• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hey newbie here, coping with incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihatecrohns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey there

I’m terrible with intros :p pretty much I have Crohn’s disease which I was diagnosed with ten years ago, since then I’ve been in and out of remission but pretty much I’ve always had issues with incontinence coming and going, bladder and bowel not sure why with the bladder but whenever my bowels flaring up I start wetting too :/

This is a condition that is uhhh very hard talking about with friends irl its messy its embarrassing and its just awkward so I’d love if I could make some friends here who can understand what I’m going through.

In terms of me outside that, I’m currently unemployed due to being ill but I make sure to keep fit I love going to the gym even if it is tough at the movement, I like video games the Fallout series is my favourite, I like building computers and also anime :)

Thank you for reading this

Hi and welcome!
Sorry to hear, that you have such problems, but it looks like you are coping with them pretty well, while keeping a positive attitude — and that's great! Can't say I totally understand, what you are going through, 'cause I never had any lasting difficulties with bowels, but being incontinent the other way... Well, I do get the general idea.
Anyway, you say you like Fallout and anime and you also have Skyrim listed on your page...
I'm not much of a Fallout person, but I adore Skyrim, as it's the first (and one of the few) game I've ever played. And anime is my lifetime passion. It also looks like we are the same age (I think you said something about it in your other post), so maybe we can be friends?
Anyway, once again, welcome to this place and I hope you find it nice here.

Hey thanks for the welcome :) yeah Skyrim is one of my fav games too, anything by Bethesda really, what’s your fav anime? And yeah we should totally be friends it’s really hard meeting people our age who’re incontinent :p

A favourite anime... Umm... You know, this is a very difficult question. I love "Natsume's Book of Friends", adore films by Ghibli, am totally entranced by the magnificent works of Makoto Shinkai. I still remember the four craziest films I've ever seen by Satoshi Kon and studio MADHOUSE ("Perfect Blue", "Paprika", "Millennium Actress" and "Tokyo Godfathers"). But I can't say any of these are my favourite...

Welcome and feel free to message me any time. That goes for everyone here. If anyone ever needs to chat, or even vent/rant about something. I don’t judge at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elenwen said:
but I adore Skyrim, as it's the first (and one of the few) game I've ever played.

Have you played with INIGO? He's a mod - a companion friend - he's totally awesome and most of the people that play with him, can never play skyrim again without him! :)

http://friendsofinigo.com you'll find all about him there (I run the forums and website) the links to the mod itself are on the forum.

I challenge anyone that ever tries him, to NOT like him, or even fall in love with him. And I also state that I believe they'll never be able to play again without him hehe

Oh, he's not available on PS4 due to their STUPID ASSets rules.

Best wishes x

- - - Updated - - -

Ihatecrohns said:
Hey there

I’m terrible with intros :p pretty much I have Crohn’s disease which I was diagnosed with ten years ago, since then I’ve been in and out of remission but pretty much I’ve always had issues with incontinence coming and going, bladder and bowel not sure why with the bladder but whenever my bowels flaring up I start wetting too :/

This is a condition that is uhhh very hard talking about with friends irl its messy its embarrassing and its just awkward so I’d love if I could make some friends here who can understand what I’m going through.

In terms of me outside that, I’m currently unemployed due to being ill but I make sure to keep fit I love going to the gym even if it is tough at the movement, I like video games the Fallout series is my favourite, I like building computers and also anime :)

Thank you for reading this

Hello and welcome,

I don't have Crohn's but I have dual incontinence which is now managed with "plumbing" (a permanent indwelling urethral catheter for the urine incontinence and a colostomy for the bowel) I had various tests done which highlighted the fact that my nerves are shot. My bladder could not tell my brain when it was full, and my brain could not instruct my bladder when to empty. Practically the same was happening with my bowels.

If you ever need information/advice about catheters and stoma etc, just give me a shout.

I see you're also a Skyrim fan, you should check out the reply I did for Elenwen! :)

I hope you soon feel comfortable and part of the furniture within adisc.

Very best wishes,

Granny x

Grannyweatherwax said:
Have you played with INIGO? He's a mod - a companion friend - he's totally awesome and most of the people that play with him, can never play skyrim again without him! :)

Thanks, I'll have a look, although I don't have any experience with mods...

hello Ihatecrohns 😺

hello Ihatecrohns,

Where abouts do you live?

Welcome to the incontinence club, you are not alone in having to deal with bladder and bowel issues I have been part of the club we all would prefer not to be a member of for almost 4 years. I have come to terms with it and Incontinence really has not changed my day to day life, just need to keep a back pack of supplies with me and plan a bit more when we travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back