Status
Not open for further replies.

LilacCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I admit it, I am scared of the dark. I have to have my fishy nightlight on that slowly fades color to color to be able to sleep in peace. My stuffy says he likes it too. Which nightlights do you have? Is there one your wanting to get?

I'm also really scared of the dark.

Have a little lava lamp looking night light that changes colors. Also used to have a wave maker that projected rainbow waves on the ceiling but it broke :'(

Was my favorite...

Sheepies said:
I'm also really scared of the dark.

Have a little lava lamp looking night light that changes colors. Also used to have a wave maker that projected rainbow waves on the ceiling but it broke :'(

Was my favorite...

A wave maker? That sounds great. Do you remember the brand of it or anything? Also I haven't seen a lava lamp in absolutely forever. When I was 9 I had one and quietly watched it until my eyes would close.

My room has to be absolutely pitch black or I won't be able to sleep, but for when I'm awake and can't stand bright lights, I have a projector thing that puts all sorts of patterns on the ceiling. My brother also has an aquarium lamp that turns and projects fishies on the walls.

I've got a couple of different ones, but some of my favorites actually come in the form of a plushie!

I have a pink koala plush that will either light up and change colors quietly or with lullaby music. I also have a Paw Patrol Skye plush who lights up a belly badge and plays bits of music and my original Glo-Worm who is like...the big boss of the glowing plushies.

I have a couple of regular ones, too, and my favorite from my childhood was just a lamp with a unicorn on it (She LOOKS like a plushie but is actually a ceramic statue)

Oddly enough, I could never stand nightlights as an actual child, could never get to sleep with one on, that carried over to my AB side a bit.

That being said, I still enjoy having some things as I sleep. I love leaving a lullaby on low volume when I go to bed, or having some form of white noise going as it lulls me off to sleep quicker. I also think I would quite fancy a mobile or one of those low-light crib fixtures, like a Fisher Price Crib Aquarium. I also wouldn't mind one of those nightlight, projector thingies that puts a bunch of fun, colourful shapes up on the ceiling. My previous Mommy friend had one for me at her place, whenever she put me down for a nap, she would turn it on and the ceiling would be covered with stars that slowly changed their colour. The light level was pretty much ambient so it didn't impede my sleepy time at all and I always felt it was a nice touch :eek:

We have one in the hallway so we can see where we're going late at night. It shines in and makes it a little difficult to fall asleep, but it is useful regardless.

I have a regular night light in the bathroom, and I put up some soft glowing, color changing rope lights under my bed. This is just bright enough, withought having to look straight at the lights while falling asleep.

I have a street lamp outside my bedroom window, so more light than I actually want. I'm sort of a creature of the night so I like it dark. I feel safe in the dark because no one can see you.

Dolphin said:
I have a regular night light in the bathroom, and I put up some soft glowing, color changing rope lights under my bed. This is just bright enough, withought having to look straight at the lights while falling asleep.

Where do I get under bed rope lights anyway (and how would they stay up won't they get hot?) I wanted some for a while

LilacCrinkle said:
Where do I get under bed rope lights anyway (and how would they stay up won't they get hot?) I wanted some for a while

What you want is LED rope lights. LED lights don't get hot, but are usually super-bright. I've seen those kinds of rope lights at the car parts stores. People use them as special effects under their cars and make it look cool going down the road at night. :3

I actually bought a set at Walmart for putting behind my TV, which looks really neat when I'm watching cartoons. I never thought about putting them under the bed though. They actually do make attachment pieces for the car versions though, but I don't know if those would work to attach them to a bed. (The ones I got from Walmart are 'sticky' on the back, but not sticky enough. I had to basically use tape and attach the strip to the back of the TV. :p)

Schwanensee said:
My room has to be absolutely pitch black or I won't be able to sleep, but for when I'm awake and can't stand bright lights, I have a projector thing that puts all sorts of patterns on the ceiling. My brother also has an aquarium lamp that turns and projects fishies on the walls.

My own bedroom needs to be dark in order for me to sleep.
But, I do have a small LED flashlight, if I need to have a small amount of light if I wake-up during the night.

I have never (that I can remember) needed nor wanted a night-light. My room is pretty dark but my alarm clock does send out some light and my curtains do not entirely block the outside street and car lights.

Actually my biggest problem is the morning sun, it shines right into my room and even with the curtain closed, the room get fairly bright.

BabyDenise said:
I have never (that I can remember) needed nor wanted a night-light. My room is pretty dark but my alarm clock does send out some light and my curtains do not entirely block the outside street and car lights.

Actually my biggest problem is the morning sun, it shines right into my room and even with the curtain closed, the room get fairly bright.

I think now I should specify, I live in the country with no bright lights near my window. If you walk too far back into the yard (It's a field really) you can see ALL of the stars at night, which I think is a pretty fair trade-off for having to have a night-light in the house. ;3

Also because I work second shift, I have 'blackout curtains'. They block the light from outside during the day when they're closed so I can sleep a regular amount of time without the 'hideous light of the day star' coming in and shanking me in the eyeballs. :laugh:

LilacCrinkle said:
A wave maker? That sounds great. Do you remember the brand of it or anything? Also I haven't seen a lava lamp in absolutely forever. When I was 9 I had one and quietly watched it until my eyes would close.
It was this one:

Abco Tech ABC2050 Tech Multicolor Ocean Wave Light Projector, 12 LED, BLUE, RED, GREEN, MULTICOLOR, MP3 iPhone Speaker LED Night Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CKRU3UI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ev7BBb1H47DB8

Speaker was pretty useless but the waves were relaxing

CuddleWoozle said:
I think now I should specify, I live in the country with no bright lights near my window. If you walk too far back into the yard (It's a field really) you can see ALL of the stars at night, which I think is a pretty fair trade-off for having to have a night-light in the house. ;3

Also because I work second shift, I have 'blackout curtains'. They block the light from outside during the day when they're closed so I can sleep a regular amount of time without the 'hideous light of the day star' coming in and shanking me in the eyeballs. :laugh:

I will never forget where one day I was in raccoon mountain and I always thought those millions and millions of stars pictures were fake but then I looked up and there was shooting stars, milky way, galaxy's,etc. I been a city boy all my life so to see that nearly brought tears to my eyes and moon bright so much it made the ground look like sunrise.

Must stink to be back shift...because if you have an inside job you can't watch the stars wave hello... :(

Yes, it was LED rope lights (from Amazon). They had adhesive to stick it to the bottom of frame, but I used zip ties to attach it to the bottom slats, under the matress. It came with a cool remote control, and they have others that you can use your phone to control the colors. It really adds so much to my room, with it still being suble enough that friends who come over won't notice it.

F5R9J99HPX5AZXL.LARGE.jpg

I'm just like Caitanx, my room has to be nearly pitch-black for me to sleep. I have to cover the control panel on my AC with the curtains but the lights on my game systems don't bother me. I go to sleep mostly at the same time and wake up when I can't get back to sleep very early in the morning, or I'll keep sleeping until my alarm goes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back