Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pull ups vs diapers for bowel incontinence?

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
    Pull-ups are garbage. Cloth backed diapers are mostly worthless as well. A good plastic backed diaper would be far better than either of those two. Dry 24/7 and betterdry/crinklz are amazing and perform well.
    Adult "Pull-Ups" are totally useless for bowel incontinence.
    The result, "shit everywhere", the Pull-Up, and all over the inside of my pants.

I feel your pain. I suffered with severe ulcerative colitis for years and towards the end before i had my bowel removed I was experiencing full bowel voiding. I had predicted this as I was coming off steroids ready for healing post op. I found wearing nappies gave me the confidence to leave the house (along with bowel paralysing codine).
    By mid afternoon, the combination of a fuller bowel and the codine wearing off would give me the 1 minute warning or less to find the toilet. No good if you are driving or mid conversation in the chemist as happened once.

I had taken to use up my old style Attends medium (M printed all over) and they held a full liquid bowel movement quite a few times. It was the best decision i made, I could have had quite a few very messy accidents otherwise.

I did try pull ups when camping and the toilet block was a 3-4 minute walk down hill away from our pitch. They leaked, I bought them whilst down there in Cornwall from Morissons as an emergency measure not realising that i needed them.

I have found the Betterdry or Crinklz printed version diapers work great for containing bowel accidents as I wear them 24/7 and have experienced unexpected bowel movments while out and about and had no issues.

I have lost a bit more of my bladder control since switching to full time taped diapers but it really dosent matter as my bladder issue would have gotten worse over time any ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob110 View Post
    I have found the Betterdry or Crinklz printed version diapers work great for containing bowel accidents
    yep betterdry/crinklz leak guards can't be beat. They're super-tall, positioned well, and have good elastic. If I was bowel IC that's probably all I'd wear.