How to regress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunButDontHide

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
The question says it all, I want to try it, bought a 28 pack of diapers, and a pacifier (first time since I was 3 I had one in my mouth, love it), and I was thinking of staying inside the house for a week, since I have it to myself, and be a baby for the whole time, to try it out. Being a baby 24/7 except for cooking and drinking copious amounts of alcohol, that is... But I wanted to get into that regression mindset I hear so much about. Problem is... I just find the whole thing mind boggling, I can't fathom how I would ever be able to regress, really regress... I should mention I'm trying this out for the first time as in, I have very small AB tendencies, I'm much much more of a DL, but I guess I wanna try it out, so I won't die an ignorant fool :laugh: Any help will be greatly appreciated...

I get triggered in a few ways. I was watching LittleLoliKat on YouTube, and she was opening a Little subscription box, and I couldn't help being jealous. I sent my Little brother a voice message, "Vewe was so much pink stuffs in hew box! She gots pink stuffs, an' puwple stuffs, an' fluffy stuffs, an' noisy stuffs, an' candies! Ohhhh, she got so much candies! She gots pink stuffs, an' puwple stuffs, an' fluffy stuffs, an' stickews, an' I wanna subscwipachin box!"

I wasn't even trying. It just happened. Relax, don't try too hard, and see where you get. Watching Little YouTubers can help some of us, just because. . . Empathy, I guess.

I think regression comes on as a more, hard wired, natural thing. I'm not sure it can be forced. It can be encouraged by having all the things one associates with a baby like diapers, baby bottles, pacies, adult baby clothes, little kid television shows, but if it's not inherently part of your psychological makeup, it might not happen. That's part of the self identification as to being a diaper lover and/or an adult baby.

Good question.

I don't know. I think everyone is different. I've heard 'Littles' say that they can drop into 'Little' space in the middle of a sentence.

This is my personal experience and my personal opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

I've only regressed twice but I can say that it is very real and there is definitely an age component to it. I go right to infant. It's an interesting state of mind. It made me whimper like an infant and kick my legs.

Unfortunately, I don't remember what was going on in my life at the time. I have a feeling that my regression experience was stress related. Maybe a need to escape.

This may not be helpful because it's what I experienced but I think you've got to go full baby and overwhelm your senses. My regressions were during a feeding scene.

I hope this helps.

dogboy said:
I think regression comes on as a more, hard wired, natural thing. I'm not sure it can be forced. It can be encouraged by having all the things one associates with a baby like diapers, baby bottles, pacies, adult baby clothes, little kid television shows, but if it's not inherently part of your psychological makeup, it might not happen. That's part of the self identification as to being a diaper lover and/or an adult baby.

This exactly :)

It really is something that comes naturally or something that could start to come naturally the more you regress. As Dogboy said, sometimes it is dependent on how much of a latent AB side you have and it's best to explore it gradually as opposed to trying to force it.

I will also say that it is something that can be coaxed out somewhat, for instance, maybe you could take stock of what AB activities and behaviours interest you the most and give them a try the next time you regress, or maybe you can make a list of things that appealed to you as a child, like a favourite toy or a favourite show and try bringing those into your regression time as an aid or a possible trigger. This is about all I can suggest though.

So yeah, try things out, see if you get a feel for it. If regression is something that appeals to you, you'll get more accustomed to it and it will become easier overtime. At the end of the day, when you do try to regress, have fun and just try to go with the flow :)

Toys do it for me, which is why I have a stock of them that would boggle the minds of most actual children. (That's the nice thing about having a job, even though it's a pain in the butt sometimes, when I see a Totally Cool Toy, I can buy it without having to beg/plead/cry.) It's also why I know my regression age is far closer to four-five than an infant. :3

For example: I got a Color Chameleon toy that can scan colors on anything and tell you what color it is. He talks and lights up, too. I was running through the house scanning EVERYTHING to see what he said. Even the cat. Which he correctly said "BLACK! Like my eyes! I'm still working on changing to that color." Then he got confused about a purple folder and said "Do you know what color this is?" And I'm standing there going "IS PURPLE 'Meleon! You silly."

I'd definitely say it's something that's just...there. The trick is finding what flips your particular switches! And it might not actually be what you would logically conclude. ;)

(I also have one for certain scents. Baby Magic lotion and Dreft laundry detergent will trigger an epidemic of littleness.)

Wow, thank you all for the responses, I love going with the flow so that shouldn't be an issue :cool: I found a game I used to play as a child, and I think I'm gonna make a make shift onesie. I also think I have some toys in the garage, I already have a pacifier, and I was thinking of converting the living room into a baby room for the week, best as possible. I'll be padded for 5 days straight, without leaving the house, and probably only leaving the living room to cook and take bubble baths at night... I was thinking of crawling instead of walking too, to add to the feeling. It's shaping up to be a fun week :D

Last edited:
I'm new-ish to regressing as well and I'd say at first I didn't know how either. I did a bit of googling and that got me thinking. I reckon it's about not judging your experience as it happens (a bad habit i'm trying to get out of) and just letting yourself go with it. I love big soft teddies all around me and mittens too. I'm learning more about it each time I do it. Finding the keys to unlocking my experience. Feels incredible. I think keeping it up for a week straight off the bat would be a challenge! I'm discovering it's ok to kind of dip in and out of it if I'm at home on my own all day like today I can get my nappy and plastic pants on and go little when the mood takes me.

Well, obviously, if the mood strikes me to come back to the real world, drink a few cold ones and have a smoke session, I won't deny myself of such pleasures, but damn it if I won't try to go full baby mode :laugh: It's an experience, I've never had much interest in ABing, but I like to try things out, and I guess I'm a little excited and curious :D

Sounds like a great week! What games and toys do you have? I’d like to get some I think. I have loads of grown up board games I love playing so I reckon I’d love some littler ones too!

