Leaking on furniture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebabyboy12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I leaked on our recliner tonight while watching tv with the family. I understand wearing diapers and having no control leaks are going to happen. It had only been four hours sense my last change. Typically I can go 8 hrs in a Crinklz.
My wife says be more careful. I don’t know what else to do. Help please help.

First of all, try adjusting the tapes, with tightening the leg guards in mind. You may have to find a completely new way of taping on a diaper.

And secondly, get some plastic pants or diaper covers or even simply an onesie, if you still don't have anything like this.
(Onesie isn't something I'd recommend, though, as onesies aren't waterproof and, from my experience, can get uncomfortably hot. But they do compress a diaper, allowing for slightly better absorbency and slightly longer time between changes.)

If I'm sitting on anything that matters for any length of time while I'm wet, I sit on a changing pad.

I use bed pads (small version) for when I am on my recliner or having a nap on the sofa they saved the furniture a few times :)

Wow, I'm surprised a Crinklz would normally only last you 8 hours, and really surprised they would leak on you in just 4. How much are you drinking? I normally take in about 64oz per day, and have been able to make just one Crinklz last 24 hours without leaking once.

As mentioned you may need to change how you're taping it on. The diaper should be snug all the way around your legs. Ideally you should be able to easily get 1 or 2 fingers under the leg cuff, but not all four fingers. Also, before putting it on make sure you lift up the leak guards. If they are still stuck to the inside of the diaper then they won't work very well.

Lastly, a good diaper cover will help contain any potential leaks and will also help you to notice that leak before it does any damage. I personally like the gary activewear pul pants. And if all else fails then one last layer of defence would be to sit on a reusable bed pad.

I cheat ,when I bought my recliners I bought the color matched incontinence pads ,as long as your recliner isn't some bizzare color or size ,take a trip to a good medical supply store that sells recliners, you should be able to get a style and color matched absorbent waterproof pad .
I am a big advocate of "if you need diapers so does your furniture" that way when leaks happen you still have protection .
I bought my recliners from a medical supplier as I have mobility issue ,so I got heat ,massage , stand me up to transfer lift and well as lie flat to sleep if guests come ,so the matching IC pads were only about $25 additional, most people don't even notice they are there.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I have a washable pad in my arm chair.

you might want to get some washable underpads for chairs/the car just in case.

I do have to washable pads I use on my bed I could use on the furniture.

Sit on a kid sized inflatable swimring so when your diaper gets full it will sag in the center and you wont get press out leaks

Either use a reusable pad or wear plastic pants.

I use a washable pad, I just simply hide them under a throw. Every now and again it do get the odd spot appear, but I just simply throw them in the wash.

I also use washable incontinence bed pads on my TV watching chair here in my bedroom.
Additionally, I put a disposable one on top of it.

I can’t help out with advice but I can share some sympathy, I was half laying on the couch just lazing around and my bf pointed out that I’ve wet I looked down and yup my nappy the back of my skirt and the couch were all wet :(

Slomo said:
Wow, I'm surprised a Crinklz would normally only last you 8 hours, and really surprised they would leak on you in just 4. How much are you drinking? I normally take in about 64oz per day, and have been able to make just one Crinklz last 24 hours without leaking once.

As mentioned you may need to change how you're taping it on. The diaper should be snug all the way around your legs. Ideally you should be able to easily get 1 or 2 fingers under the leg cuff, but not all four fingers. Also, before putting it on make sure you lift up the leak guards. If they are still stuck to the inside of the diaper then they won't work very well.

Lastly, a good diaper cover will help contain any potential leaks and will also help you to notice that leak before it does any damage. I personally like the gary activewear pul pants. And if all else fails then one last layer of defence would be to sit on a reusable bed pad.

I do drink quite a bit of fluids to stay hydrated. Being in diapers i try to keep the smell down and the only way I know how is to stay hydrated. I try to insure the diaper is just snug enough but not too tight. I’ve started to wear onesies to keep everything where it should be but I’ve noticed the onesie getting wet between my thoughts. Not really sure why this happens as it’s on the outside of my diaper. Then I end up the wet spots on my pants. Which is a clear give a way I’m in diapers. Incontinence just sucks. Would never wish it upon anyone.

Ehorton said:
I do drink quite a bit of fluids to stay hydrated. Being in diapers i try to keep the smell down and the only way I know how is to stay hydrated. I try to insure the diaper is just snug enough but not too tight. I’ve started to wear onesies to keep everything where it should be but I’ve noticed the onesie getting wet between my thoughts. Not really sure why this happens as it’s on the outside of my diaper. Then I end up the wet spots on my pants. Which is a clear give a way I’m in diapers. Incontinence just sucks. Would never wish it upon anyone.

Have you tried adjusting the way you tape it on? Maybe angle the tapes up or down, or even try shifting the front of the dipaer up or down (in relation to the back) a little before you tape it on. Also consider every diaper fits every person a little differently. It's possible that the cut of the diaper just doesn't confirm well to the shape of your legs. ABU, Bambino, and Fabine diapers are like that for me, and are guaranteed to leak before even reaching half capacity.

Ehorton said:
I’ve started to wear onesies to keep everything where it should be but I’ve noticed the onesie getting wet between my thoughts. Not really sure why this happens as it’s on the outside of my diaper. Then I end up the wet spots on my pants.

Check the fit of the onesie. If the inner edges of the onesie legholes can touch the inside of the diaper when you move, they can actually wick moisture from the diaper. I think for most people that have the issue it's the standing leak guards the onesie is able to make contact with.

Anyway, a onesie with a slightly thinner crotch area or a romper style onesie would both probably fix that issue for you. I like the onesie Preventawear makes because I don't have issues with wicking with them (although their romper style ones zip in the back...they're to prevent people from undressing/diaper picking, which makes them take a smidge longer to put on and take off than one that's snappy)

flipside said:
Check the fit of the onesie. If the inner edges of the onesie legholes can touch the inside of the diaper when you move, they can actually wick moisture from the diaper. I think for most people that have the issue it's the standing leak guards the onesie is able to make contact with.

Anyway, a onesie with a slightly thinner crotch area or a romper style onesie would both probably fix that issue for you. I like the onesie Preventawear makes because I don't have issues with wicking with them (although their romper style ones zip in the back...they're to prevent people from undressing/diaper picking, which makes them take a smidge longer to put on and take off than one that's snappy)

The onesie fits pretty good. If they were any larger it would defeat the purpose. Keeping my diapers where they need to be. Could it be the elastic leg band that’s causing the problem. I’ve lokked at the romper style but I don’t think my wife would help me but then on and zip or snap them up the back. I use onesies from ABU. Wearing plastic pants has crossed my mind but I’m already afraid people can tell I’m wearing diapers. Crinklz are not easy to hide but I can’t wear anything less absorbing.

Ihatecrohns said:
I can’t help out with advice but I can share some sympathy, I was half laying on the couch just lazing around and my bf pointed out that I’ve wet I looked down and yup my nappy the back of my skirt and the couch were all wet :(

Are you bladder incontinent as well then? Or just because you have to wear nappies for another reason you think you may as well use them for that one as well?

ChocChip said:
Are you bladder incontinent as well then? Or just because you have to wear nappies for another reason you think you may as well use them for that one as well?

Yes I’m bladder incontinent. Have no choice but to wear diapers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back