30 oz= 887.026 ml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Changing times diaper company’s website states that both the crinklz auquanauts and and astronauts diapers have “30 oz liquid capacity” is this like a misleading way to phrase things because most sites will state how much their diapers hold in milliliters is a diapers capacity in ozs different than a normal measurement in a what a diaper can hold before it leaks or do these genuinely hold that much less? Hopefully someone can clear up this silly question for me !?

Last edited:
That's a very conservative capacity, a crinklz will happily get to 2kilos when wet, so around 1800ml once you take out the weight of the nappy.
Your math is right, a fluid ounce is approximately 30ml
A normal drinks can here is 330ml or 11oz.
Thats about as far as my grasp of imperial volume measures goes, pounds are coins and lbs are shops that sell bikes.

tykeboy123 said:
Changing times diaper company’s website states that both the crinklz auquanauts and and astronauts diapers have “30 oz liquid capacity” is this like a misleading way to phrase things because most sites will state how much their diapers hold in milliliters is a diapers capacity in ozs different than a normal measurement in a what a diaper can hold before it leaks or do these genuinely hold that much less? Hopefully someone can clear up this silly question for me !?

Of all the capacity quotes I've seen, that one is pretty conservative. That's less than a liter. (67oz) A crinklz can easily hold a liter in the crotch/back without being in any danger of leaking.

Compare that to say, some of the diapers that are "rated" 4500-6000mL. Six liters? haha, no.

I’ve generally found diaper company’s quoting capacity has very little bearing on the overall performance of the diaper.
It’s like a car company claiming a better too speed and acceleration performance due to the new high capacity fuel tank.
The newer Abdl diapers seem to be better than medical products in rating performance. For me I have found Abu peakabu’s to be outstanding even though they claim 6000ml which may be correct technically, practically they may be half that which is still amazing. I haven’t weighed them but I believe I pushed one close to the 4kg mark still without leaks and just starting to feel a bit clammy etc. by comparison the space littlepaws range I would practically get about half the performance before leaks even though they are rated to 5000 ml. So for a 20% claimed capacity I was seeing about 100% better performance with peakabus. So many factors effect performance. But I am so greatfull we have these great choices these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crinklz actually claims 5000ml on their packaging, I believe that 30oz reading comes from Northshore. I'm not sure if they ran a test on their own or not.

I'll also put out there that all these premium brands hold about the same. 4000-5000, with Peekabu claiming 6000+ml. This is all a capacity achieved with water, with no sitting, no minerals coming from your body, and I'm sure they put the diapers in a bucket of water, let the excess drip, and weight it on the scale minus the dry weight.

Crinklz is actually a great diaper and hold just as much as ABU and ect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

30oz is way low for Crinklz. I've taken them to about 2 liters (64 ounces or 1900ml) without leaking in the 24 hours I wore them for.

Also, keep in mind when you see those really high capacity numbers, that is a lab tested capacity. This is where they lay the diaper open and very slowly add watter till it spills over. No press out, and not even folded up vertically like it's being worn. Obviously their true capacity would be more like half those numbers with real world use.

Another thing is ive noticed is that the depending on how hydrated you are it seems to absorb more when your well hydrated? I will say though, its crazy obvious how much sap that they use in the crinklz. These things swell up huge.

Dakota13 said:
Another thing is ive noticed is that the depending on how hydrated you are it seems to absorb more when your well hydrated? I will say though, its crazy obvious how much sap that they use in the crinklz. These things swell up huge.
Yes, you're correct. It has to do with the concentration of your urine. The less water you drink, the more concentrated it is, and the more sodium and other salts it contains. SAP breaks down a bit with sodium solution, rather than gel like it would with pure water. So the more you drink, the more diluted your pee is, and the more it absorbs. I'm sure someone else could explain it much better, but you're right.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just checked the NS website and am really confused. I thought the rating might have been a singular mistake on the site, but I was wrong. All their premium diapers including their private label are all about the 30 oz number. Now most of us have read the reviews on this site and all the premium diapers are 2000 ml plus, or around 70 oz plus. So not sure why NS is so conservative.

PS I have an app on my phone that converts US to UK units. Very handy.

sotexasDL said:
I just checked the NS website and am really confused. I thought the rating might have been a singular mistake on the site, but I was wrong. All their premium diapers including their private label are all about the 30 oz number. Now most of us have read the reviews on this site and all the premium diapers are 2000 ml plus, or around 70 oz plus. So not sure why NS is so conservative.

A big factor may simply be the "inflated" numbers on a lot of diapers. Many diapers I've tried would be at a point well beyond what I'd refer to as "leaking" by the time you got near their "rated capacity".

The general rule of thumb for Chinese manufactured ABDL diapers - 1G SAP = 100ml absorption. If a premium diaper is listed ay 5000ml ISO rated capacity, it's because the diaper included 50g SAP. ..yup.

RepaidazeD said:
The general rule of thumb for Chinese manufactured ABDL diapers - 1G SAP = 100ml absorption. If a premium diaper is listed ay 5000ml ISO rated capacity, it's because the diaper included 50g SAP. ..yup.

Though that doesn't account for the pulp, which despite not being able to chemically lock up water still contributes to capacity. (and of course pulp is necessary, you can't just have an all-SAP diaper)

It's interesting to compare very similar diapers with differing capacities. Like Rearz's Inspire and Inspire+InControl. Those are practically impossible to tell apart visually, they have the same thickness also. But the InControl is slightly heavier, probably with the only difference being more SAP mixed in with the pulp.

bambinod said:
Though that doesn't account for the pulp, which despite not being able to chemically lock up water still contributes to capacity. (and of course pulp is necessary, you can't just have an all-SAP diaper)

It's interesting to compare very similar diapers with differing capacities. Like Rearz's Inspire and Inspire+InControl. Those are practically impossible to tell apart visually, they have the same thickness also. But the InControl is slightly heavier, probably with the only difference being more SAP mixed in with the pulp.

You are 100% correct, now ready to have you mind blown? :p

Lets say you have a 200gram diaper with 50g of SAP (rated at 5000ml capacity) and you want to make it thicker. The manufactures equipment can only handle making 200gram diapers, so you will need to find something to subtract in order to add the pulp. You decide to subtract 20g of SAP and add in 20g of pulp in its place.

The diaper now has 30g of SAP, so using the 1g to 100ml tells us we have 3000ml + the however much the 20g of pulp can absorb. You then get the new summary sheet from the manufacture that breaks down the weight, sap, features, etc. In the capacity field guess what is says? 3000ml. Not only was that capacity never test, the 50G SAP diaper that you've been advertising for years as 5000ml capacity wasn't tested either.. and the company you were ordering from was never the manufacture in the first place - they just acted as a middle man. China baby, China.

Are they that far off? Probably not.. Rearz has very specific numbers for capacity. Makes me wonder if they perform the testing, require their manufacture to do it, or just button smash a close number to what was already a lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back