Skirt fitting?

LilacCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I have never in my life wore a skirt, but am deeply considering it more then lately recently. I wear medium diapers on underneath, and want more of a soft solid color non-pleated roller skating skirt for my roller skates, (before anyone shoots my dreams out of the sky, I don't have the nerves to wear it in public despite my excitement if I was to do so) I just bought some new pants but pretty sure I don't measure the same fir that as a skirt. Going to a local store and trying on skirts is a good way to get shot in my area so no option there. I want to mabey buy from Amazon...but how in ten worlds do you measure for skirt size (on a guy?)

Okay. Guy-ish.

Well, normally you should measure your waist and hips and determine your size (look up the skirt size chart in the internet), but since you are a guy... I'm not sure, but still, I think it should be the same for you.

Use a tape measure and measure your waist where you want the waist of the skirt. Skirts aren't exact like pants waists.
For example, I have a 39 inch waist (40 inch hips) - so round up to the next even number - you get 40 - divide by two = size 20 US womens/girls skirts. This is US size; UK and Asian all together different sizes so beware ordering on eBay unless you specify US size. Go to Goodwill or other Thrift store and buy a cheap used skirt for trial and error. I've gotten some really nice wool skirts there as well as some frilly ones..
Amazon has some cosplay short skirts with Velco fastners which are more adjustable. Other vendors around the US that sell skirts with Velcro fastners.
Nothing like wearing a skirt and pumps with a diaper underneath. Nice fuzzy sweater with bra underneath makes the total scene for me.

Elenwen said:
Well, normally you should measure your waist and hips and determine your size (look up the skirt size chart in the internet), but since you are a guy... I'm not sure, but still, I think it should be the same for you.

It is. Trust the trans woman here.😼

Carpenters rules measure twice and cut once - OK you are not wood but remember that the skirt's waist can not be greater than the hips otherwise one has
to contend with London britches ah er skirts falling down.
Skirt waist can be elastic - best for multipurpose ease in wearing
Skirt waist can be fixed like putting on pants with a fly zipper and button snap closing and assist from a belt.
Then there is the HEM length -
Full length at the ankle
below the calf
at the knee
at mid thigh
OH OH - now we are getting into dangerous territory
above the thigh 16 inches - mini-skirt
moving on upstream - micro mini 14-12 inches
anything less than 10 inches is a cumberbum belt
and one better be prepared for panty (diaper) exposition royal
Well I hope you are wearing a supporting clause in your contract with nature.
Ruffled tennis panties over diapers would be so cute

For a guy starting to wear a skirt - introduce yourself in a kilt you will find the
transition a lot easier. Then transition over to a skaters skirt - elastic waist.
Go to a charity thrift goodwill shop try for size to get an idea how things fit and feel take a tape measure with you and make mental notes of the sizing.

Regarding that chart measurement - use the old rule of 20 - misses size 14
equals a 34 (20+14=34) will get you into the ballless park for the initial fitting.
UK sizing and the abomination of Asian measurement beware - DO NOT GO BY
ANY NUMBERS get the actual physical measurement in inches or centimeters.
UK sizing is about 1 size off the US charts - the Asian size XXXL is only the
equivalent of a Medium size numbers uncertain - you have been warned !

There is a lot of trial and error here till you get it right on !

I have a tape measure, so i will give this a shot in a little bit when everyone else wakes up. Thank you for the tip and conversions! (And thanks to everyone else for the helpful responses!)

- - - Updated - - -

babylock1 said:
Carpenters rules measure twice and cut once - OK you are not wood but remember that the skirt's waist can not be greater than the hips otherwise one has
to contend with London britches ah er skirts falling down.
I never heard of tennis panties...but they sound adorable. The rule of 20 is something I will pay sharp mind to ( and I hope to get something to cover like a skater skirt because I don't wanna be running all over the place showing my diaper as more focus. Perhaps a slightly longer but I refuse a dress (below knees) as it's not my style personally. Makes me wonder if having a skaters skirt makes changes easier for night diapers...

I appreciate all the detail on types and math. This will be VERY helpful

Skater skirts are pretty awesome for hiding diapers. Just make sure it's not too short - I'm kinda tall for a woman (not very, but above average), and a lot of skater skirts are very short on me. If you're taller than 5'6, a mini skirt will really border on "too short", unless you plan to wear leggins underneath. If the description says knee-length, it's probably safe to assume it will be a good bit above the knee for you.
As others have said, I'd go for an elastic waistband, it's just so much more comfortable than a non-elastic fabric. It will also give you room for error in your measurement, since you won't be able to try it on beforehand.

And I have to add this on, because that's just what I do: Skater skirts are ridiculously easy to sew, if you've ever wanted to get crafty with a sewing machine. Okay, I'm done now^^

I have a cheerleader uniform and that skirt is similar I think. Great over diapers (along with the shiny cheerleader briefs I have as well).
I also have a spandex figure skater dress (essentially a leotard with attached skirt).

I wore it in public at the annual Red Dress Run in DC a few times. The Red Dress Run is an event run by a group that describes itself as a "Drinking club with a running problem." They have such events all over the country. Everybody (male, female, other) wears some sort of red dress. You get all kinds of things. I also wore a pink nighty and carried a large teddy bear to one of the "pre-lewd" events on that weekend.

Ruffled panties are sexy! You can get them online from places that sell square dancing clothing. They make great diaper covers.

