Just got my first cloth diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powderedbum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I finally did it and got a cloth diaper to try. Have a question though. Should I use powder or will it mess up the absorption rate. Thanks for all the help

You can use powder if you want ,a light sprinkle and rubbed in to your skin , but don't pour into the diaper it will club up and get nasty .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. Can’t wait to try it out tonight

Powderedbum said:
Thanks for the response. Can’t wait to try it out tonight
You have washed and dried it at least 6 times first ?
Brand new cloth have sizing coating on them the will actualy repel moisture instead of absorb.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Also, do you have plastic pants or is there built in plastic?

Powderedbum said:
I finally did it and got a cloth diaper to try.
At the risk of revealing your real name, Social Security Number, precise latitude and longitude, and all kinds of other personal information, could you tell us what kind of diaper you got?

(No biggie if not. We get the whole "privacy" thing. :))

Anyway, welcome to the group! Fellow cloth-wearer here. I was diapered in cloth as a baby (late 1970's) and never quite escaped. I stock a good few disposable options, but my go-to diapers are cloth prefolds--with the obligatory pins and plastic pants.

I also enjoy cloth diapers, but would recommend washing at least twice before wearing.
Have you tried the Boingo Baby Cloth Diaper Fasteners hat Amazon sells? Much easier than diaper pins. They hold tight unless doing gymnastics in them.
Would recommend Leakmaster PUL diaper covering the cloth diapers as they have no wetness barrier built in. Goes right through and down your leg. PUL version of plastic covers allow body moisture through but not urine or waste, keeping you more comfortable if wearing for a long period (8/10 hrs). Make sure to measure our thigh circumference for good diaper cover fit.

Enjoy the diaper - the trickle and the tickle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back