New AB/DL diaper on the market - Bumooza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poofybutt said:
Also, not fond of the name. I know it's trying to be childlike and cute, but when I first read it in the thread title and on the website, I thought it said Bumooze... Bum Ooze... two words you usually don't want next to one another :laugh:

Yup.

CuddleWoozle said:
Also not a fan of the "Ooza" part of the name...but that might just be because I was psychologically scarred as a child by the Smooze on My Little Pony. :laugh:)

Also made me think of this quote from Ratatouille:

Linguini: "Ratatouille! It's like a stew, right? Why do they call it that? If you're gonna name a food, you should give it a name that sounds delicious! "Ratatouille" doesn't sound delicious. It sounds like "rat" and "patootie". Rat-patootie...which does not sound delicious."

Indeed!

Yeah, the name "Bumooza" is just way off target (although I wish them well). Self-deprecation humor isn't a good naming strategy for a real diaper company. It's more like SNL Fodder. Names matter! Still, if "Bumooza" offends my naming sensibilities, at least it does so with the directness and finality of a head-on car wreck. Not at all like "Tykables," a mystifying portmanteau of a dated term for "small child" and an as-yet-undisclosed word ending in "ables." WTF? I can only conclude from these examples that coming up with diaper company names is hard. I'd suggest crowdsourcing them, but then we'd probably get a company named Diapery McDiaperface and be back where we started.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Yup.

Indeed!

Yeah, the name "Bumooza" is just way off target (although I wish them well). Self-deprecation humor isn't a good naming strategy for a real diaper company. It's more like SNL Fodder. Names matter! Still, if "Bumooza" offends my naming sensibilities, at least it does so with the directness and finality of a head-on car wreck. Not at all like "Tykables," a mystifying portmanteau of a dated term for "small child" and an as-yet-undisclosed word ending in "ables." WTF? I can only conclude from these examples that coming up with diaper company names is hard. I'd suggest crowdsourcing them, but then we'd probably get a company named Diapery McDiaperface and be back where we started.

57a.jpg

Cottontail said:
Yup.
Yeah, the name "Bumooza" is just way off target (although I wish them well). Self-deprecation humor isn't a good naming strategy for a real diaper company.
I hear you, the moment someone pointed it out was a forehead slapping moment - the connection hadn't even crossed my mind.

Not at all like "Tykables," a mystifying portmanteau of a dated term for "small child" and an as-yet-undisclosed word ending in "ables." WTF? I can only conclude from these examples that coming up with diaper company names is hard. I'd suggest crowdsourcing them, but then we'd probably get a company named Diapery McDiaperface and be back where we started.

I legitimately laughed out loud there. I'm actually kind of disappointed I didn't just go with that! :worshippy:

Take care,
-Guy

BumoozaOfficial said:
I hear you, the moment someone pointed it out was a forehead slapping moment - the connection hadn't even crossed my mind.

Sound like you almost crapped yourself? That's no longer a problem when protected by the Bumooza! Hahaha, hey it could catch on!

RepaidazeD said:
Sound like you almost crapped yourself? That's no longer a problem when protected by the Bumooza! Hahaha, hey it could catch on!

"I shipped my pants!" Lol!

ozziebee said:
Let's talk about quality. Define form me what you mean by quality? Is it a measure whereby all of the product has four tapes, and has the specified amount of sap/pulp/filling?

Here's the quality control I'm looking for, in order of concern:

1) tapes attached properly
- not missing
- in the correct location
- attached straight, not turned at an angle or too far out or in
- tapes not peeled back a bit and attached to some other part of the diaper during the folding process

2) padding cut properly
- no areas of thin or missing padding
- no padding outside the designated area (often ends up getting cut by the shell stamper, leading to exposed padding and leaks)

3) no pinholes from sap granules pressed against the shell

I can't really think of other problems that occur with any regularity. Tape issues are really the most common problem I see by far. I've gone through a lot of diapers over the years, and I've seen maybe 1/2 a dozen "end of roll" diapers that had two fronts or two backs (and 8 tapes!), those were very weird indeed

bambinod said:
Here's the quality control I'm looking for, in order of concern:

I can't really think of other problems that occur with any regularity. Tape issues are really the most common problem I see by far. I've gone through a lot of diapers over the years, and I've seen maybe 1/2 a dozen "end of roll" diapers that had two fronts or two backs (and 8 tapes!), those were very weird indeed

That's interesting! I've never heard of (or seen) a diaper ending up with 8 tapes. I haven't seen every diaper that rolled off the production line, but I'm hoping this doesn't happen :biggrin:

Also, sending you a PM.

