How to regress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OfficialPastelPoppet said:
That's a little sexist. Yes, mothers tend to do more child care but things are changing. What about single dads and gay dads? Stay at home dads? It's 2018! I know this is off topic and this post is not about real parents of real children, it just seemed a little stereotypical. Sorry for changing the subject.
and that's a little ableist. See? Just like you didn't mean to make someone on the autism spectrum feel bad, I'm sure LittleSissieJolie didn't mean to make anyone else feel bad, especially considering that quite a few Spectrumites are LGBTQ+ themselves. She knows what year it is. She probably just didn't expect such an emotional overreaction to her stating a fact. LittleSissieJolie, did I choose the right pronoun? Sorry if I disgendered you.

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
and that's a little ableist. See? Just like you didn't mean to make someone on the autism spectrum feel bad, I'm sure LittleSissieJolie didn't mean to make anyone else feel bad, especially considering that quite a few Spectrumites are LGBTQ+ themselves. She knows what year it is. She probably just didn't expect such an emotional overreaction to her stating a fact. LittleSissieJolie, did I choose the right pronoun? Sorry if I disgendered you.

Ableist? I didn't even know she was on the spectrum. All she said is that mothers basically love their kids more than fathers. I don't see what that has to do with being on the spectrum. Also, im on the spectrum and im pretty sure it makes me more open minded and less into gender stereotypes than NT people. NT people seem to like gender traditions where as a lot of people like me on the spectrum like to fight for social justice and get rid of silly stereotypes. Im confused. I never mentioned disabilities, neither did I see her mention it. All this was about was gender stereotyping. What has it got to do with disabilities? They were never mentioned at all

- - - Updated - - -

SpAzpieSweeTot said:

Yeah. I just double checked and neither of us mentioned autism. ? What are you talking about?

LittleSissieJolie has mentioned it on other threads. You're right about this one. It wasn't meantioned on it. I've been here about 5 years, so, I've seen a lot of LittleSissieJolie's threads, where it was mentioned. My point was, Spectrumites don't go, "Woah, pump the brakes. If I state X fact, in Y way, I could make someone upset, without even trying," very easily.

I wasn't trying to upset you, and neither, I'm sure, was Jolie. Sorry if I came off a little angry. I wasn't. It's just, I know what, "Gosh, will people stop misinterpreting my every statement? I wish I were better at communicating. I'm such a problem," feels like.

Granted, I maybe projecting a bit. Again, sorry if I upset you. Wasn't trying. I just have information you didn't have.:hug:

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
LittleSissieJolie has mentioned it on other threads. You're right about this one. It wasn't meantioned on it. I've been here about 5 years, so, I've seen a lot of LittleSissieJolie's threads, where it was mentioned. My point was, Spectrumites don't go, "Woah, pump the brakes. If I state X fact, in Y way, I could make someone upset, without even trying," very easily.

I wasn't trying to upset you, and neither, I'm sure, was Jolie. Sorry if I came off a little angry. I wasn't. It's just, I know what, "Gosh, will people stop misinterpreting my every statement? I wish I were better at communicating. I'm such a problem," feels like.

Granted, I maybe projecting a bit. Again, sorry if I upset you. Wasn't trying. I just have information you didn't have.:hug:

You're right about most spectrumites not considering how it might offend someone. But also most spectrumites would not take a gender stereotype as a fact. It's not a fact, it's society being corrupt and forcing people to act a certain way based on whats in their pants. Like we've been through years of women (and men actually) being opressed and told their place in society. The only reason more women than men stay at home to do the child care is because it's what they think is expected of them. They think it makes them a bad parent if they go back to work and their partner does the baby stuff, or if they take turns. If the mother is not doing most of the child care, she feels like a bad mother. Despite how much she loves her baby. And I don't think thats ok, I think thats pretty sad. Especially as a woman.

Men are opressed too, especially in parenting. They are often told to "take a back seat" with their kids and that "mother knows best". This makes dads feel powerless and like they are not important. I'm not a man but that must feel awful. Being held back from the most important thing in your life. And don't even get me started on how mothers can just take away a fathers rights to see his child without any evidence just because of privilege.

We need to start seeing every human as an individual, not as a "man" or "woman", unless referring to biological gender/genitals for medical reasons

Wuggle said:
For me, the fastest thing that drops me into little space is watching children’s tv programs in which the characters talk to you/the screen. Mr. Rogers neighborhood is my absolute favorite. His voice is so calming and kind that when he talks to me and asks me questions, my little side is infatuated and can’t help but talk back as if he could hear me.

Same! Watching Steve talk to the camera on Blue's Clues makes me feel little quick.

