Getting Worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucky129

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I have been getting worse lately. New job, super long hours, super stressful, and living in a hotel 5 out of 7 days a week. Have not had a dry night for weeks. I use to be able to make it through a work day using a pad or two. I have been changing pads every couple hours now. Too self conscious to wear full diaper to work. I know, I know, nobody can tell but me AND it would be worse to have an accident. I keep my full glass of accident water handy in case I need to have a “spill”. I thought that loosing weight would help but like I said it’s gotten worse. Doc says little he can do since it’s 1/2 family genetics (both parents and siblings wet day and night), and 1/2 ties to nerve damage from car accident. Clearly stress is a factor too. I really don’t mind it because I’m only bladder ic. I have nothing but sympathy and respect for those having to deal with bowel ic. Not sure I would have the confidence to even leave the house. Thanks for letting me vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, there are intermediate levels between pads and diapers. Even depends pullups would be better for you, and their whole marketing target is about others not being able to tell you're wearing one. Actually, I'd recommend you try the Northshore pullup, I understand that's about the best pullup out there.

Hey... I know you said you are too self-conscious and all, but really, do try wearing a diaper. Or a pull-up with a pad. I'm sure your stress levels will drop considerably, because there will be at least some security. Also, if you already wear pads, a full diaper won't be worse in any way. Give it a try.

it took me awhile to be okay wearing a diaper at work but know that i do i am not as stressed. i would much rather wear a diaper at work than have a accident.

I wear Betterdry diapers 24/7 a thicker diaper is less noticeable then wet pants and the stress level decreases whe. you know you are well protected

Hi Chucky,

I had the same trouble a couple of years ago - and yes - stress had also a big influence to my IC... I did also wear mostly pads. From my point of view there is nothing wrong with pads - as long as you can change them regulary and you found the right one for your IC level. I used diapers only for longer road trips or in situations where I have to sit for a longer time, because I found them more reliable in such situation. So hey - if you feel not good with diapers stay with the pads... I found that they are much easier to change then diapers and it is also better to change more often as to stay half a day in a wet diaper. Maybe you should check if the pads still have the wright capacity for your IC level and try to use teporaryly somthing with more absobtion capacity.

if your changing pads more then 3 times in a work day then they aren't working for you and you probably are going to end up leaking. Is having to keep a cup of water and further soaking your pants is really that much better then wearing a pullup or diaper? I'd think that would be more embarrassing. With a diaper worst thing is people know you have a medical condition (if and only if they become aware of it). For spilling constantly they might start suspecting you have other problems (at the very least are a clutz… they may even suspect you are on drugs or something else)

There is no shame in requiring diapers as an adult, I would rather have to explain my diaper and my medical issue then deal with wet pants. Most adults understand medical issues happen and that unfortunately diapers are required wearing a premium absorbant diaper and the darker pants one size up,from what you normaly wear helps hide your diaper. I wear Betterdry diapers 24/7 and no one has said anything negitve when they found out most people never notice. Acceptance of your medical issue and the fact you need diapers for something you can not control helps and self confidence goes a long way when you need to change in public, just grab your bag get changed and carry on with your day. Depending how much you pee juring the day you may get through 8 hours with our needing to change in a premium diaper.

Hope you find the right level of protection you need and remember you are not alone in needing diapers and there may be some one else at work that requires diapers and you have never noticed

I have minor bowel IC due to impaction. I started out like you, not wanting to wear diapers in public and trying to just get by with pads. It finally reached a point where having to be on constant alert for a bathroom when out and about, and soiling my underwear to a degree that I could smell it and was sure that others could too, was so annoying and embarrassing that I finally bit the bullet and bought pull-ups. I know it’s uncomfortable to think about, but really no one notices, and those who do know (all doctors and service providers) make it a non-issue. I promise, getting caught wearing diapers for medical reasons will be way less embarrassing than wetting your pants.

Hey I’d just like to chime in and say that you really should try diapers or atleast a good quality pull up.

I am fully bowel incontinent and part bladder incontinent and I’ve just moved to wearing full diapers instead of pull up ones I’m not going to lie if you need high absorbency it will be thick and if you go for a plastic backed one it will make noise but I look at it this way not everyone’s going to be looking at your bottom half and I know in my case i’d rather wet and mess with protection than I would my pants. If I mess my pants everyone will know, if I mess my diaper I people will smell but won’t see anything and I can go change.

Same with you would you rather have wet pants or risk maybe someone might figure you’re wearing a diaper and then you can just explain about your condition :)

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for words of encouragement. A couple of days after this post I had been out all day. Changed pads a bunch that day and was in a fresh one and just had to run into a home improvement store to pick up a couple things on the way home. Well I must have “shifted” when I had squatted down because when I stood my back spasmed and my bladder emptied right down my shorts leg and all over the floor. I froze but my quick thinking wife said “don’t freak out, you’re wearing black. Go to the car.” She then took care of it, bought our items and left. Her supreme coolness took away all my humiliation. She just told me it was time for better protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear your wife has you covered:) but she is right its time to move on to proper protection ie Taped diapers like Betterdry or Dry24/7 as they are easier to change and handle multiple wettings and fit better then pullups.

I have been back in diapers for almost 4 years and have learned through trial and error what works best for an OAB and thats a hood quality taped diaper. I have had my share of puddles on the floor and wet pants over the years while I learned what protection works best. Do your self a favor and skip a few steps and get some proper protection you can trust to do its job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back