Not open for further replies.

LilacCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I personally love coddling.

Like "awwww...you look so sweepy laying there" or "I think someone needs to go to bed" (hinting at a bedtime) or "I think someone is a bit squis..." Okay you get the point.

So anyway a lot of people are annoyed about that but the idea goes as that apparently whenever I hear it (even if another animal) I kinda get slightly jealous. Same thing goes for If someone throws a toy. I might have the split second urge to go get it when encouraged.

If you hear coddling, are you thrown in little space or would you rather throw the person trying to do it? Whats your thoughts on the matter?

Isn't that called cooing? I thought coddling was like spoiling, but I might be wrong, English isn't my first language.

Anyway, whatever it's called, I love it! I have a friend who sometimes talks to me like that, and it definitely makes me feel super Little. I can't relate to the toy throwing thing, but I will definitely be alert if someone shakes a rattle ^^

Schwanensee said:
Isn't that called cooing? I thought coddling was like spoiling, but I might be wrong, English isn't my first language.

Anyway, whatever it's called, I love it! I have a friend who sometimes talks to me like that, and it definitely makes me feel super Little. I can't relate to the toy throwing thing, but I will definitely be alert if someone shakes a rattle ^^

You could be right on the language thing. I was always learning it as that. Sort of as a babying thing. And as for the toy throw I guess that is just my babyfur side.

(Also rattle shaking is adorable)

Definition as follows for both of our reference.

cod·dle
ˈkädl/
verb
gerund or present participle: coddling
treat in an indulgent or overprotective way.
"I was coddled and cosseted"
synonyms: pamper, cosset, mollycoddle;

I believe Schwanensee is correct, coddling is having someone being over protective of you and doting on you, cooing is being spoken to softly. Regardless, I am quite fond of both when I regress :)

Back when I had my Mommy friend, one of my favourite things was simply cuddling with her and having her coo to me. Being cooed at really reinforced the fact that I was a baby around her, it was a nice feeling.

Of course, being coddled is great too. Once again, I've been lucky enough to have been coddled by partners in the past and it was wonderful. Of course, coddling is something that I can do on my own too. When it comes to being a solo AB, I coddle myself by indulging a bit, buying outfits, new toys, stuff like that :)

Also, I love my rattles too :)

Cooing is what your mama does to you when she's talking sweetly, but coddling is what she does when she's got you all propped up with sixteen plushies, a blankie, a bottle of milk and cartoons on TV when you don't feel well. ;D

One mayn't speak, "Parentese," to me, without my, explicit, or, implicit, volition and consent!

I've had far too many people, apparently, think, "Aw, look, she's in a wheelchair. She must be stupid as a box of rocks, and mustn't be able to do a darn thing for herself!"

The people who know I'm a Little bABy, should consider themselves privileged, because, it's no one else's damned business!

If you know how I am, and I'm feeling Little, more power to you. If you know how I am, and I'm not feeling Little, I might look at you funny.

If you don't know me from Adam's house cat, and you dare talk to me in a way not befitting my chronological age, it's going to be all I can do, to keep from knocking your insulant, fool head off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back