You're right about most spectrumites not considering how it might offend someone. But also most spectrumites would not take a gender stereotype as a fact. It's not a fact, it's society being corrupt and forcing people to act a certain way based on whats in their pants. Like we've been through years of women (and men actually) being opressed and told their place in society. The only reason more women than men stay at home to do the child care is because it's what they think is expected of them. They think it makes them a bad parent if they go back to work and their partner does the baby stuff, or if they take turns. If the mother is not doing most of the child care, she feels like a bad mother. Despite how much she loves her baby. And I don't think thats ok, I think thats pretty sad. Especially as a woman.

Men are opressed too, especially in parenting. They are often told to "take a back seat" with their kids and that "mother knows best". This makes dads feel powerless and like they are not important. I'm not a man but that must feel awful. Being held back from the most important thing in your life. And don't even get me started on how mothers can just take away a fathers rights to see his child without any evidence just because of privilege.

We need to start seeing every human as an individual, not as a "man" or "woman", unless referring to biological gender/genitals for medical reasons

Dear, you and Jolie made 2 different, no less valid, points. Hers doesn't become less valid because of yours, nor does yours, because of hers. In America, Mommies do change more diapers than daddies, even now, because there are more single moms, and straight moms and dads, than single dads, and gay dads, combined, I'm sure. There being more single and gay dads than there used to be, doesn't change the fact. Jolie didn't state a stereotype as fact, nor did she say anything sexist. If she'd said, "Dads, being men, shouldn't be changing diapers. That's women's work, and that's a fact," that's sexist, incredibly so, and stating a stereotype as fact, but Jolie didn't say that. Jolie may have left a thought unfinished.

"Mommies change more diapers than daddies, so, unless your dad was single, or your dads were gay, you're going to remember the tones better."

I'm going to give Jolie the benefit of the doubt, and say she didn't say the part I added, because it was so obvious.

Leaving a thought unfinished doesn't make anyone prejudice, just a communication issue.

I'm sorry it hurt you the Jolie left out daddies, they're important.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Dear, you and Jolie made 2 different, no less valid, points. Hers doesn't become less valid because of yours, nor does yours, because of hers. In America, Mommies do change more diapers than daddies, even now, because there are more single moms, and straight moms and dads, than single dads, and gay dads, combined, I'm sure. There being more single and gay dads than there used to be, doesn't change the fact. Jolie didn't state a stereotype as fact, nor did she say anything sexist. If she'd said, "Dads, being men, shouldn't be changing diapers. That's women's work, and that's a fact," that's sexist, incredibly so, and stating a stereotype as fact, but Jolie didn't say that. Jolie may have left a thought unfinished.

"Mommies change more diapers than daddies, so, unless your dad was single, or your dads were gay, you're going to remember the tones better."

I'm going to give Jolie the benefit of the doubt, and say she didn't say the part I added, because it was so obvious.

Leaving a thought unfinished doesn't make anyone prejudice, just a communication issue.

I'm sorry it hurt you the Jolie left out daddies, they're important.

True. I remember having an equaly close bond to both my parents as a young child and I have always been a "daddy's girl" :) So I guess im a little defensive towards dads because im so close to mine. You are right though. x I'm close to both my parents but my dad has always been more agreeable and understanding. My mum can be a little dramatic and cold, but I still love her a lot. If both my parents were in a burning building and I could only save one, I would jump in the flames myself. I could never chose that

My parents both changed me. XD My mom is quick to point this out to my relatives who have boyfriends/husbands who say "I'm not doing that! That's for the MOM to do!"

And then I'm a girl and I won't change a baby. :laugh: I still have that toddler mentality of *sniffsniff* "MRS. ROBINSON! MRS. ROBINSON! TOMMY DID A POOP!" (Or, lacking Mrs. Robinson, Mr. Robinson would also do just a nicely. It's a call to whoever is closest that is 'in charge' of said child. ;D)

Thats a little sexist. Yes, mothers tend to do more child care but things are changing. What about single dads and gay dads? Stay at home dads? It's 2018! I know this is off topic and this post is not about real parents of real children, it just seemed a little stereotypical. Sorry for changing the subject
LOL. Everybody here is at least 18 year old. When our mothers changed our diapers it was not 2018 - for most of us not even in 21th century. And also woman hormones cause instinct to take care of children after birth (not that fathers should not also take care of their child) so it may also be one reason why mothers changed more diapers than fathers in case parents were divorced.

If you SJW's or whatever you are want that someone takes you seriously, stop complaining about "sexism" (and other similar things) when theres absolutely no reason to complain.

Btw. both of my parents changes my diapers and sister too :D

And to Admins: I'm not sure is this first time I'm saying this but theres a nasty bug in Adisc site mobile version: if you try to edit a message it gets deleted when you click the message box...

leijulaakso said:
LOL. Everybody here is at least 18 year old. When our mothers changed our diapers it was not 2018 - for most of us not even in 21th century. And also woman hormones cause instinct to take care of children after birth (not that fathers should not also take care of their child) so it may also be one reason why mothers changed more diapers than fathers in case parents were divorced.

