Electromyography what a test!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pongoandperdi15

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Today I had an appointment at neuropsychology and the did an EMG test on me and I never want to do that again.

Started off ok small electric shocks nothing to uncomfortable they got a bit bigger towards the end, then she shoved a needle into my arm and got me to move it again I thought oh this isn't that bad. Then came the legs, I nearly blacked out, she told me to keep pushing against this needle above my ankle I felt like screaming at her saying I can't push anymore its killing me! I had to stop the test I couldn't do anymore after calming down I allowed her to do one more in the top of my leg which wasn't as bad but she said most people black out when they have the ankle and the wrist done as it's the main nerve no where in the leaflet did it mention that! Thankfully I got let off the wrist one as I think she thought I'd be a mess on the floor if she did that one.

Last edited:
I've had a million of those, here's a funny story I did an inter hospital transfer, got there checked all fhecked in around 4PM, the pharmacy didn't have its act together so my night meds didn't reach the floor until 5 so the nurses gave me my sleeping pills at 5 AM , doctor shows up at 6 AM to start my 3 1/2 + hour EMG they literally had to pick me up put me in a wheelchair, take me to the special room put me on the table and every now and then do a eternal rub to get me awake to change positions there are bits and pieces I remember like when they really stuck needles down to the bone , this doctor was not happy (he flew in from the NIH to work me up for 2 weeks ) but i must say that's a great EMG method doing it mostly unconscious.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back