Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for overnight wearing

Default Tips for overnight wearing

Itís been a week since Iíve worn a diaper, just been busy and I want to compensate and sleep overnight. And call me out for it on being weird, but a diaper in use is soothing and comforting to me. What do you guys recommend for such a procedure. So far I sprinkled some baking soda, now we wait for what comes next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just use baby powder,and a pad under your diaper.

Unfold, gentle stretch, fold lengthways to activate he channels front to back, lift the leak guards, some powder put it on.

It is weird not to wear a diaper, what on earth could be cuter, comfier or better?

Make sure you tighten the waistband as much as possible or fold the upper rim inwards. If you are a heavy wetter, diapers tend to leak over the top when lying down. And don't neglect the leg bands either, they are still the weak spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenwen View Post
    Make sure you tighten the waistband as much as possible or fold the upper rim inwards.
    I assume you mean for side-sleepers? I sleep on my back and the front of my diaper never gets wet.

For me, the most important thing is getting a good seal around my legs, especially under my butt cheeks. That's THE place for a leak when laying on your back.

I've found the best way to get a good seal around my legs is to attach the lower tapes angled downward, ideally so they are aimed just above where the leg elastic stops, so they pull the leg gathers / leak guards up and around to be snugly against my body. Example:

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    I assume you mean for side-sleepers? I sleep on my back and the front of my diaper never gets wet.
    Well... Actually, no... I sleep either on my back or on my belly and had more than one leak from the top waistband in the past. It was when I was using the Seni Kids Junior, though, the waistband of which isn't so high and I stopped having such leaks after I switched to Abena, but I still take the precautions I wrote about.

*I had several leaks like that even later, when wearing Molicares, so I think it's a good idea to take some preventive measures...

Slomo

Only use properly sized diapers which have decent or great absorption capabilities. IF you're a side sleeper like me, then I highly recommend Betterdry/Crnklz. This is the only diaper I've found which doesn't leak on me. Confidry24/7, Northshore supreme, and PeekABU are also really good overnight diapers too.

Well this is sorta diaper related sorta not.

When I put on my night diaper ,i use Johnson & Johnson "baby bedtime lotion" that has lavender oil in it , lavender has been used for thousands of years to help people relax , the smell is great and does promote relaxation , i have sleep disorders so anything I can leverage to help relax I do . It's also good for your skin .
    Baby lotion with lavender. If you havent tried it , you don't know what your missing .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

If you leak over the top put a booster sideways across the diaper just above where the leak guards connect to the diaper , this will eliminate leaking over the top and also give you a great tailored waist fit ,even when the platic stretches a little .

Quote Originally Posted by Elenwen View Post
    Well... Actually, no... I sleep either on my back or on my belly and had more than one leak from the top waistband in the past. It was when I was using the Seni Kids Junior, though, the waistband of which isn't so high and I stopped having such leaks after I switched to Abena, but I still take the precautions I wrote about.

*I had several leaks like that even later, when wearing Molicares, so I think it's a good idea to take some preventive measures...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
    If you leak over the top put a booster sideways across the diaper just above where the leak guards connect to the diaper , this will eliminate leaking over the top and also give you a great tailored waist fit ,even when the platic stretches a little .

Thanks for the advice, but as I said, I haven't had top leaks ever since I switched to Abena, so it's all right now. =)