name "Bumooza" is just way off target (although I wish them well). Self-deprecation humor isn't a good naming strategy for a real diaper company. It's more like SNL Fodder. Names matter! Still, if "Bumooza" offends my naming sensibilities, at least it does so with the directness and finality of a head-on car wreck. Not at all like "Tykables," a mystifying portmanteau of a dated term for "small child" and an as-yet-undisclosed word ending in "ables." WTF? I can only conclude from these examples that coming up with diaper company names is hard. I'd suggest crowdsourcing them, but then we'd probably get a company named Diapery McDiaperface and be back where we started.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Yup.
    Yeah, the name "Bumooza" is just way off target (although I wish them well). Self-deprecation humor isn't a good naming strategy for a real diaper company.
    I hear you, the moment someone pointed it out was a forehead slapping moment - the connection hadn't even crossed my mind.

Not at all like "Tykables," a mystifying portmanteau of a dated term for "small child" and an as-yet-undisclosed word ending in "ables." WTF? I can only conclude from these examples that coming up with diaper company names is hard. I'd suggest crowdsourcing them, but then we'd probably get a company named Diapery McDiaperface and be back where we started.
    I legitimately laughed out loud there. I'm actually kind of disappointed I didn't just go with that!

Take care,
    -Guy

Quote Originally Posted by BumoozaOfficial View Post
    I hear you, the moment someone pointed it out was a forehead slapping moment - the connection hadn't even crossed my mind.
    Sound like you almost crapped yourself? That's no longer a problem when protected by the Bumooza! Hahaha, hey it could catch on!

Quote Originally Posted by RepaidazeD View Post
    Sound like you almost crapped yourself? That's no longer a problem when protected by the Bumooza! Hahaha, hey it could catch on!
    "I shipped my pants!" Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ozziebee View Post
    Let's talk about quality. Define form me what you mean by quality? Is it a measure whereby all of the product has four tapes, and has the specified amount of sap/pulp/filling?
    Here's the quality control I'm looking for, in order of concern:

1) tapes attached properly
    - not missing
    - in the correct location
    - attached straight, not turned at an angle or too far out or in
    - tapes not peeled back a bit and attached to some other part of the diaper during the folding process

2) padding cut properly
    - no areas of thin or missing padding
    - no padding outside the designated area (often ends up getting cut by the shell stamper, leading to exposed padding and leaks)

3) no pinholes from sap granules pressed against the shell

I can't really think of other problems that occur with any regularity. Tape issues are really the most common problem I see by far. I've gone through a lot of diapers over the years, and I've seen maybe 1/2 a dozen "end of roll" diapers that had two fronts or two backs (and 8 tapes!), those were very weird indeed

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Here's the quality control I'm looking for, in order of concern:

I can't really think of other problems that occur with any regularity. Tape issues are really the most common problem I see by far. I've gone through a lot of diapers over the years, and I've seen maybe 1/2 a dozen "end of roll" diapers that had two fronts or two backs (and 8 tapes!), those were very weird indeed
    That's interesting! I've never heard of (or seen) a diaper ending up with 8 tapes. I haven't seen every diaper that rolled off the production line, but I'm hoping this doesn't happen

Also, sending you a PM.

Take care,
    -Guy

What do you call a diaper with eight tapes?

OCTOPADDING

BA-DUM-DUM-TISH!

I will see myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by BumoozaOfficial View Post
    That's interesting! I've never heard of (or seen) a diaper ending up with 8 tapes.

Would have been rather "fitting" if it were the Rearz diaper with the octopus.

update: ARG. I didn't refresh and was beat to the "pun"ch.