If you SJW's or whatever you are want that someone takes you seriously, stop complaining about "sexism" (and other similar things) when theres absolutely no reason to complain. Btw. both of my parents changes my diapers and sister too
biggrin.gif
Excellent point! Now you know why I said something. Regardless of what's under Jolie's shirt, or in Jolie's pants, regardless of societal corruption, real or imagined, I couldn't stand Jolie not being able to share a thought, without being called, somethingist, in this case, sexist. I'd also be lying if I said it didn't bother me, that someone I knew may have been having trouble communicating, was being called prejudiced, when, in all likelihood, Jolie just miscommunicated. Oh, and a major part of the reason women stay home and take care of kids, is because, science is showing us how important breast milk, and particularly, maternal, (because. . . Feed bags-- crude, yes. True. Not sexist) bonding, as well as baby or toddler-led weening, are. Male lactation is exceptionally rare.:lol:

In the studies, it does say, "primary caregiver," but that's usually us. Breast milk.

God, thank you for making me a volunteerist, a.k.a. anarchist.

Back on topic, I promise. Paci time is amazing. If you don't have one, get one.

Last edited:
leijulaakso said:

If you SJW's or whatever you are want that someone takes you seriously, stop complaining about "sexism" (and other similar things) when theres absolutely no reason to complain.

Btw. both of my parents changes my diapers and sister too :D

And to Admins: I'm not sure is this first time I'm saying this but theres a nasty bug in Adisc site mobile version: if you try to edit a message it gets deleted when you click the message box...

I guess im only 18 and have very progressive/liberal parents so that has shaped my experiences :)

Just relax! Find out what works for you.

RunButDontHide said:
The question says it all, I want to try it, bought a 28 pack of diapers, and a pacifier (first time since I was 3 I had one in my mouth, love it), and I was thinking of staying inside the house for a week, since I have it to myself, and be a baby for the whole time, to try it out. Being a baby 24/7 except for cooking and drinking copious amounts of alcohol, that is... But I wanted to get into that regression mindset I hear so much about. Problem is... I just find the whole thing mind boggling, I can't fathom how I would ever be able to regress, really regress... I should mention I'm trying this out for the first time as in, I have very small AB tendencies, I'm much much more of a DL, but I guess I wanna try it out, so I won't die an ignorant fool :laugh: Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Regressing doesn’t have to mean “right I have all this AB stuff now I need To act like a baby and crawl around the floor straight away.” It can come naturally, find out what works for you in terms of making you feel like a little. For me regressing comes when I put on the thickest diaper possible, fill my bottle with warm milk and put on my diaper suit. But for other people it may be sitting in their play pen without a diaper playing with toys it’s really down to what makes YOU feel little. So relax, ease in to it and just experiment. *hugs tight*

No problem and sorry if offended you, those values like gender equality are very good values :thumbsup: Just wanted to remind that remember context, don't complain when there's no reason and so on .. then other people will take those important values more seriously :)

But back to topic, for me most regressing is watching children's television series. My favourite is Ollie and Moon show but I also like to watch Paw Patrol. And now I have started watching Peter Rabbit, that 2010s CGI version. Local broadcasting company (YLE) started broadcasting season 2 of it here and at least the three episodes they have aired now have been very nice. Graphics are nice even when they are CGI and it have much action but it's still childish :) But it's sad that I haven't seen season 1 of it. It was aired at 2014 or something like that. I like to watch my children's television series dubbed and actually I need to, so much fast action etc. :laugh:

Damn, this thread went places... I might give it a try some other time of my life, (whenever the mood strikes me, I never say never), but I just couldn't let go of my inner cynicism... Maybe I'm not cut out for this AB stuff, maybe I'm not ready to let go, whatever the case, I tried and didn't feel it, but I'm still glad I tried, and thank you all for the help and the exchange of philosophies betwixt yourselves :laugh:

Guess it depends on where you want to regress to. The human brain basically eliminates many things around age 2, that's why those memories people who want to act really young can't really remember how to. Think the term was "neural pruning" back in AP Psych. Anyways, as for me, to regress, I need the nut jobs out of the house, and be on my own. I find that certain movies I loved as a kid, or TV shows, playing with toys [really just building with Legos], wearing a Goodnite, having favorite snacks as a kid (if only Doritos would bring back the *real* 3D chips!!!) I just zone out and tap back into what it was like, and go from there. Start slow and invest time in the experience regressing, tapping into the senses, for me, really works. I also think it's a way of getting therapy, especially if one lived in an abusive household emotionally/physiologically/verbally, I think the desire to want to regress is our subconscious telling us "go back, there's something to learn from here. There's a safe place here, heal thyself"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back