Toys, I really will have to find out what's down there, I don't have the slightest clue. I think I have a toy dragon from when I was a kid. Games, I just got a pc game called tiger's honey hunt, which I used to play all the time as a child. Board games, I don't think I've ever had any. I was also thinking of watching winnie the pooh cartoons, I used to watch that all the time too. I'm just going to try to get into the head space as much as possible. Oh and the plushies also sound like a good idea. Any recommendations will be appreciated as well :biggrin:

Toy dragon sounds fun! One thing I tried that worked was YouTube-ing lullabies and stuff like that for ambience. I also like the idea of messy play like potato printing or finger painting. Where teddies are concerned, the bigger and cuddlier the better!

I've only managed to do it a few times. A couple were while crawling around in a diaper; something about that posture just makes me feel really little.

Recently I dropped into little space quite unexpectedly and I actually got a little scared. I was getting ready to go out with some friends, only one of whom knows anything about this side of me. We're all discussing plans as we walk out the door, and I said something about how I was hungry. This friend of mine grabbed my hand, pulled me toward the door, and said in sort of a sing-songy voice, "Well, let's get you some food!" I instantly fell into littlespace and sheepishly replied, "Oh..Ok." And just like that I was back out of it again. You never know when it might strike you!

I cry. I cry a lot. Thats how I regress!

My experiences with hypnosis have been more in the line of allowing it to work.
paraphernalia helps. maybe one of those talking dollies or teddy bears with the sound chips over-written with your hypno script and a female voice. Mommies change more diapers than Daddies so you're going to remember the tones better.

I've now entered little week 100% and Im liking it :biggrin:

For me, the fastest thing that drops me into little space is watching children’s tv programs in which the characters talk to you/the screen. Mr. Rogers neighborhood is my absolute favorite. His voice is so calming and kind that when he talks to me and asks me questions, my little side is infatuated and can’t help but talk back as if he could hear me.

For me, it is a lot easier to do so when listening to some music that I heard from back then, or listening to certain insterment sounds from back then (The Yamaha DX7 for example) That, or laying in a bunch of thick blankets and rocking back and forth softly. To be honest it does not take to much to throw me into my Little side! ^_^

Wuggle said:
For me, the fastest thing that drops me into little space is watching children’s tv programs in which the characters talk to you/the screen. Mr. Rogers neighborhood is my absolute favorite. His voice is so calming and kind that when he talks to me and asks me questions, my little side is infatuated and can’t help but talk back as if he could hear me.

Also with me, it is watching TV programs for young children, along with bunnying and crawling on my bedroom floor and quietly playing with my toys to help me to let-go and regress.

Well it all depends on what age you feel like regressing to. And it will all be very personal to you. From what you wrote, it sounds like you want to regress to the baby/toddler kind of age. Here are some general tips/ideas for the different ages of baby and toddler.

Newborn (0-3 months):

-Milk in bottles - or breast milk if you have a willing partner
-Paci
-Mittens
-Socks
-Sleepsuits/full body onesies
-Diapers (obviously)
-Large blankets

Middle baby (3-6 months):

-Same as newborn, just sleep less
-Baby gym with dangle toys
-Cooing
-Laughing/smiling
-Can be propped up to sit
-Booties

Older baby (6-12 months):

-Crawling
-Baby food (puree)
-Squishy finger food - not too hard
-Clapping
-Waving
-Pulling self up on things
-Still paci and bottle, although bottle may have water sometimes
-Babbling
-Dancing to music while sitting
-High chair can start being used

Young Toddler (12-18 months):

-Learning to walk
-Saying single words, mispronounced (example: "bobba" meaning bottle)
-Clapping, pointing and waving
-Being curious about how things work and experimenting, such as bashing things and putting things in holes
-1 or 2 naps a day, for about 2 hours
-Sippy cups introduced, although bottles may still be used at bedtime
-Can eat solid food, just the same as an adult

Middle toddler (18-28 months):

-Walking semi-confidently, although falling down sometimes
-Trying to run/running awkwardly
-Still using 1 single words, although pronunciation slightly better
-May start using 2 word sentences (such as "where ball?")
-Bottles usually stop being used entirely
-May transition to a toddler bed, instead of crib
-Basic role playing/pretending
-Scribbling with chunky crayons
-Showing an interest in age appropriate TV and Movies,
but only for short amounts of time
-May begin toilet training, although probably not

Older Toddler (28-36 months):

-Having opinions
-Throwing tantrums
-Running around, being energetic
-Playing pretend/role playing
-Toilet training
-Sleeping in a "big bed"
-Starting to use 3 word sentences (such as "me like chips")
-Having favourite TV show or movie

Pre-Schooler (3-5 years):

-Talking fluently, although makes some mistakes
-Enjoying physical activity a lot
-Colouring
-Simple jigsaw puzzles
-Having a favourite character
-No longer use high chair, may use booster seat on chair
-More advanced pretend play games
-Starting to make friendships with others
-Probably doesn't wear diapers (although some do)

Regression can go right up to teenager, but from your original post these seem to be the ages you would be most interested in. Of course there are no rules and every child, real or adult, is different. These are just some pointers to help you regress :)

- - - Updated - - -

LittleSissieJolie said:
My experiences with hypnosis have been more in the line of allowing it to work.
paraphernalia helps. maybe one of those talking dollies or teddy bears with the sound chips over-written with your hypno script and a female voice. Mommies change more diapers than Daddies so you're going to remember the tones better.

Thats a little sexist. Yes, mothers tend to do more child care but things are changing. What about single dads and gay dads? Stay at home dads? It's 2018! I know this is off topic and this post is not about real parents of real children, it just seemed a little stereotypical. Sorry for changing the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back