Seasonedcitizen said:
Ruffled panties are sexy! You can get them online from places that sell square dancing clothing. They make great diaper covers.

Ebay LINK:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=square+dance+panties&_sacat=0

Other leads to search:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...:sa&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001&type=sbc_dsl

LilacCrinkle - any progress to report ? Did you find your skirt ? We would love to hear of your trials tribulations conquests fittings and success !

Just bought a skater skirt myself, I went by the size guide, measured correctly..... and I think all women lie, ITS TO BIG, LOL.

Because the best way to buy a skirt (or any piece of clothing, really) is to go to the shop and try it on, check the fit yourself. From my experience, all those sizes are inaccurate, because in one place I find something in one size, then go to another place, try the same size on and it's too big or too small! So I have to search for the right size again!

Kyma said:
Just bought a skater skirt myself, I went by the size guide, measured correctly..... and I think all women lie, ITS TO BIG, LOL.

The Skater Skirt or an "A" line skirt is the best - As for ITS IS TOO BIG - actually you do need the bigness to a degree to cover the diapered bulk at least in the
HIP area - you do need a smaller conforming waist (either elastic or with zipper button tab closing) so the skirt creates the narrow waist fitting giving the skirt
balance and looks that is expected. The HEM line is strictly up to your utilitarian purposes of how much room is needed and how often diaper changes are needed.
The Skater "A" line skirt does this well and is functional as opposed to the pencil tight fitting skirts.
Having pleats or more material (circle skirt) also helps blend in the diaper wearing skirt wearing individual with concealment.
Skirts are preferred over dresses as when reaching aloft for something the dress hem rises with a skirt this does not happen - however in bending over without
squatting both reveal what lies underneath - the greater the hem line the more concealment.

As for measurements and sizing get a tape measure and get the vital stats and best if you can be there in the shop to try for size fitting - look into the mirrors provided.
Only after you have had some success in mail order eBay Amazon fitting for the same merchandise consistently or an agreement with the seller providing the same measurements
should you think about blind ordering - it is a lot trouble and waiting to be disappointed with something that does not fit right and has to be returned at perhaps your own expense !

I am also loo king for a cute skirt. I like plaid my waist line fluctuates from 30-32 depending on the season. I tend to gain weight in the winter. I don't like the sissy dresses that are online, but I am looking for a cute plaid skirt that will fit my 6' 120-150 lb tall frame

Elenwen said:
Because the best way to buy a skirt (or any piece of clothing, really) is to go to the shop and try it on, check the fit yourself. From my experience, all those sizes are inaccurate, because in one place I find something in one size, then go to another place, try the same size on and it's too big or too small! So I have to search for the right size again!

A lot of the mail order places have return policies. But once you've zoned in on your size it's a lot easier. Skirts by themselves usually are a bit easier. Dresses I have to be more careful with because a woman's bust and a man's chest are different shapes and depending on the cut and stretch, it's hard to guess if the top part will fit properly.

Back years ago I did get a lot of excitement by going to stores and trying on dresses. I even had a few overly helpful female clerks when they found out what I was doing.

Mickeymic said:
I am also loo king for a cute skirt. I like plaid my waist line fluctuates from 30-32 depending on the season. I tend to gain weight in the winter. I don't like the sissy dresses that are online, but I am looking for a cute plaid skirt that will fit my 6' 120-150 lb tall frame

Why not consider a kilt - no not a mans kilt but a kilt made for women but looks manly.
Take a look at SportKilt.com WOMEN for some ideas - neat that the waist is a wrap skirt with multi-fitting Velcro - HEM length from ultra mini (12 inches) to the standard knee at 24 inches.
The weight of the fabric be it acrylic or wool and the pleats will hide most any diaper application.
Best part of a wrap skirt is the ease in which a diaper change can be made removing the obstructing outer wear.

SportKilt not your style - go on eBay and search for KILT and a gander about fine tuning it to something within your budget and style

For PLAID in skirts you can't pass a kilt by - although there may one big distraction in that kilts are conversation starters and maybe you really do want the conversation directed
away from what you are wearing under that skirt (kilt).

willnotwill said:
A lot of the mail order places have return policies. But once you've zoned in on your size it's a lot easier. Skirts by themselves usually are a bit easier. Dresses I have to be more careful with because a woman's bust and a man's chest are different shapes and depending on the cut and stretch, it's hard to guess if the top part will fit properly.

Back years ago I did get a lot of excitement by going to stores and trying on dresses. I even had a few overly helpful female clerks when they found out what I was doing.

Oh, I always (well, ever since I realised such men exist, at least) thought it's much easier for men to chose a dress. Looks like I was mistaken...

JonQuixote said:
Use a tape measure and measure your waist where you want the waist of the skirt. Skirts aren't exact like pants waists.
For example, I have a 39 inch waist (40 inch hips) - so round up to the next even number - you get 40 - divide by two = size 20 US womens/girls skirts. This is US size; UK and Asian all together different sizes so beware ordering on eBay unless you specify US size. Go to Goodwill or other Thrift store and buy a cheap used skirt for trial and error. I've gotten some really nice wool skirts there as well as some frilly ones..
Amazon has some cosplay short skirts with Velco fastners which are more adjustable. Other vendors around the US that sell skirts with Velcro fastners.
Nothing like wearing a skirt and pumps with a diaper underneath. Nice fuzzy sweater with bra underneath makes the total scene for me.

UK Sizes are two sizes higher hence size zero is a uk 4 etc

Back