Take care,
-Guy

What do you call a diaper with eight tapes?

OCTOPADDING

BA-DUM-DUM-TISH!

I will see myself out.

BumoozaOfficial said:
That's interesting! I've never heard of (or seen) a diaper ending up with 8 tapes.

Would have been rather "fitting" if it were the Rearz diaper with the octopus.

update: ARG. I didn't refresh and was beat to the "pun"ch.

CuddleWoozle said:
What do you call a diaper with eight tapes?

OCTOPADDING

BA-DUM-DUM-TISH!

I will see myself out.

Ha!

- - - Updated - - -

RepaidazeD said:
Would have been rather "fitting" if it were the Rearz diaper with the octopus.

update: ARG. I didn't refresh and was beat to the "pun"ch.

Great minds think alike I see ;)

Take care all,
- Guy

NeverKnow said:
I received my package today. I am excited to try them, but unfortunately right after they arrived my brother (the same who asked me a couple weeks ago “Are you limping?”) arrived home early. Hopefully he’s going back out but it doesn’t seem likely.

They look good. The shell has a very fine texture that I haven’t seen before. If you look closely you can see a small grid, as it were.There is double elastic in the leak guards. The tapes look like they’re spaced nicely. By looking at it I would guess they run a little small but that can be hard to tell definitively until you try them.

The print honestly has grown on me. The animals are cute and the artwork is good. It isn’t perfect but at a glance they do look pretty babyish, which is what you want.

The shipping label is very discreet; I didn’t look too closely but I think it was just an address. If it said “BZSHOP” then you wouldn’t have noticed at a glance. However the packaging, at least for the single packs, is not ideal. The diapers were slightly too big so you could see the bag. However, only the label was showing, in particular the “this bag is not a toy” warning label. You couldn’t tell that they were diapers.

Again, hopefully my opportunity to try them will come soon.

Looking forward to this review. I haven't had the want to try a new diaper in a while but maybe I'll try these one day

NeverKnow said:
The print honestly has grown on me. The animals are cute and the artwork is good. It isn’t perfect but at a glance they do look pretty babyish, which is what you want.

Glad to hear it!

NeverKnow said:
The shipping label is very discreet; I didn’t look too closely but I think it was just an address. If it said “BZSHOP” then you wouldn’t have noticed at a glance. However the packaging, at least for the single packs, is not ideal. The diapers were slightly too big so you could see the bag. However, only the label was showing, in particular the “this bag is not a toy” warning label. You couldn’t tell that they were diapers.

Would you be able to take a picture of this? I want to see how it would have been shipped to you so that I can suggest an improvement to my distributor. Was it a problem with the dimensions to the box? What improvements do you suggest? Thank you for this feedback, it is extremely valuable.

Anyways, I am looking forward to hearing your opinion of the product! Thanks for updating the thread.

Take care,
-Guy

NeverKnow said:
However, I did manage to get one of these things on and my first impression is that they’re great, and they fit me very well. If they hold up over time I expect they’ll be a staple for me. And I really like the shade of blue.

Thank you! I'm very happy to hear this feedback. I'm glad you enjoy them.

Take care,
-Guy

Best of luck!

Cottontail said:
Not at all like "Tykables," a mystifying portmanteau of a dated term for "small child" and an as-yet-undisclosed word ending in "ables." WTF?

the Sufex able means "having the qualities of." Tykables broken down mean "Like a Tyke" or "Having the qualities of a tyke/kid/child."

https://twitter.com/tykables/status/659866140924116992

Hope that explains our name for you. :)

Is anybody going to provide a good review of these? I’d like to know whether they are good enough to order now or should wait for improvements on a second run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back